giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

1 hour ago, kman_(kya) said:

I added the vehicles to the core\def\misisons.sqf file (https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/wiki/4:-Add-respawn-to-vehicle-or-boat)

//Vehs

Line 152 - btc_vehicles =  [btc_veh_1,btc_veh_2,btc_veh_3,btc_veh_4,btc_veh_5,btc_veh_6,btc_veh_7,btc_veh_8,btc_veh_9,btc_veh_10,btc_veh_11,btc_veh_12,btc_veh_13,btc_veh_14,btc_veh_15,btc_veh_16,btc_veh_17,btc_veh_18,btc_veh_19,        btc_veh_20,btc_veh_21];

Line 153 - btc_helo = [btc_helo_1,btc_helo_2,btc_helo_3,btc_helo_4,btc_helo_5,btc_helo_6];};

Do I need to add them anywhere else?

Nop, you did it right. Did you save the game before you add vehicles ?

2 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

Nop, you did it right. Did you save the game before you add vehicles ?

I'm not sure what you mean, but the vehicles are definitely in the mission files (.pbo).  I changed the name of the mission so I am wondering if that could have messed something up?

15 hours ago, Sgt DeWolf said:

Been running an edited version of Hearts and Minds for a couple weeks now. Only criticism I have is the IEDs that spawn inside of buildings. Very difficult to detect and impossible to disarm. One could argue that it's realistic, but I feel it can ruins the flow of the mission. The IEDs that spawn on the road are more than sufficient for adding an element of danger. Would it be possible to edit any files within the pbo to remove the IEDs placed in buildings?

Hello,

IED should not spawn inside building. I also never saw that :/ Here is the function: https://github.com/Vdauphin/HeartsAndMinds/blob/master_stable/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds.Altis/core/fnc/ied/init_area.sqf

Bye!!

5 minutes ago, kman_(kya) said:

I'm not sure what you mean, but the vehicles are definitely in the mission files (.pbo).  I changed the name of the mission so I am wondering if that could have messed something up?

Could you send rpt ?

"save" : H&M has a database system, so you can save your game and restart without data lost.

Just now, Vdauphin said:

Could you send rpt ?

"save" : H&M has a database system, so you can save your game and restart without data lost.

I never saved a current game.  I had tested the mission hosting and had just uploaded it to the dedicated to test.  Where do I find the .rpt file?

2 hours ago, kman_(kya) said:

I run a local server, the vehicles I added spawn, but when I run the mission on a dedicated server, none of the stuff I added spawns.

are you sure you are using the correct .pbo ? If it is working locally, I see no reson why it is not working on dedicate server.

depend on dedicate :) rtp could be next to the arma3server.exe.

good luck.

3 minutes ago, Vdauphin said:

are you sure you are using the correct .pbo ? If it is working locally, I see no reson why it is not working on dedicate server.

depend on dedicate :) rtp could be next to the arma3server.exe.

good luck.

I'm using the correct .pbo.  I PM'd you the server.log to see if that could be used to diagnose the issue.

Line 153 - btc_helo = [btc_helo_1,btc_helo_2,btc_helo_3,btc_helo_4,btc_helo_5,btc_helo_6];};
One more };

Are the vehicles named in the editor?

• Like 1

I noticed when I moved all the units in the editor into a FOB I created the ACE interaction system doesn't work. Why is that and how do I fix it?

M1025A2 (M2) destroyed vehicles appear unable to be towed.  We tried towing it with the M2A2, M1078A1P2-A, M1017A1P2-B and another M1025A2 and none were able to tow it.  The undamaged ones were able to be towed by all vehicles.

Could you please take a look.

UPDATE:  Might just be a problem on my end.  Restarted mission blew up the M1025A2 and was able to tow the destroyed wreck.

Thanks

Eric

Edited by eric963
update

11 hours ago, giallustio said:

One more };

Are the vehicles named in the editor?

Yes, they are named in the editor.

I noticed if you keep the mission running on a server for around 24 hours then we can't repair wrecks anymore and we can't lift wrecks. Also, some people can't use the BIS default grouping system and others can randomly. Another thing I noticed is if you are the officer and create a side mission, then left the server can come back you can't create side missions anymore. After you leave the mission on a server you are replaced with an AI. Then when you join you replace the AI. The only way to fix it currently is to restart the server and it is only temporary. Will there be a newer version soon to fix these issues?

Here is the mission that I am running

- The only changes I have made are adding a few vehicles and creating a spawning FOB for NATO in a new location.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1usapjj2cfconan/%3DBTC%3Dco%4030_Hearts_and_Minds_v2.Altis.pbo

I think there are some issues with the new 64bit version like the ghost AI appearing.It's not an issue with the mission pbo.

I gave up trying to use a saved game, always corrupted in some way. I just restart the mission  fresh every time.

