Sign in to follow this  
Gunter Severloh

Character Loadout Customizer - (Paper Doll Gear menu & VAS-Virtual Ammobox Combined)

Character Loadout Customizer - (Paper Doll Gear menu & VAS-Virtual Ammobox Combined)

Hello Everyone!
I had built small mission that combines "Paper Doll" Gear Menu by Dslyecxi and Tonic's VAS - Virtual Ammobox System, so now you can access both and build,save your loadouts.
I had asked Rydygier for his help as i had worked with him alot in the past on other projects, so he basically did the coding to combine both,
Credits go to Dslyecxi and Tonic for their scripts,me i just built the mission, and am making available to the community.

I had seen a few folks with the idea, but never seen anything done about it, other then this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23456&highlight=PAPER%2BDOLL
But i wanted the Paper doll gear menu and VAS by itself, so here it is.

Download
Armaholic v1.1
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25116
Steam Workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241605280
Note: steam workshop is broke for this, I tried to update this and workshop broke it, so now my video, screenshots,
and download are gone :j: wtf Download from Armaholic.

Information(from the readme)

Install
=====

Move the Character Loadout Customizer pbo to your missions folder in your Arma3 directory, which would be located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Missions

Access the Character Customizer
=========================

You can access the customizer through the action menu while ingame.

Accessing VAS
===========

To access VAS, press escape on your keyboard while in the gear menu.

Views
=====

In the Loadout customizer you can change every aspect of your character, press the buttons Head, body, backpack, or weapon
on the bottem left to go to those views.

Loading an existing loadout
====================

To load an existing character loadout you will need to access VAS by pressing escape on your keyboard,
then choose a slot that has a title then press load, from there exit VAS and load the character customizer again.

Saving your loadouts
================

To Save your loadouts you will need to access VAS by pressing escape on your keyboard, then press save,
choose an empty slot, give it a name then press save.

Adding ammo
===========

The gear menu will not add ammo to your loadouts, you have to do that through VAS.

Adding the character loadout customizer to an ammobox
==========================================

If you want to add the Character customizer loadout to an ammo box then
in the init.sqf of the mission put ammo1 in the beginning and the end of the code replacing player, and be sure the ammo box itself (in the editor) is named ammo1
see code below
ammo1 addAction [("<t color=""#ffc600"">" + ("Character Customizer") + "</t>"),'dsl_gear_dialog.sqf',["paperdoll"],-100,true,false,'',"_target == ammo1"];

======
Warning
======

Adding the customizer to an ammobox, or other objects, or vehicles, will block the camera in some angles, best to have the character player unobstructed!

Credits
=======

-Dslyecxi for the Paper Doll Gear menu
-Tonic for VAS - Virtual Ammobox System
-Rydygier for the coding to combine both the gear menu & VAS
-Gunter Severloh - myself ;) for the mission editing & notes, and making this available to the community Edited by Gunter Severloh
updated page as 2 download links were broke, and added video

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

And I just thought of gathering myself up and finally doing it :) Thank you!

Would you release it on Steam?

Some of the uniforms don't appear in the list.

I think the easily solution to add the VAS option is to create an button on the paperdoll menu.

If you want, i had my proper interface for VAS : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5sanfuQW6MBMmwxNEV2emZsbm8/edit?usp=sharing

The only thing is missing in the vas since the begining was the option to show all the (objects, gun, ammo, other) directly with one button. Someone could help me to obtain this ?

Edited by GranolaBar

Foxhound, thank you for hosting the mission/script wasn't expecting that, wasn't really expecting much from the community tbh, just trying to do my part and help out where I can,

but this was something I wanted ever since I seen Dslyecxi's video and was working with Vas in my missions, just thought I'd post what I had done with Rydygier.

