giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

6 hours ago, doctorbutts said:

Thanks for your response.

It does not happen with other vehicles I've replaced such as the AH64 with the RHS AH-6M. So far I'm only able to replicate the issue with the RHS_UH60M and RHS_UH60M_d. I have even tried changing

if (damage (_array select 0) != 1)

to

if (damage (_array select 0) < 0.5)

on the suspicion that the wreck damage was not 1. It did not work.

I even tried commenting out the line entirely and tried to see what would happen if I tried to repair and it did nothing at all.

I think there's something wrong with the object itself, at this point.

Also: I notice that whenever I try to move the UH60 around in Eden, a piece of it doesn't move with it for some reason.

Edit: I tried this with the ghosthawk and I'm still having the problem. Where I described above about the object that sticks around, I think it might be a FRIES bar

Another person is working with it too and they saw this error:

So could it be the FRIES bar or maybe the fast rope thing causing the issue?

3 hours ago, doctorbutts said:

Vdauphin:

Hey, we are able to confirm that ACE_friesAnchorBar is causing the issue.

I'll put a report on the github.

Thank you very much for this clear report :)

A FIX has been published https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/306

Good Job!

Is it possible to change this mission so players have a premade starting Kit rather than the arsenal? I can remove the arsenal box in the editor but that breaks the mission on start.  I want to run this mission as an event, and people spending 30-40 minutes picking through the arsenal is just killing the flow. 

Thank you.

I wasn't able to find that lin in the add_actions.sqf.   I found it in the init_player.sqf (line 37).  Would that be the same thing?  It seems to do what i want in my limited tests on a non-dedicated server session. 

2 hours ago, Noyava said:

Thank you.

I wasn't able to find that lin in the add_actions.sqf.   I found it in the init_player.sqf (line 37).  Would that be the same thing?  It seems to do what i want in my limited tests on a non-dedicated server session. 

Yes, it is :). It was here in the old version. Now I moved it in this file add_actions.sqf . You should update the mission to get last fix and new feature.

Good night!

Got a couple small issues. Requested missions of the convoy variety can bug out. I looked at the RPT file and it's a 'Road not found' error. This was in the northwestern part of the Altis map. Also, wounded civilian missions have an issue where the civilian dies within a few minutes of requesting the mission (ACE medical set to advanced on the server).

Also, I'm using my own towing mod. I'd like to remove the 'hook' and 'unhook' ACE interaction options. Would it be possible for me to edit one of the files within the PBO without breaking the mission?

Thanks for keeping this mission alive.

2 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

Got a couple small issues. Requested missions of the convoy variety can bug out. I looked at the RPT file and it's a 'Road not found' error. This was in the northwestern part of the Altis map. Also, wounded civilian missions have an issue where the civilian dies within a few minutes of requesting the mission (ACE medical set to advanced on the server).

Also, I'm using my own towing mod. I'd like to remove the 'hook' and 'unhook' ACE interaction options. Would it be possible for me to edit one of the files within the PBO without breaking the mission?

Thanks for keeping this mission alive.

Thank you very much for this feedback: The convoy issue is just a wrong copy and past x) fix here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/311

The wounded civilian side mission really start only when you are close (less than 5km). We use the fast rope to drop soldiers and medic just above the civilian. The civilian need to be stabilize very quickly with tourniquet.  Then we directly put the civ inside the chopper and leave in less than 5minutes. When is avaible the Apache cover us to avoid trap. But sometimes civilian just die. This effect us a lot but we did our best! (you can tweek the damage system here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/common/set_damage.sqf)

2 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

the PBO without breaking the mission?

Of course take a look here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/eh/veh_init.sqf

Are all destroyed vehicles able to be sling loaded/towed?

Have not been able to tow or sling That single heavy apc (think it's a M2A2) in destroyed or working status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by eric963
Clarification

Vdauphin, once again i would like to ask if you modified anything in the mission.sqm in the transition from 1.15.1 to 1.16.1 :p 

6 hours ago, zafjr said:

Vdauphin, once again i would like to ask if you modified anything in the mission.sqm in the transition from 1.15.1 to 1.16.1 :p 

Hello :)

yes, I changed vehicle type and HEADLESS module so you need to add it with the corresponding name.

Next time I will add a specific changelog for mission.sqm ;)

Ah. I see the HEADLESS module :). Vehicle type?

