jshock

Shock's Redressing Script

I love this script, works well! :thumbsup:

Glad you found it useful....now if only I can get it to work with things such as ALIVE, MCC, Zeus, and EOS......

Glad you found it useful....now if only I can get it to work with things such as ALIVE, MCC, Zeus, and EOS......

So I actually just had an issue with it. I made a mission, the opfor looked like insurgents in the mission editor and when I hosted a MP match. However just tonight we ran the mission on my dedicated server and the opfor, had the FIA guns, chest plates and head gear but not the fatigues, any ideas?

Double check that the classname is spelled correctly, if that wasn't the issue please copy the whole classname dependent section and share it here so I can check it as well.

I can confirm it works with EOS :)

While im here, is it possible to exclude units in order to custom kit them out directly in the units init with "remove all things / add other things option?

I can confirm it works with EOS :)

While im here, is it possible to exclude units in order to custom kit them out directly in the units init with "remove all things / add other things option?

Not at the current moment, I wouldn't think the exclusion portion would be hard, but the secondary "redress" for those units may be a little tougher, will look into it.

And if you wouldn't mind private messaging me or posting here exactly how to make it work properly with EOS because I have a lot of requests on how to make it work, and I've been just to busy to have the time to pull my brain around it.

Double check that the classname is spelled correctly, if that wasn't the issue please copy the whole classname dependent section and share it here so I can check it as well.

_backpackarr = ["B_FieldPack_cbr","B_OutdoorPack_tan"];
//		^-- Fill this with all the classnames of backpacks you would like to have chosen.

_weaponarr = ["LMG_Zafir_F","arifle_Mk20_F"];
//		^-- Fill this with the weapon classnames you would like to use.

_uniformarr = ["U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2","U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_leader"];
//		^-- Fill this with the uniform classnames you would like to use.

_headarr = ["H_Shemag_olive","H_ShemagOpen_khk","H_ShemagOpen_tan"];
//		^-- Fill this with the headgear classnames you would like to use.

_vestarr = [""];
//	    ^-- Fill this with the vest classnames you would like to use.

It was working fine until I uploaded it to the server.

Also here is video that I rendered out to test my render settings, but it also shows their skins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZYt4lUb_w8&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ChimaeraZone

It works out of the box, at least for me? simply calling:

null = [WEST, true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "scripts\jsere_Redress.sqf";

in the init

This is on stable release.

_backpackarr = ["B_FieldPack_cbr","B_OutdoorPack_tan"];
//		^-- Fill this with all the classnames of backpacks you would like to have chosen.

_weaponarr = ["LMG_Zafir_F","arifle_Mk20_F"];
//		^-- Fill this with the weapon classnames you would like to use.

_uniformarr = ["U_IG_Guerilla3_1","U_IG_Guerilla3_2","U_IG_Guerilla1_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_1","U_IG_Guerilla2_2","U_IG_Guerilla2_3","U_IG_leader"];
//		^-- Fill this with the uniform classnames you would like to use.

_headarr = ["H_Shemag_olive","H_ShemagOpen_khk","H_ShemagOpen_tan"];
//		^-- Fill this with the headgear classnames you would like to use.

_vestarr = [""];
//	    ^-- Fill this with the vest classnames you would like to use.

It was working fine until I uploaded it to the server.

Also here is video that I rendered out to test my render settings, but it also shows their skins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZYt4lUb_w8&feature=youtu.be

I just found out that the classnames were changed in the last update of Arma 3, please reference the link below and do a control find for "guerrilla" and you will find all of the smocks with their new classnames. I will be updating the script to reflect these changes here in the near future.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

---------- Post added at 04:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 ----------

It works out of the box, at least for me? simply calling:
null = [WEST, true, "HandGrenade", 3, "SmokeShell", 3] execVM "scripts\jsere_Redress.sqf";

in the init

This is on stable release.

Is that through the init.sqf or one of the init type files in EOS, because unless I'm just confused on how EOS works (I have never used it myself for a mission, but know it is used in insurgency) my script is a "one and done" not constantly updating for newly spawned units? But if it works when new units are spawned in through EOS, that's great, and thanks for the feedback!

Yes through init.sqf - im not sure either, but when i call the script like that and move into eos markers i see redressed units :)

Ok, well....that works....

I just found out that the classnames were changed in the last update of Arma 3, please reference the link below and do a control find for "guerrilla" and you will find all of the smocks with their new classnames. I will be updating the script to reflect these changes here in the near future.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

I looked it through and everything for the guerrilla smocks are the same as before. Does this script rely on some sort of local content that my server would not have?

I looked it through and everything for the guerrilla smocks are the same as before. Does this script rely on some sort of local content that my server would not have?

From what I saw all the classnames got "Item_" added to the front of them, my example for the script does not have this change. But yes all of the names are the same (being Guerilla Smocks 1), but the classnames are different (i.e. "Item_U_IG_Guerilla1_1).

Well I was finally able to sit down and look at this, I have the same issue popping up with the uniforms, but with the new classnames, except my units are "naked" with no uniform at all, which shows me that Bohemia must have changed how the uniforms are called on, unless I'm in the wrong, but it's such a weird issue because I have every other item working properly except the uniform....

Loving this script, works wonders. However, is there a way to make a player/group exempt from the script?

Loving this script, works wonders. However, is there a way to make a player/group exempt from the script?

Not at the moment, I have gotten another request for such a feature, I will look into it.

Well I was finally able to sit down and look at this, I have the same issue popping up with the uniforms, but with the new classnames, except my units are "naked" with no uniform at all, which shows me that Bohemia must have changed how the uniforms are called on, unless I'm in the wrong, but it's such a weird issue because I have every other item working properly except the uniform....

That is how it is for me.

****UPDATE****

Current Version - 1.17

Previous Version - 1.15

>> Fixed the uniform not being "redressed" issue.

*****Side note, the classnames on the Arma 3 Assets page do not work, at least through my testing, they will work if you take off "Item_" from each classname.

Edited by JShock

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (JShock) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I will be working on the limiting units feature, but the not getting redressed fully was more pressing.

Thanks for all your patience :ok:

Sorry I haven't had much activity recently, life is a pain at times ;) , I have started the task of separating out specific units and/or groups from being "redressed", but I've just been busy.

Any issues that have popped up after this last update?

It works as it should at this point, I believe. But IDK I've been staying away from Arma until all my mods get patched.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

And personally, I think if you made it so you could both make different loadouts per faction (UkSF, reg NATO, etc) would be equally as good, but it's whatever you want man.

It works as it should at this point, I believe. But IDK I've been staying away from Arma until all my mods get patched.

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

And personally, I think if you made it so you could both make different loadouts per faction (UkSF, reg NATO, etc) would be equally as good, but it's whatever you want man.

That could be reach by copying and pasting the script with a different name (i.e. jsere_redress2.sqf) and then change out the arrays as need for those loadouts, and do a separate call to the #2 script. Well and of course if I can sort out the separation of units, you could say this group gets this script call and that group gets another.