More Profiles slots for vas

Just a reminder and its not like anyone cant do this on their own but I had changed the default config code in vas to have 20 slots, default it is 10, so for those that wanted

more slots and have no idea about how to do it, I did it for you but for those that need to know or interested in knowing, go into the vas folder and look for the config.sqf

open it with notepad or armaedit and at the top look for this code

//Amount of save/load slots
[b]vas_customslots = 19;[/b] [color="#008000"]//9 is actually 10 slots, starts from 0 to whatever you set, so always remember when setting a number to minus by 1, i.e 12 will be 11.[/color]

Currently it says 19 but 19 is 20 slots, that what the mission here has, you can add more if you want them.

And I just thought of gathering myself up and finally doing it Thank you!

Your welcome, I was hoping someone would do it, but had an urge to go and do it.

Would you release it on Steam?

Suppose I could look into it. I never released anything through the workshop, how do you do it, theres a save to or at workshop option in the editor,

never really payed attention, but what happens when you save to the workshop? any info on this, maybe the ingame guide on the menu?

Some of the uniforms don't appear in the list.

Cant really help you there not something I would be able to fix it, i didn't build the gear menu, so i dont know how it access's the games uniforms,

and tbh I hadn't notice anything off, but in one way it does seem short if you compare it to the selection in the vas list.

maybe just use vas, and then use the gear menu so observe your character.

the gear menu and Vas work either way, you either use vas to load or save your loadouts, or create loadouts through vas and view them in the gear menu,

or customize through the gear menu, ect,. whatever combo works, but its easy to switch back and forth.

I think the easily solution to add the VAS option is to create an button on the paperdoll menu.

why when you can just press escape, its right there.

What i had in mind for the gear menu was to integrate the functions of vas into the paper doll gear menu, so for instance:

Save and load buttons

1. You would have Vas's save, and load feature/function as buttons (like on vas) already built on the gear menu itself, this way you can bypass the need to go to vas and save or load your character's loadout as atm you have to go to vas, and save, and or load, and after doing so, you have to close vas, and then re-access the paper doll gear menu, if we can add those functions, by putting the same setup.

idle animations/mouse move

2. The idle animations when your character is standing there, and your trying to see what your character is wearing or trying to add something,

but your guy is flailing all over the place, we need a guy thats not moving around, then eliminate the automatic rotation of the camera when hes standing there, and replace it withe a mouse over type function where you click on the screen and hold the mouse button down and move the camera around accordingly, it would be like a spectator view except you have the control, and the character would just turn in place, but the buttons them self at the bottom left already access those areas, personally I just rather remove the auto rotate of the camera.

If you want, i had my proper interface for VAS : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5s...it?usp=sharing

Looks ok, but personally I like vas layout the way it is, it already lists everything, and its compact and right there in the center right where you mouse will be most of the time

since your back and forth between each box.

This is good, thanks! :)

VAS is an amazing script and works so good it should be intergrated into ARMA3 (with the paperdoll coded in a good combo way for stock ammobox fiddling). The only thing that bugged me was that the VAS window was in the middle of the screen and non moveable (would been ok if it was in a corner and static as well), and that you cant turn the camera when testing gear. So theres a lot of opening it and adding something and then exit - repeat. This makes it a bit easier to see so thats great - great combo.

Your welcome.

The only thing that bugged me was that the VAS window was in the middle of the screen and non moveable

Ya I agree, but currently the setup with the coding is basically a transition from the gear menu to VAS, so its basically one view to the next, nothing really integrated,

maybe I will talk with Rydygier and see if we can expand on this more, he wants to teach me how to script, so maybe I will put aside my lack of enthusiasm, and laziness for it and learn a few things.

and that you cant turn the camera when testing gear.

I agree, this would be a nice function instead of the automatic camera rotation, this goes with the vanilla game itself when you are creating a profile on the menu of the game,

how the head is spinning/rotating, I rather do it myself.

the neat feature of the gear menu too is that you can change the character's actual face, i looked at it a bit but never really save it,

so dont know if you apply a new face if it actually saves, and or overrides the profile of the vanilla game profile that you setup.

So theres a lot of opening it and adding something and then exit - repeat.

I'm wondering if to fix this we could code it so that when you close vas that instead of exiting completely that you just transition back to the gear menu, or better yet have

it like you said where somehow vas dialogue can be movable, or even minimized like a window.

