sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Thank you very much for informing us about the update :cool:

Updated alpha version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

There is no unit with m249 on this mod.

The M249, despite an in-service date of 1984, wasn't widely used until 1991, so after the cold war. There were some units with the weapon, but it wasn't common issue to every US unit. So it could be included but would need to be an early mk of the M249.

This is from 1988 - looks possibly like he's a Ranger or Airborne based on the tape at the top of his left shoulder.

OG107Aug88.jpg

So it's down to Sudden really.

Edited by mwnciboo

Special thanks to Sonsalt6 and Foxhound!!!

You guys do great stuff for the community!

For sure M249 and RPK-74 will be in the mod, but it's not my first priority at the moment, sorry!

The locking system on the planes was intended to be like that. As you know in real life there's no "locking", you have to select a target with a camera on the rocket and then the rocket will auto-guide itself to the target according to the image. So if you have 1000-1500m of visibility, you cannot use the AGMs or H29s. The 6 seconds lock period is a compromise between to make it hard for player and possible for AI to use the system. If you have 4-5km visibility, this weapon becomes lethal. :-)))

I'm not sure if 30mm can penetrate T72B in any place. Maybe the engine compartment only?

Sudden about the penetration stuff, ask damian90 he is very knowledgable about armour and tanks.

I have a 7km view, and i can't lock the target after come to 1k closer.

I realize in the HUD u has to move the target a little off the HUD to get lock, it's a bug our something ?

Thanks!

Current plans look like that:

Wired - guided AT launchers (to extend infantry AT capabilites to 1000m range): Metis, M47 Dragon (have to think how to make possible to fire those from prone position).

Rifle optics (Pso-1, Colt 20x4, NSPU, AN/PVS4),

Support vehicles,

Snipers (SVD, M21),

Helicopters (Mi-8, UH-60, Mi-24, A1-HW),

Static weapons and mobile artillery (GRAD, MLRS).

Maybe long range AA (~10 km) like Kub and HAWK to add some new objectives for missions and make life harder for the pilots. :-)))

But, no promises... :-)))

Good Sir , that sounds like a good plan... it would be nice to see more artillery (Howitzer and field guns)

M198 howitzer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M198_howitzer

M116 howitzer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M116_howitzer

or mortars:

M29 mortar http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M29_mortar

2B9 Vasilek http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2B9_Vasilek

Greetz ;)

sudden thanks for the answer! that is all i need to know! keep the good work! But if you keep like this arma 3 wont be playable without your mod! :)

hey sudden i became a failure message ingame "Sound hmg_127_mid not found" ...hope i could help.

hey sudden i became a failure message ingame "Sound hmg_127_mid not found" ...hope i could help.

Do you use JSRS?

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

I have a 7km view, and i can't lock the target after come to 1k closer.

I realize in the HUD u has to move the target a little off the HUD to get lock, it's a bug our something ?

Seems to be a bug. In my version you have to keep the target circle in HUD's boundaries for 6 seconds, that's all.

sudden there is no crosshair on the tanks or am i mission something?

And why don't you make a shortcut or install way that when start the game only shows up maps and your mod...no arma 3 stuff?

And why don't you make a shortcut or install way that when start the game only shows up maps and your mod...no arma 3 stuff?

People usually want to mix up vanilla content and other mods, but you can use A3's or other launchers, or even create your own short-cut, it would take less than 1 min.

Was the problem with ADS on turrets (e.g. M2) allowing thermals and night vision fixed? That's the only reason I refrain from using the humvee

---------- Post added at 02:44 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

Awesome work by the way sudden!

Love your work sudden! This on Chernarus is great. Except I can't find where the ALiVE classnames are listed?

I'm not sure if 30mm can penetrate T72B in any place. Maybe the engine compartment only?

I reckon it should shred the thing to pieces.

Do you use JSRS?

Yes !

Got it. I have taken the effect name from JSRS pdf, it seems to be corrupted. Will be fixed.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

sudden there is no crosshair on the tanks or am i mission something?

No crossairs, yes. :-)))

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Was the problem with ADS on turrets (e.g. M2) allowing thermals and night vision fixed? That's the only reason I refrain from using the humvee

---------- Post added at 02:44 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

Awesome work by the way sudden!

I didn't even know about the problem... what the problem is? You can switch thermal imaging from HUMMWV gunner's view?

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Love your work sudden! This on Chernarus is great. Except I can't find where the ALiVE classnames are listed?

Thanks.

Faction names are SUD_NATO and SUD_USSR.

Group names are standart from Arma3, except the prefix which would be SN for NATO and SU for USSR. F.i. SN_InfTeam_AT

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

fantastic work on su 25!

any plan for a stand alone version? (with all hidden selections) will be amazing ! i love this plane

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24633

Thanks. Making the HUD work was difficult! :-)

No, no standalone versions planned at the moment.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

I reckon it should shred the thing to pieces.

... and kill another T-72 with a ricochet! :-))

*Now compatible with J.R.R.S. and ALive mods

This makes me very happy sudden, I have been wanting to play with these with ALiVE for ages, thanks for making them compatible, adding these to the ALiVE wiki! :yay:

Edit, I got so excited I made some screenshots of them in ALiVE, I have adjusted some of our settings so ALiVE will support some of the vehicles for things like convoys / ambient vehicle placement. If you can get some transport helis in there sudden we can get air lift logistics going! Gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/azRLg

Edit: Added to wiki

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions#suddens_East_vs_West

Edited by ARJay

*Now compatible with J.R.R.S. and ALive mods

This makes me very happy sudden, I have been wanting to play with these with ALiVE for ages, thanks for making them compatible, adding these to the ALiVE wiki! :yay:

Edit, I got so excited I made some screenshots of them in ALiVE, I have adjusted some of our settings so ALiVE will support some of the vehicles for things like convoys / ambient vehicle placement. If you can get some transport helis in there sudden we can get air lift logistics going! Gallery:

http://imgur.com/a/azRLg

Wow, man! It is a real honour to have you here!

Honestly I'm guilty! I wasn't able to to play with your mod for a long time (was too busy making my own ;-))), but when I finally did the only thing I was wondering is why on Earth didn't I do this earlier!!! Alive is an amazing thing!!! Great job! I'm your fan! :-)))

Thanks for your feedback and screenshots!

P.S. Transport helicopters (Mi-8 and UH-60) are my next priority at the moment.

Edited by sudden

Wow, man! It is a real honour to have you here!

Honestly I'm guilty! I wasn't able to find the time to play with your mod for a long time (was too busy making my own ;-))), but when I finally did the only thing I was wondering is why on Earth didn't I do this earlier!!! Alive is an amazing thing!!! Great job! I'm your fan! :-)))

Thanks for your feedback and screenshots!

P.S. Transport helicopters (Mi-8 and UH-60) are my next priority at the moment.

No problem! Can't wait for the transport helis, that will be awesome, my dreams of ALiVE on chernarus with a full fledged alternate faction mod is coming true. BTW Ambient vehicle and convoy vehicle support will be in the 0.8 release - coming soon.

No problem! Can't wait for the transport helis, that will be awesome, my dreams of ALiVE on chernarus with a full fledged alternate faction mod is coming true. BTW Ambient vehicle and convoy vehicle support will be in the 0.8 release - coming soon.

Can't wait! :-))))

Could you please list the classes of all the units and weapons in the first post please? It would make the mission maker in me very very very happy! :)

Wait.. Imma idiot.. its in readme.txt. :-(

Edited by ligthert