Sign in to follow this  
Jarrrk

ArmA 2 OA Linux Server Version Incompatible

So I've spent the last two days trying to get an ArmA 2 CO linux server up and running.

My box is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit. I have gcc and ia32-libs installed with the server up and running. I've just tried connecting to the server but it requires 1.63 and I have 1.63, I've reinstalled the beta patch and ran ./tolower and still get the same problem.

Here's my basic directory view:

78muW.png

And here's my expansion folder:

78mzB.png

Do I have to use any extra params to launch the beta patch? Sorry if this is very vague I've been at this for days now and very tired.

Cheers!

Check the RPT file (on linux is just console output piped to a log, probably called "log.2302.txt" unless you have changed defaults) for what PBOs it is not finding when you connect. Post snippets here if you want me to check it over.

Post your "arma2oaserver" script. You have edited it to set paths right?

Problem could be path to beta, I always had to include param for it on my linux server (using the OTHERPARAMS var).

This was mine:

OTHERPARAMS="-beta=expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion -profiles=wasteland -name=wasteland -cfg=./wasteland/basic.cfg -cpucount=2 -maxMem=2047"

NOTE: you will need to remove the -profiles -name and -cfg params or change them to suit you current "player" profile dir name.