If you guys have ideas, please list them, as when i get inspired with something I usually find what it takes to make it happen, for me at least the big this is understanding the

gui functions and how I can add buttons, and move things around, and add features, I'd really like to make this better.

Heres a list of feature/functions that we could do with this:

From my previous post:

Save and load buttons

1. You would have Vas's save, and load feature/function as buttons (like on vas) already built on the gear menu itself, this way you can bypass the need to go to vas and save or load your character's loadout as atm you have to go to vas, and save, and or load, and after doing so, you have to close vas, and then re-access the paper doll gear menu, if we can add those functions, by putting the same setup.

idle animations/mouse move

2. The idle animations when your character is standing there, and your trying to see what your character is wearing or trying to add something,

but your guy is flailing all over the place, we need a guy thats not moving around, then eliminate the automatic rotation of the camera when hes standing there, and replace it withe a mouse over type function where you click on the screen and hold the mouse button down and move the camera around accordingly, it would be like a spectator view except you have the control, and the character would just turn in place, but the buttons them self at the bottom left already access those areas, personally I just rather remove the auto rotate of the camera.

3. Make vas window moveable, and or be able to minimize it like a window, maybe both?

all that comes to mind atm.

3. Make vas window moveable, and or be able to minimize it like a window, maybe both?

all that comes to mind atm.

The paper doll scripts puts the camera onto us. Is it possible to make so that when entering VAS the camera "flings" around and look at you while the VAS menu is in a corner? Maybe camera could be slightly from an angle so you see your face and can also see the backpack. The paper doll sliders etc is good, but not necessary if this would work. Obviously paper doll let you turn and twist so thats awesome too, but for a "lighter" version that would be good enough i think.

So, enter VAS, VAS menu comes up in a corner, camera (taken from paper doll script maybe) is set to face you from the front and slightly to the right or left so you can see part of the back as well. Just so you can see if a backpack look good or not.

Keep up the good work mate. Its appreciated. ;)

Well maybe it's my misunderstanding (99,99% change ;-)) but i don't get it to add this to a ammobox. I don't want it available during the complete mission. I know it's nice to create layouts for missions but it's also nice to use for players at the start of the mission. So i wanted to add it to a ammobox like VAS. I tried the option with giving the ammobox a name (ammobox1) and change the "_target == player"]; to "_target == ammobox1"]; in the init.sqf but that doesn't work. What do i miss here?

Hi,

I'm sorry need to add to the code in init.sqf add ammo1 addaction at the beginning and end so like this:

[b][color="#FF0000"]ammo1[/color][/b] addAction [("<t color=""#ffc600"">" + ("Character Customizer") + "</t>"),'dsl_gear_dialog.sqf',["paperdoll"],-100,true,false,'',"_target == [b][color="#FF0000"]ammo1[/color][/b]"];

basically put ammo1 in the beginning and the end of the code replacing player, and be sure the ammo box itself is named ammo1

as the ammo box will be the target object where the dialog will be added to vs the player.

Keep in mind ammo is just a name, you can name it whatever you want, just the name you use has to be in those spots.

Also note, when you add this to an ammo box, a type that is low to the ground your character will be looking towards the ground when you see

him in the frontal 3rd person view, if you use a large supply ammo box then the camera itself will be obstructed with the ammobox in view.

Updated the code in the first post.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Ok guys this is now also on the steam workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=241605280

updated the first post with added link under download.

Edited by Günter Severloh

Hi!

I got it working, it's a great script, but I was wondering how can I put this in my own mission? I don't know how, only file included in the download is that .pbo file which is the mission itself.

I don't know how to put it in my own custom mission. Plus do I have to have also the paper-doll and VAS separately or what? Plz help :D

Hi, The file in the download is a mission itself as you can see when you test it, you will need to unpbo the mission and copy

and paste all the files in the mission to your mission folder, except the mission.sqm itself.