1 minute ago, zafjr said:

Ah. I see the HEADLESS module :). Vehicle type?

"rhsusf_M1237_M2_usarmy_d" and "rhsusf_M1078A1P2_B_M2_d_open_fmtv_usarmy"

have fun

19 hours ago, eric963 said:

Are all destroyed vehicles able to be sling loaded/towed?

Have not been able to tow or sling That single heavy apc (think it's a M2A2) in destroyed or working status.

In 1.16.1 tank can't be sling loaded or towed. Looks like the code is a little out of date after Arma3 and RHS update :/

I fixed it here :https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/312

Byebye!

49 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

In 1.16.1 tank can't be sling loaded or towed. Looks like the code is a little out of date after Arma3 and RHS update :/

I fixed it here :https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/312

Byebye!

Sorry Vdauphin for the noob question.  Looking at your Github link, basically all I need to do is depbo the mission, use the new code and replace it in the =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf and in the  =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/log/can_tow.sqf  and repbo it again?

Thanks in advance!  We love this mission!

Edited by kman_(kya)
Saw that there was the entire code

13 minutes ago, kman_(kya) said:

Sorry Vdauphin for the noob question.  Looking at your Github link, basically all I need to do is depbo the mission, use the new code and replace it in the =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf and in the  =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/log/can_tow.sqf  and repbo it again?

Thanks in advance!  We love this mission!

Yes, do exactly  modifications I did and you get the FIX. Or wait for the next HotFix :)

See you !

• Like 1

Will do the modification.

Thx again!!!! My group is addicted to your mission.

What is saved in the  DataBase? 

I could not find anything about it so far.

2 hours ago, the m said:

What is saved in the  DataBase? 

I could not find anything about it so far.

Hello,

Just everything!!

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/db/save.sqf

time,each AI in each city, city liberate or not, each IED position and status,hideout destroy or not,cache position, FOB, vehicles position status inventory, object status position inventory and more!!

Also create a specific save depending on map. So you can play on altis then go on takistan and come back on altis without data lost.

Byebye!

On 4.3.2017 at 5:14 PM, Noyava said:

Is it possible to change this mission so players have a premade starting Kit rather than the arsenal? I can remove the arsenal box in the editor but that breaks the mission on start.  I want to run this mission as an event, and people spending 30-40 minutes picking through the arsenal is just killing the flow. 

I did comment that line out. now the arsenal is gone. how do I define the loadouts? in the editor the units have vanilla loadouts but when they spawn they get stripped off their gear.

2 hours ago, missverstanden said:

I did comment that line out. now the arsenal is gone. how do I define the loadouts? in the editor the units have vanilla loadouts but when they spawn they get stripped off their gear.

Hello,

remove this line here : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/init_player.sqf#L23

removeAllWeapons player;

byebye

14 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

Just everything!!

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/db/save.sqf

time,each AI in each city, city liberate or not, each IED position and status,hideout destroy or not,cache position, FOB, vehicles position status inventory, object status position inventory and more!!

Also create a specific save depending on map. So you can play on altis then go on takistan and come back on altis without data lost.

Byebye!

What happens if I change a parameter, like the number of caches or IEDs on/off? Last night i put some cargo into one of the vehicles and saved the mission. After loading the Mission there was no cargo.

My next question is, how I can set the default parameters?

On 09/03/2017 at 3:47 PM, the m said:

number of caches

you mean number of Hideouts, the Database will not care about your change

IEDs on/off?

also don't care if the city has been previously activated. New city will not get IED.

Last night i put some cargo into one of the vehicles and saved the mission

strange this should do the work https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/db/save.sqf#L121. RTP from server and client are usefull. Are you sure ? if yes it is a bug, we need to take a look.  Edit @the m : tested and it works :):)

My next question is, how I can set the default parameters?

go here :https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/param.hpp

and set your default values and repack into a .pbo

Have fun.

Gameplay question.

While testing the mission out we set it to 1 hideout. We destroyed it and got the new task of clearing the rest of the island with circular markers on a bunch of cities/towns/places to clear.

Prior to destroying the final hideout if we clear a town/city of insurgents will the continue to respawn there when we leave the area and the pass thru it again later or will it remain cleared?

If you clear it, it will remain clear. The enemy could recap it tho, especially if there's an hideout close by. To recap the city they need to get there physically, nothing scripted. You could also encounter random patrols in a cleared city

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1