Sign in to follow this  
enad

Getting a helo to drop off a squad, then fly off.

Hello there.

I once knew how to do this, but alas, I have forgotten how.

Plus that was for ArmA 2, maybe it has changed by now.

I"m looking to start off a mission within a chopper that isn't part of my group, get dropped off and have the chopper fly off.

Thanks in advance.

Place a helo with the appropriate waypoints with ""transport unload"" as the drop off point then the ""move"" waypoint afterwards. Then in the desired squad units init put "this moveincargo HeloName"

That should work...

I am trying to create a Co-op mission where each player has control of an Infantry Squad in Low Command and a Helicopter in High Command. I want to be able to get into a Helicopter, Drop off Squad, Conduct Mission, the get back in the chopper to fly back to back and end mission.

I watched one of Jester814's tutorials and it seems all I should have to do is change the Helicopter Waypoint to Unload, but this does not seem to do anything.

If I use Get Out, the helicopter crew gets out and I can't get them back in because they are in High Command.

NVM just figured it out.

You need to give the squad the order to Disembark, and then the pilot will land and dismount them. One extra step since the tutorial.

Edited by Heibges
Found answer to quetion.

Loading Units

If you want to be able to pick up a specific group of units with a helicopter and drop them off, you'd have to give yourself waypoints to "Load" and "Transport/Unload" and for the squad create waypoints "Get In" (sync to your Load waypoint) and "Get Out" (sync to your Transport/Unload waypoint) You can probably get around it by using a trigger (grouped to your player unit, activation is "Vehicle") with On Activation commands:

"guy1 orderGetIn player1; guy2 orderGetIn player1; guy3 orderGetIn player1; guy4 orderGetIn player1;"

Unloading Units

For the landing/dropzone you probably could make a trigger (grouped to you, activation is "Vehicle") with an On Activation something like:

"doGetOut guy1; doGetOut guy2; doGetOut guy3; doGetOut guy4;"

Something along those lines might work.

Place a helo with the appropriate waypoints with ""transport unload"" as the drop off point then the ""move"" waypoint afterwards. Then in the desired squad units init put "this moveincargo HeloName"

That should work...

Thanks I'll try that, but I recall having to Synchronize two waypoints, is that still something I have to do and you just forgot or is it unnecessary?

Hello there.

I once knew how to do this, but alas, I have forgotten how.

Plus that was for ArmA 2, maybe it has changed by now.

I"m looking to start off a mission within a chopper that isn't part of my group, get dropped off and have the chopper fly off.

Thanks in advance.

This is simple version of what I use in some of my missions. The doors open before landing and close once the team disembarks. Heli should also wait for the team to disembark. Once you and your team disembark, move to the other heli waiting and board that heli and it will take off and fly away. That will show you how to make a heli wait for you team to board it. I use that method for some missions. Team starts in the base, can customize their loadouts at the ammo crates, then board heli when ready. Heli will take off once everyone in the group is aboard. I hope this helps.

Mission Example

Thanks I'll try that, but I recall having to Synchronize two waypoints, is that still something I have to do and you just forgot or is it unnecessary?

Sync the Infantry Get out with the helo unload