giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

What command can I type into the debug console that will tell me what our reputation level is in a number value. We have been doing a ton of side missions and our reputation level is still very low and want to make sure things are working as they should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, eric963 said:

What command can I type into the debug console that will tell me what our reputation level is in a number value. We have been doing a ton of side missions and our reputation level is still very low and want to make sure things are working as they should.

exec server side:

publicVariable "btc_global_reputation";

next :

hint str(btc_global_reputation);

Your reputation is link to how smart you play: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/doc.sqf#L117

killing civilians, firing near civilians for no reason, losing vehicles, respawns will decrease your repution.

I've added carrier dlc to the mix on both tanoa and altis, along with DEP(dynamic enemy air patrols)  using some few interesting mods,(awaiting USAF to update) feel free to download and test both versions.  The mod list is on front page of github.  Enjoy.

Hearts and Minds Github Altis and Tanoa versions

• Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 5:48 PM, Vdauphin said:

In your mission.sqm place your soldier where you want to see them spawn and change files like this :https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/355/files

Works, thank you

On 3/13/2017 at 9:33 AM, Vdauphin said:

they not spawn at all if the player side is different from BLUFOR.

You can change player side here: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/def/mission.sqf#L483

I recently tried to switch up to being AAF against NATO and did the following but now I get a variable error for player side and enemies won't spawn in either

I set my units in editor to Independent(green) faction as well

*edits to =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis\core\def\mission.sqm 

Spoiler

//Mil
btc_player_side        = resistance;
btc_respawn_marker    = "respawn_guerrila";
switch (true) do {
    case (_p_en == 0) :    {
        btc_hq                 = btc_hq_blu;
        btc_enemy_side        = west;
        btc_type_units        = ["B_Soldier_F","B_Soldier_TL_F","B_Soldier_AR_F","B_engineer_F","B_Soldier_exp_F","B_Soldier_GL_F","B_Soldier_LAT_F"];
        btc_type_divers        = ["B_diver_F","B_diver_exp_F","B_diver_TL_F"];
        btc_type_crewmen    = "B_G_Soldier_F";
        btc_type_vehicles    = ["B_MRAP_01_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F"];
        btc_type_boats        = ["B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F","B_Boat_Transport_01_F","B_SDV_01_F"];
        btc_type_motorized    = ["B_MRAP_01_F","B_MRAP_01_gmg_F","B_MRAP_01_hmg_F","B_Truck_01_transport_F","B_Truck_01_covered_F","B_APC_Wheeled_01_cannon_F","B_MBT_01_cannon_F"];
        btc_type_mg            = ["B_HMG_01_F","B_HMG_01_high_F"];
        btc_type_gl            = ["B_GMG_01_F","B_GMG_01_high_F"];
    };

Lastly, how do you restrict what items can be gained at "btc_gear_object" container?

9 hours ago, wifye said:

I recently tried to switch up to being AAF against NATO and did the following but now I get a variable error for player side and enemies won't spawn in either

I set my units in editor to Independent(green) faction as well

*edits to =BTC=co@30_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis\core\def\mission.sqm 

Reveal hidden contents

Hello,

I never did it in the past. Looks like you did everything correctly. You should take a look in your .rtp to find and resolve errors you did.

9 hours ago, wifye said:

Lastly, how do you restrict what items can be gained at "btc_gear_object" container?

If you are talking about the Arsenal search in the BI forum. I think a lot of people had the same problem.

Best Regards.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello,

I never did it in the past. Looks like you did everything correctly. You should take a look in your .rtp to find and resolve errors you did.

If you are talking about the Arsenal search in the BI forum. I think a lot of people had the same problem.

Best Regards.

Thanks, checking into it all

Update- had a variable error further up which made the whole mission.sqf file mess up, the bit i posted is correct though and works fine

I have a squad of opfor units in the big church in the center of Pyrgos.  The church is an un-enterable building and  seems to indestructible. I tried using debug mode and using zeus but I have not been able to kill them to finish clearing the town.

Any idea's on how to eliminate that squad?

Thanks

Eric

22 hours ago, eric963 said:

I have a squad of opfor units in the big church in the center of Pyrgos.  The church is an un-enterable building and  seems to indestructible. I tried using debug mode and using zeus but I have not been able to kill them to finish clearing the town.

