giallustio

[MP] =BTC= Hearts and Minds

Hearts and Minds

MWFMP.png120066018-bd52ed80-c074-11eb-87d6-61cdeaMWFMP.png

Hearts and Minds is a cooperative mission that aims to recreate a post war environment based on an insurgency gameplay.
CSAT forces retreated from Altis and NATO deployed units and vehicles to help the local population.
A new formed group, known as "Oplitas", is againts the NATO intervention and it is ready to fight back.

The mission has a lot of features:

• Medical system
  • Logistic system
  • Deep ACE3 support
  • Interaction system
  • IED/Suicide bomber system
  • Dynamic caching system
  • Civilian interaction
  • Reputation system
  • More than 5 side mission
  • Full saving DataBase
  • Optional mods support (CAF and RHS AF)
  • Something I forgot for sure

You main task is to defeat the "Oplitas" group and restore peace and order in Altis.
The militia has an unknown number in the island that need to be destroyed.
They have also ammo caches in various locations, destroy them to weaken its power.

Bad actions cause bad effetcs.
Infact there's a reputation system: helping the local population, fighting the "Oplitas", disarming IED will rise your reputation; killing civilians, losing vehicles, respawns will decrease your repution.
At the beginning you have a very low reputation level, so civilians won't help you revealing important information about Oplitas, they will likely lie instead.

Any support or feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

Requirements:

- CBA

ACE3

RHS US

Credits:
- =BTC= clan

Contributors

DownLoad link

btn_donate_LG.gif

I'm not maintaining this mission at the moment but you could try the new version of Vdauphin, he's working on it costantly and he added and fixed a lot of things:

Download link

Features added from Vdauphin repository :

• Extend battlefield to sea
  • Rearm system
  • More than 12 side mission
  • Tanoa map
  • Optional mods support (=BTC= Militia, IWAR: Irregular Warfare, Ericj_Taliban, RDS A2 Civilian Pack, CUP Units and CUP Vehicles)
  • And more!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

links are not working

basically i would be interested in joining the developement process but ... yeah ... not sure if you know but if not

got a pretty giant hill of work which is getting higher every day :F (XMedSys, XTacticalHud, XLib)

'Cause there are no links :D closed alpha.

I was looking for testers and suggestions about the gameplay but i guess that more scripters will work on it the better the comunity will have!

sounds good! just make sure that it's editor-friendly. :)

There are not much changes about caches. Militia units drop intels that you can pick up with your scroll menu. The intel type is a document not a suitcase anymore. You can destroy a cache with explosives only.

Vehicles don't respawn but you can repair them in base. =BTC= logistic script is included, so you can lift wrecks.

1) how about a few different types of intel?

2) as long as vehicles can be made 'respawnable' - not everyone likes no respawn. :)

1) What do you suggest?

2)Well, it does respawn if you take it back to the base and repair it.

I'd like to add a new interaction with the population but i don't know how to do it (gameplay speaking). If you kill a civilian the reputation goes down, that's easy, but how to rise it?

To raise it you may may get a job from a town/civilians and/or liberate towns

You could reward player with reputation rise if they render first aid to injured civilians

Question is would it be the player or player group or side

I'd like to add a new interaction with the population but i don't know how to do it (gameplay speaking). If you kill a civilian the reputation goes down, that's easy, but how to rise it?

Just spitballing here:

Hearts and minds? A lot of things you could do there - have a small percentage of civs spawn slightly wounded, and healing them raises rep, "bribing" with food and water, repairing civ vehicles, even simple conversation. Maybe have a few "interpreter" player slots, the only ones able to raise rep through conversation, at a cost of being limited in what weapons/attachments are available to them. Also, clearing areas of insurgency should raise overall rep, at least near that area.

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 ----------

It should be mentioned that this mission requires A3MP/AllInArma (terrain is Takistan) and CAF Aggressors.

Yeah, i forgot it, sorry.

CAF Aggressors is optional.

If you have East vs West mods installed militia could use BTR,BRDM and M113 too

Edited by Giallustio

I mentioned it because, when I ran it without CAF_AG, the insurgents all killed each other.

Is the only way to clear an area of insurgent activity to destroy their hideout? And if so, how exactly should one go about that? Is there a particular object there that must be destroyed?

Also, the civs from nearby towns all rush the airbase. :Oo: Otherwise, looking great so far!

Probably i can't spawn A3 guerrilla as opfor, i'll look into it. The civs act weird, i know, but it's an A3 behaviour, i just gave to them a waypoint, so...

Place a satchel near the flag to destroy an hideout. An area could be held by the enemy even if there aren't hideouts.

The hideouts provide supports and reinforcements to the nearest cities. If a city is out of the range it won't get any support.

Generally rebels and suiciders are close to the hideout.

If there's an high enemy activity in the area probably there's an hideout somewhere.

What about performance?

I'll volunteer our group/server to test it out if you like. We are old hats at insurgency in A2 and have grown tired of it, some new ideas is exactly what this excellent coop game type needs.

PM me.

Gav

What about performance?

Seems fine so far, though I haven't been able to get an appreciable number of players involved yet. Lag at mission init seems workable, and I noticed occasional and very slight lags when moving across the map - I assume this was cached units being spawned, etc.

In the next update i'll try to improve the performance of the caching system a bit.

I've ready a basic system of reputation, but i've to create all the negative/positive effects!

Thanks Giallustio I'll hopefully have some feedback for you this weekend!!

that sounds really interesting like to try that out

can you make it with out any addons to ?

Will this insurgency have squares that will go green once they're cleared?

Probably i can't spawn A3 guerrilla as opfor

yes you can, they're in the vanilla game, just hidden from the editor.

Will this insurgency have squares that will go green once they're cleared?

No, there aren't

yes you can, they're in the vanilla game, just hidden from the editor.

Already fixed ty!

I'm working on the "ask" feature. I think that only the interpreter will be able to ask informations to the civilians. The answer you'll get depends on the global reputation you have.

Edited by Giallustio

Sounds great! Will this also have civilians? If so, how will they work/behave? Also, do you have a parameter to limit the amount of cached units that can be spawned in at a time? This could be useful for when groups try to spread out on a map.

Looking forward to this. :)

Yes! There are civilians. You can interact with them asking for informations and there's a level of reputation that influences their answer and their reactions (grab weapons againts players, call militia and so on).

I think i won't add a limit to the units in map.

I'd be interested in testing the mission for you if your still looking for testers :)

PM sent

Great thanks! Im pretty busy this afternoon but Ill get into it tonight for sure :D

Sorry had no time this weekend to test new version... anything in particular you want us to test for or just try and break something? ;)