Destroyed vehicle map markers missing when loading saved mission.

When the mission starts the vehicles explode where they were destroyed at during the previous mission but the map makers never appear.

Eric

I have another question :D

Would it be possible to save the markers for destroyed caches, Intel,  or markers in general? 

8 hours ago, the m said:

I have another question :D

Would it be possible to save the markers for destroyed caches, Intel,  or markers in general? 

Hello!

Everything is possible but we have limited number of time. It is not easy to keep them. Also after 10 destroyed, the map will begin to be unreadable :/

Best regards

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.2 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm unchange.
- FIX: Vehicles fly or are in the ground during towing.
- FIX: Player don't get any notification when side mission convoy and capture an officier begin.
- FIX: Logistics point can't detect wreck when FRIES is equipped on helicopters.
- FIX: Wreck lift.
- FIX: When all players fall unconscious, AI disappear.
- FIX: Patrol can be out of city area.
- FIX: Car can tow truck or tank.
- FIX: Tank can't be lift.
- FIX: Tank can't be tow by truck or tank.
- FIX: Check cap trow error in some case.
- FIX: Missing interaction icon on StaticWeapon.
- FIX: Group created are not delete in some case.

Bye!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vdauphin said:

Hello !

The H&M 1.16.2 hotfix is here ! With also a quick Tanoa version !

Changelog :

- Mission.sqm unchange.
- FIX: Vehicles fly or are in the ground during towing.
- FIX: Player don't get any notification when side mission convoy and capture an officier begin.
- FIX: Logistics point can't detect wreck when FRIES is equipped on helicopters.
- FIX: Wreck lift.
- FIX: When all players fall unconscious, AI disappear.
- FIX: Patrol can be out of city area.
- FIX: Car can tow truck or tank.
- FIX: Tank can't be lift.
- FIX: Tank can't be tow by truck or tank.
- FIX: Check cap trow error in some case.
- FIX: Missing interaction icon on StaticWeapon.
- FIX: Group created are not delete in some case.

Bye!!

Awesome!  Thanks for the update!!

We would like to be able to host your mission on our server but adding in ACE breaks all of our existing content with the medical system. How massive would it be to remove ACE and replace the interaction system with different controls? Just asking for a ballpark estimation. Not too bad at using "find in files" in notpad++ and figuring this out. It is just a few weeks of hard work or would my brain just explode?

Very nice mission so thank you for all the hard work you guys do to support it. Great to see!

Well...The mission had a custom interaction system, but it was like more than 1 year ago, so I'd say the effort would be massive

And another question 

I am trying to modify the Ace medical settings. 

In core/def/mission.sqf line 29 i found the medical options. But how can I disable the AI unconsciousness?

I did a fork and for a form of variety and difficulty, Hearts and Minds version with a blufor main airbase w/safezone. Dep opfor air support and RHS troops sprinkled in to make it appear china and russians have been aiding the guerrilla forces.  Found here on github. 

Enjoy and thanks to all who have been doing crazy fun coding. I'm thinking of trying a blufor base using tetet's Nimitz carrier and possibly adding that vanilla scratch built oil rig platform. Amazing stuff from the community. 

https://github.com/Breech99/HeartsAndMinds/tree/Hearts-and-MindsMain_Blufor_Base

Features

Uses Main Tanoa Airport as Blufor base with safezone over base

Added Features:

-Intro start with UAV cam and ANN report

-fnc halo jump at main base

-CHVD dynamic view distance script suite

-igiload logistical load system to helicopters and RHS trucks and vanilla trucks

-gvs helipad repair/rearm/refuel - Motorpool shop with repair/rearm/refuel

-ace medical facility with automedic- joins group and despawns after 120sec.

-VCOMAI - enhancement for AI. makes them perform less robotic

-recorded music and sounds

-DEP dynamic enemy population *only using the opfor aircraft to patrol/attack every 20-30 min

-kp_fuel_consuption script to have fuel dependancies

-MELB little birds

-USAF C17 transport

-tanks

-base defenses

---------------------------MODS USED In this version:------------------------------------------

@cba community based addons

@ace

@acex

@RHS afrf

@RHS usf

@CUP Terrain Core

@MELB mission enhanced little birds

@USAF

---------------------------optional client side mods:

@athena

@advanced urban rappeling

47 minutes ago, montgomery said:

@breech99 The MELBs are included in RHS. Using both addons is unecessary.

Noted: But from last reports the RHS versions are older and the Mod is a more current update from the last build with hotfix 2016. Besides, it's only a mod to enable. Enjoy

1 hour ago, the m said:

And another question 

I am trying to modify the Ace medical settings. 

In core/def/mission.sqf line 29 i found the medical options. But how can I disable the AI unconsciousness?

Hello,

this option is necessary to allow you to heal civilian and side mission.

Byebye!