Any idea's on how to eliminate that squad?

Thanks

Eric

Hello, those guys are pretty clever!!

Open the debug console :

units_close_to_player = allunits select {player distance _x < 20};
enemies_close_to_player = units_close_to_player select {(side _x) isequalto btc_enemy_side};
enemies_close_to_player apply {_x setdamage 1};

(tweak the distance 20m by what you need)

EXEC locally!

Have fun!

Edited by Vdauphin
EXEC locally!

Hey Vdauphin, I am coming to you again because, well, your the person to see involving tweeking this mission. Using all your already posted infromation about tweeks and fixes i was able to do the following. I have removed all the rhs dependencies and replaced them with all vanilla assets. the only mods required for this mission on my server are ACE and MrSanchez Headgore(love that mod). So That is all a success the mission is on the server running. I have moved all the assets to the USS Freedom. I have been able to respawn on the carrier that is not a problem. have added a few vehicles to your respawn system, because having the assets on the ship allow more room for things to be lost in transit, IE fall into the ocean. And that would be pretty hard to recover (unless you can toe with the SVD... maybe something could be pulled to the shore... anywho that aside I have a question about any further work in the scripting to get things to spawn at height IE on the USS Freedom. I read a few posts back that the logi stuff is not spawning at height on the deck do you have any idea on how to correct this?

I have also just added your scripting for disabling spawing of AI for fast movers. hope to see some impovement from this in my next test in a few minutes.

so yea currently the only problems im having are getting assets to properly respawn at height or at all on the carrier. once that is fleshed out i can post up this version for anyone else. any ideas would be greatly appreciated

another question to add, where is the code that places and spawns the hideouts. Is there a way to have it check that there are no other hideouts near by. maybe add it as a paramater for small maps and big maps to spread out or bring together the hideouts... I ask because i increased the hide out from 5 max to 10 max and i have noticed that they often bunch up and all are in the same area.. I was hoping you may have some ideas on how to prevent this and spread them out. with a near by check?

Also, in my current tests im still getting activation notifications when im flying around. when i look at the map in zeus as im flying area's are being activated for IED's, and im getting IED markers. and this does lag for some reason. any way to disable IED's spawning when flying over?

agan thanks for your continued efforts on this mission

Hello! Thanks and I am happy  to you already find a lot of solution.

7 hours ago, lordprimate said:

unless you can toe with the SVD...

check this ;)https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/310

at height on the deck do you have any idea on how to correct this?

As I said the H&M logistic point has not been design for this case. I did a fix for that : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/pull/354

another question to add, where is the code that places and spawns the hideouts. Is there a way to have it check that there are no other hideouts near by. maybe add it as a paramater for small maps and big maps to spread out or bring together the hideouts... I ask because i increased the hide out from 5 max to 10 max and i have noticed that they often bunch up and all are in the same area..

https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/init_server.sqf#L12

the hideout city is chosen randomly but it depends a lot of city type and base position (hideout don't spawn too close from the base (btc_hideout_safezone = 4km), base far is better) here is how city are choosed: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/mil/create_hideout.sqf#L9-L20

I was hoping you may have some ideas on how to prevent this and spread them out. with a near by check?

For me actually this is not an issue. But if you want we can talk about this on Github, we will have more tools to find the best approach (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds)

Also, in my current tests im still getting activation notifications when im flying around. when i look at the map in zeus as im flying area's are being activated for IED's, and im getting IED markers. and this does lag for some reason. any way to disable IED's spawning when flying over?

I am confused you said :

I have also just added your scripting for disabling spawing of AI for fast movers. hope to see some impovement from this in my next test in a few minutes.

Did you do that :

?

If yes, the spawn of AI and IED are disable. You will see no lag coming from the mission ... but may be from your computer :/

agan thanks for your continued efforts on this mission

You welcome!

Byebye!

Hello again, thanks for your response I have tested the logi stuff and your right i missed that update it is working correctly as far as i can tell.

I have to confirm what im seeing and ill record a video, if im not mistaken. 

I have another question. How do i increase the respawn time of the assets. currently they seem to respawn very fast i wast hoping to delay the respawn of the objects by maybe 5-10 minutes. 