Really depends on the mission, if you have a description.ext, and an init scripts in your mission, then you will need to take the codes from those scripts

and transfer them over to yours and paste them in the appropriate area.

If you wanted to add it to an ammo box in your mission then do the following:

1. copy all the files like said above except the mission.sqm

2. in the init.sqf of the mission put ammo1 (ammo1 is an example it could be any name you want)

in the beginning and the end of the code replacing player, and be sure the ammo box itself (in the editor) is named ammo1

see code below

ammo1 addAction [("<t color=""#ffc600"">" + ("Character Customizer") + "</t>"),'dsl_gear_dialog.sqf',["paperdoll"],-100,true,false,'',"_target == ammo1"];

does that answer your question?

I keep getting a "resource dsl_gear_dialog not found" error. I've extracted the missions parts from the .pbo and I am trying to implement them into my own created mission. Please advise.

Hi, one or three things is possibly happening,

1. Either you dont have the dsl_gear_dialog.sqf script in the main mission folder

2. you have not added the codes to the init script

3. you have not added the codes to the description.ext script

=============

Without knowing how your mission is setup or what your intentions are i really cannot advise you more then what info you have already given me,

so i ask are you trying to add the customizer to an ammo box or another object, or just the player in your mission?

Also is your mission sp or mp?

hope you don't mind , I added your tool to a message board ingame

330cvf9.jpg

making a mission now.

players wont get the menu unless there looking at board:bounce3:

Edited by Dr Death JM

Great job Dr Death JM, makes for another good option other then the player by themselves wit the code in the thier action menu, or even an ammobox.

Care to post a link to download the mission here, then i can update the first post with your version.

Great job Dr Death JM, makes for another good option other then the player by themselves wit the code in the thier action menu, or even an ammobox.

Care to post a link to download the mission here, then i can update the first post with your version.

I can send you a temp plate if thats what your asking? this mission im working on is going to take a week or so ...

Im almost ready to upload another mission tomorrow but it dosnt have this init...

ill post it up tomorrow (the temp). its 5 am for me now.

credit goes to ToxiqVipeZ , and a few others (like your self) Im learing a lot from you all..

http://binarybone.com/KaRR/Character_Loadout_Customizer.Altis.rar

thanks for sharing your work.

be for I forget , remember with this method don't need to be in front of sign, 10 ft or so and looking at ... :bounce3:

Edited by Dr Death JM
i desided to sty up and up load it to you...

Added your download link to the first post under download Dr Death JM, now folks will have the option to choose from a board versus an ammo box or just their action menu.

Welcome Kremator.

Added your download link to the first post under download Dr Death JM, now folks will have the option to choose from a board versus an ammo box or just their action menu.

Welcome Kremator.

cool!

maybe you know the answer to this, is there a way to open a pre made dialog , theres a menu I realy like (parts of it) from arma1 in the rts mission. or do I need to build it from scratch?

Dont really know, but what i would do is compare notes, if you see the code working in a mission, or in preview, and then look at the coding,

mess with the numbers and see what it does, from there you might get an idea of what can be changed, but tbh I really cant help you.

Hi, one or three things is possibly happening,

1. Either you dont have the dsl_gear_dialog.sqf script in the main mission folder

2. you have not added the codes to the init script

3. you have not added the codes to the description.ext script

=============

Without knowing how your mission is setup or what your intentions are i really cannot advise you more then what info you have already given me,

so i ask are you trying to add the customizer to an ammo box or another object, or just the player in your mission?

Also is your mission sp or mp?

Thanks! It was number 3 by the way.

Hi all,

First post here and I hope im in the right forum. I have downloaded LEA, VAS and dyslexi's Paperdoll...and now I'm using Günter Severloh's Paperdoll and VAS combo.

Paperdoll has a cool copy to clipboard function that allows me to capture the init function I would need for a player on a mission but it does not include the gear and ammo...

is there anyway that this combined program can "copy" everything that has been selected on the loadout (including ammo and geaar) to a clipboard??

Hi, i saw the addon have the slider for adjusting the weather, time, etc, will it affect the server during multiplayer?