warlord554

NATO/Russian AK SOPMOD Pack WIP

Damn you're doin optics and lasers for the pack too? This is goin to rock.

I wonder if anyone tried to work in a PEQ15/flashlight combo how we rock on our rifles most the times or if it was unworkable with the current engine? Have you explored that any out of curiosity?

Hope all is well bro and I'm lookin forward to the pack!

Hey boss! Yes I am currently exploring every limitation of the engine. I may be able to pull it off with scripted add actions. Which would include IR Laser, Flashlight, and Day Time Visible Red Laser. All in one unit. I could use help scripting it if anyone has time and skills. I also have gotten permission from Purple to use his stock script set for my folding stocks, so they will be used via add action instead of the usual "F" firemode button. May switch the bipods to this method too. Yea I have a few more optics and attachments up my sleeve brother ;)

Sweet man, looks like you are figuring it all out! I wish I knew how to script so I could help but learning the modeling is hard enough lol. Good luck, I look forward to the release!

These are looking even better. I'm not sure if it's too much work but maybe there can be a UBR stock on some of them (modified, of course):

TanUBR2.jpg

My personal feedback/preference is that the UBR stock looks amazing on anything.

@TheEvanCat

I'm always open to New ideas ;) It would probably look better on the sopmods rather than the spears. Let me see what I can come up, easily make it adjustable also

Hey bro. Hope all is well!

I will just leave this here ;)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/3c/Strike_Back_S04E01_059.jpg (342 kB)

Haha yes sir! All is good, working on the tedious process of updating all textures to higher quality, adding dust, scratches, etc. After this phase, and some quality standard testing. I'd say version 1.0 release will be ready :)

Awesome! If you need someone to test em, you know who'd jump on that!

Hey warlord, I know that you worked on this mod alot since some of those older screenshots, but some of them showing the vanilla Ak-74 looked pretty terrible :p

The gun looked weirdly out of proportion and just in general pretty bad, which is odd because your other stuff you had shown (The PMC AKs) and pretty much all the AKM stuff looked much better than that, so I wonder what was up with those models and if something had been up with the screenshots or, because I know you had made many subsequent posts about fixing up models (nothing specfic) if you had touched them up, because I want to use this pack but :confused: those plain AK74s were pretty ugly lol :cool:

Nice work dude, Keep it up

Hmmmm, I have addressed many of my own concerns regarding your complaint. Including the stock and mag, however I haven't really began full internal testing of the weapons as of yet. Care to be a bit more specific? There is lots that needs to be refined, and will definitely be updated down the road. Thanks for your feedback as I want everyone to enjoy this pack. :)

Feedback/Observations To Help You Megapost:

Wall of text incoming:

I am going to look for the picture, I will edit this post when I find it and tell you more specifically. I would like if you could also post a new pic of just the vanilla Ak-74 in case you made any changes. Prefferably a straight profile pic from the side, not like slanted/angled like the one below, also a nice large zoomed in one with a good res would be nice, since your other ones are pretty small its hard to tell some stuff.

Ok, first thing I just noticed

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/buldozer%202014-04-26%2002-50-04-01_zpsbrose2xe.jpg

Idk if its the angle, but the gun looks a little short and for some reason feels stubbyish

vs this :http://img3.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/EL-A106-1L.jpg

Its an airsoft one but the proportions look right

I think the handguard ( the whole thing the top part of it too) is kind of shifted upwards too much, and for some reason it feels like its maybe a bit short or somthing?

Look up images of the ak74 and look at the proportions, that is the part that I think looks off moreso.

I hope this helps, if you want more detailed info or somthing just ask, I tried to find a diagram of the ak74 fully marked up with lengths of everything but couldn't find one.

Good work, I hope this helps you improve it.

2nd edit:

I think that the overall proportions of the ak PMC one looked more, natural. I think that is a AKM of some type but just saying if that helps you get a mental picture.

Here check this pic out:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/66/Internal_Troops_of_the_Ministry_for_Internal_Affairs_%28Russia%29_%28494-28%29.jpg/1280px-Internal_Troops_of_the_Ministry_for_Internal_Affairs_%28Russia%29_%28494-28%29.jpg

A bit of that part where the sight is kind of goes over the top of the handguard top part thingy (lol idk the proper terms)

Also, kind of just look at the gas tubes and stuff near the muzzle, they seem to be a little longer then yours I think, you can probably judge that better doing a side by side with the model or somthing.

Edit 3:

I think the RPK74s midsection (the part where the actual metal parts are) could use a bit of lengthing

Yours: http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz99/boostedhardtsi34/Mobile%20Uploads/RPK74_zpskwffwolb.jpg

Real: https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.militaria.wz.cz%2Fak-47%2Frpk-74%2Frpk74big.jpg&f=1

Looks like real one is a bit longer

I think it has a bit more "blank metal space" near the back too, near the buttstock, yours on the back kind of looks a little smushed, I cant really tell from those small image sizes.

-Sub edit:

I think the bipod on the rpk 74 looks a bit too long too, imagine if you stretched it (folded) it out, it would be pretty damn tall, probably should be shorter.

