Sign in to follow this  
RozekPoland

End of GameSpy

Someone should try to contact those GS server owners and ask them if they want to re-direct the hosting IP. :p

It seems GameSpy is still working. False alarm? :p

Nope its down for Arma 3 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

apperntly still active for Arma 2 though....

Wats the deal BI i thought that the GameSpy servers will close for all ArmA games at the same time.... or are they doing some kind of list that will take a year for all gamespy servers are down?

Well looks like GameSpy is now finally down so here's a practical 'guide' for those reading this who wish to keep playing online or maybe join anew.

Option 1 - download OFP Monitor

Here is a direct link to the latest version:

https://github.com/Poweruser/OFPMonitor/releases/download/1.7.1.3/OFPMonitor_v1.7.1.3.rar

Download this and put the content of the file into your

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ARMA Cold War Assault\

or

C:\Program Files\GOG.com\Arma Cold War Assault\

folder. Now double click on the OFPMonitor.exe and you will see a list of servers you may or may not join (depending on your version, running mod, server password) by right clicking on a server and pressing the "join > no mods" option. You have several other available options too which you may configure.

Option 2 - Download or make a 'hosts.exe' file

This option will give you the possibility to join online servers in the game itself by clicking the "LAN" option instead of the "Internet" option. However it is not the best option because only 16 servers can be displayed at once and you'll have to add new servers manually. For those wishing the simplest way to enable this I made two files with lists, one for 1.99 version and one for 1.96. Here they are:

Hosts.txt 1.99 version

Hosts.txt 1.96 version

Simply put the file into the same place you have your game installed and then click on 'LAN' option to see a list of servers that are online (including my own, which I host at times :p ). Alternatively, you can write your own hosts.txt file with the server ips you want.

The third option is 'direct connect' where you click on 'remote' and type in the server ip and port you wish to join. This is the less appealing option but one that works too.