Edit. i thought i found the right files but the way the code is written i was sure that i wasnt actually changing the right value. I did a test and was confirmed that its not right(what i did) so yea i cant find the code to increase the respawn time to the vehicles, tried searching this threads posts for any hints. non came up in the search.

2 hours ago, lordprimate said:

I have another question. How do i increase the respawn time of the assets. currently they seem to respawn very fast i wast hoping to delay the respawn of the objects by maybe 5-10 minutes. 

Edit. i thought i found the right files but the way the code is written i was sure that i wasnt actually changing the right value. I did a test and was confirmed that its not right(what i did) so yea i cant find the code to increase the respawn time to the vehicles, tried searching this threads posts for any hints. non came up in the search.

Are you talking about helo? If yes, here is the code calling the respawn script : https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/init_server.sqf#L44

30 is the time in second before respawn.

Have a good day.

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.4 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm/Param.hpp unchanged.
- FIX: Dead body above water can't be search.
- FIX: Now civilian or enemies patrol in house.
- FIX: Vehicles are damaged by Data Base loading.
- FIX: Documentation about towing vehicle (car can't tow truck or tank).
- FIX: Logistic point can't be use when animals or module are placed on it.
- FIX: Player spawn under the FOB floor.
- FIX: Player respawn at connection position.
- FIX: Helo and logisitc point elevation.

Bye!!

• Like 2

I have a question..I added in the new Carrier and am using an LHD from CUP..I want to have the respawn position on the deck of the new carrier. I have the position I want copied to the clipboard  [[4.28521,[14348,5896.76,24.8952]]]  my question is can I input this someplace or do I have to do a whole new respawn.sqf?

I havent ever done a respwn.sqf before I always just used the marker but in this case it doesnt work on the carrier deck.

Diesel

On 29/05/2017 at 11:33 PM, Vdauphin said:

- FIX: Player respawn at connection position.

hello,

Thanks to 1.16.4 update:

On 18/05/2017 at 11:48 PM, Vdauphin said:

In your mission.sqm place your soldier where you want to see them spawn

bye!

I know your mission has been around for quite a while but we have been playing the crap out of Pilgrimage. We do however see the potential for a really good time with your mission as well. I have a question though that makes it somewhat unplayable,....sort of. There is no "save" so that we can come back another day to continue. We love the looooooooong missions that can take many days to complete. Since we work full time, our play time is restricted. I think I read earlier here that only a save will be available on a dedicated server. Is that something that is set in stone, or can that be reconfigured?

Secondly, I just found this and was wondering if it can be used in addition to your mission? Our idea is that we will remove a lot of the gear and equipment at the base so that it it starts out with lees stuff,.....makes it a little tougher.

Thanks

Hello, Welcome!

8 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

There is no "save"

LoL

On 07/04/2014 at 8:44 AM, giallustio said:

Full saving DataBase

8 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I just found this and was wondering if it can be used in addition to your mission?

Never used. Don't know :)

Have fun!

On 05/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, pvt. partz said:

There is no "save"

LoL

I don't follow. I did read the opening post on this thread and I'm aware that it says full save data base, but when I play the mission I don't have a save option either while I'm playing or when I want to "save an exit".

Are you logged in as admin? You won't see the option unless you are.

@Vdauphin Hey so I was testing the edit I did on your mission and for some reason, it shows where all the enemy AI are and all the IEDs, green/red zones. Is it possible to disable this, I remember being able to do it in the past but I've forgotten now.

Thanks

On 5/31/2017 at 5:40 PM, pvt. partz said:

I know your mission has been around for quite a while but we have been playing the crap out of Pilgrimage. We do however see the potential for a really good time with your mission as well. I have a question though that makes it somewhat unplayable,....sort of. There is no "save" so that we can come back another day to continue. We love the looooooooong missions that can take many days to complete. Since we work full time, our play time is restricted. I think I read earlier here that only a save will be available on a dedicated server. Is that something that is set in stone, or can that be reconfigured?

Secondly, I just found this and was wondering if it can be used in addition to your mission? Our idea is that we will remove a lot of the gear and equipment at the base so that it it starts out with lees stuff,.....makes it a little tougher.

Thanks

Hi

Login as admin and Open Ace Self Interaction UI and you will see "Database" There is option to Save & Delete

Azrin