Sign in to follow this  
BeefaloBart

Addon/modules for creating Alternate Game Mode Help.

I feel the need for having preset addons for individual portions of variables. Life based mods are becoming a popular thing and since the game doesnt currently have any of the parts needed, I would like to see something that will aid new developers to the platform to create new mods based on their preferences.

Example, a Project Im wanting to work on needs the following. Hunger, Eating, Dehydration, drinking. Those are the main ones that are common in popular mods, other popular mods use a bank system and payroll. Police functions like restraining, stuns, searches, tickets, prison, and so on. Bank and gas station robbery. Jobs like fishing, and foraging for things like apples to drugs. Licenses, and permits. All sorts of different aspects of game play that are not part of the vanilla game. However not every mod needs all of the above and some may want all. For the most part someone could just copy what they see on a server online and make some tweaks, but thats a simple form of piracy.

To facilitate this, I would like to see each of the basic functions like "Cop Mod" or Food, water, banking, paychecks, and so forth as seperate addons or modules or just mod folders that can be added simply to a map. I am new to scripting for this game, and dont have the time I would like to spend learning the ins and outs of scripting. I would just like to drag and drop folders in, then link them thru an init file to get them active. Im sure others would like this as well.

I try searching for scripts, and end up finding a ton of information on cheats, which I do not want to even see cheats much less use them.

I have even posted looking for someone willing to help create a program that would build an init file based on the examples above, and then copy the files needed into a new mod folder. This would be awesome.

I am starting on this project now, but most of what Im doing is learning and relearning to do visual basic to create a GUI that will let me insert premade scripts into and able to save a SQF file thats able to be seen in the mod.

Things are more complicated than that.

For instance, let's say someone releases a hunger/thirst addon : he would also need to set up a way to find food.

Shall he write his own loot spawn script to make it spawn in buildings à la DayZ? Or would he set up a trade system? What if none of those solutions satisfies the need of mission makers, or what if the mission maker already use his own spawn script?.

Not to mention that, either way, he'll need to create the consumable items : then again mission makers might want to use other items.

There's just so much things to tune when creating a mod, that it is simpler to design those scripts yourself.