So far the vast majority of problems are with the ak74/rpk74 series proportions, I think you ported or just modded off another model (prob the a2 vanilla) to get the AKMs, I could be wrong, but they look more proper.

( I just realized you do have some bit of metal going into the top where the sight is on the handguard, the texture is a bit shiny there, that part you have sticking up is a little high I think, also look on the pic of the Russian soldier, it appears to be slanted into the handguard, as opposed to totally rectangular)

If you want any other type of help (Testing or somthing) I would be glad to do so, you can drop me a PM if you like)

Edited by MikeTim
Tons of edits to clarify and add info as I went along

That's a much better detailed report :)

As for the overall weapon size, they all undergo extensive sizing next to the A2 samples, they are perfect matches as far as size. Are the BI samples true spec, not really. As of right now the only BI weapon model is the PK machinegun(this is a placeholder while I texture the non BI). I did not put near as much time into the standard variants, as I did the others. That's probably why they look better. I will look into the model specifications and compare to their RL counterparts, and adjust as needed before release. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback

Ok. Sounds good.

I would still like a screenshot of the ak74 profile from the side though please, so I can compare it to what you did before and hopefully be reassured that its better than last time I saw it.

Thank you.

Edit:

Also please, a untextured vs textured as well

Last time I saw it, it had a weird kind of crappy looking texture that might have thrown me off a bit in terms of looking at it properly.

Hey bro. Hope all is well!

I will just leave this here ;)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/3/3c/Strike_Back_S04E01_059.jpg (342 kB)

Just a heads up that's a picture of a VZ-58 Not an AK, if you didn't know, and I have been bugging warlord about adding the VZ-58 to the pack since its similar to the AK and fires the same ammo but has a short stroke gas piston, while the AK-47 has a long stroke gas piston. Also the VZ is a overall lighter package compared to the AK (now counts for something in arma). Also the VZ can put 800 rounds downrange in a minute compared to the AK's 600 rounds per minute. The gif and the video basically sum up the major differences in the two rifles. So WarLord554 could you please slip in a VZ for me, something like the VZ-58 MARS Rifle from Caledonian Classic Arms or a VZ-58 thats rocking the troy industries tacticool front handgaurd.

Animated%20AK47.gif

Troy-Industries_SRAI-VZ5-80BT-00_1.jpg

Edited by Volganator

Lol ya I know it's a VZ. Beautiful guns. I was hoping to inspire him as well lol. So, I'm glad I'm not alone in that area!

I never mind feedback or PMs from you guys. It's always nice to have fresh eyes on a project, and in the end I want the community to enjoy these weapons. :)

Regarding the VZ, well you guys clearly would like to see it. So I will be working on getting one in, with a modern RIS much like the pics.

I apologize for not updating the thread in a while, been very busy. However I continue to work on these weapons every chance I get. When testing begins, I'll get some better pics, and maybe a video showcasing current wip, sounds, etc.

I still haven't decided whether or not to include camo versions via hidden texture, or make them a standalone pack

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback :)

Hey warlord can you post a quick pic of the plain AK74 from the side.

I want to see if it looks different since last time I saw it and so i can get a fresh mental perspective.

Because my last mental image of your default AK74 was pretty bad so yeah.

Thanks.

Edit:

When the RHS Russian Forces mod comes out, please please please make a mag compatiblity pack so we can use their mags with your weapons.

:cool:

Because I would really like to use them together.

Yes I will work on some good pics for you buddy I know you've been patient :)

And yes as more mods emerge these weapons will be compatible with all available mags

No worries bro, I know you have a lot on your plate and I'm away from my pc for about a month myself transitioning out of the AF. Make your mod as you feel as it is your mod. I can only hope to inspire lol. Just know, this will be my primary weapon set when it's released!

Take care bro!

While your on this topic of guns...... AS Val anyone?

While your on this topic of guns...... AS Val anyone?

I have no plans on including one in the initial release, however I have gotten several requests for one, so I will work on including these variants in a future update. But, I have yet to unveil a smaller frame, underwater capable weapon that will be included in the first release. It will fill the void nicely ;)

@MikeTim

Best pic I could do ATM

buldozer%202014-06-21%2017-30-35-40_zpsmpvhe9kt.jpg

*Update*

Teaser of "weather" effects texture WIP

buldozer%202014-06-21%2017-30-27-80_zps7qttfr2j.jpg

US Special Operations 556 AK SOPMOD WIP (will contain several variants, including GL)

buldozer%202014-06-21%2017-19-31-75_zpsllf6eelu.jpg

Cool.

The textures are much better than I remembered/expected, which is a good thing.

AK handguard looks a bit square, but honestly I can't tell that well.

Weather textures look great.

I like the tactcool 556 ak, you said you wanted to do like foldable/rectractable stocks or somthing, is the one on that going to do that in some way?

Good work, the only problem I still see is that somthing feels square about that ak handguard. idk exactly why it feels that way. Its the bottom part I think.

That USSOCOM AK SOPMOD looks very American SF-y. Gonna love this pack to bits when its released, good work buddy!