Hi. With latest version of RHS config addon, I'm still getting this:

C351434DDA433781ABAE626E446898CC2CA0FB95

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

Where disappear the author of this mod ? 

Umm Robalo owes you nothing !  You will wait like the rest of us !

Just now, kremator said:

Umm Robalo owes you nothing !  You will wait like the rest of us !

Rabalo should not, but you owes, how I can see ;  You have to explain this to me ... huh?  Thanks, without you I would not understand this

On 7/2/2017 at 5:39 PM, kremator said:

Get over yourself and stop being so touchy about it.  Didn't you see the :) at the end ? 

Didn't I say that it is all about accuracy of the grenades?  As you say it COULD be something that BIS has done at their end.

Ultimately either Robalo changes that or he doesn't.  Use or not use (as Yoda would say).

Heh. Telling me to get over myself and coming off pissy in response....hmm, someone should have put to use his own words of wisdom about not getting so touchy about what someone has to say in their post. :f: Granted my long-winded post could have given the impression of being super salty (perhaps I should have tossed in a few :)  at the end?). I tend to be one of those who inadvertently posts long posts even when I tell myself I'm not going to. It's like trying to hold in a giant fart, eventually it just finds a way out no matter how hard you try, lol.  ;) :p  <----  (just to show you I'm not as salty as you might think, I even did two different smilies)

Yes, I did see your point concerning accuracy. We can both agree on that, congrats. But also I've noticed an increase of frequency (i.e. spam) as well that is both sudden and more than what I typically have seen from AI using ASR up until now on our servers. One mission I played the other night, it was like every grenadier in the area fired at the same time. It wasn't a case of the usual shit your pants moments of hearing "Bloop! Bloop! Bloop! Boom, boom, boom!" but more like "Bl-bl-bl-bl-bloop! Boomboomboomboomboom!!!". Hard to explain (let alone type out sounds, heh), but regardless there was also a bit of an odd change in frequency as well that goes a bit beyond your very informative Grenade Use 101 insight. An oddity of sorts that so far only a few people randomly are encountering it seems, while the majority of ASR users have not--which stumps me even further as to what the hell could be doing it??? The only thing that changed was the Malden update, CBA update and ACE. The server/difficulty settings never changed or reverted or anything. So, the only things I can think of personally is either something with the ACE_AI or some sort of change BIS made recently with the update that for whatever reason, one or two people here and there are experiencing the weird increase in grenade rate in addition to the terminator-like accuracy. 

That's why I'm actually relieved to see one or two others who have mentioned also the sudden frequency increase compared to what people typically experience on their server with ASR running.  It appears to be a bit of a very rare anomaly that only a few people here are randomly seeing suddenly. It might just be one of those "ArmA things" that has no rhyme or reason to it happening. We all know ArmA is one of those games where it can run good one day and overnight suddenly start doing some really weird crap that stumps the hell out of people. Even so, I'll at least toss it out there to Robalo that, while even he himself has mentioned not noticing any weirdness in terms of frequency, there are a few out there that have suddenly noticed it with AI that is slightly increased beyond what you would normally expect from the AI that is making playing with AI suddenly less enjoyable and more teeth-grinding frustrating.

Human-like increase isn't an issue. This is more of "Ok something is wrong. It was literally not doing this last night." increase on the same exact missions with the same exact mods and settings running. Perhaps in time a few suggestions could be offered by Robalo to help those of us who are experiencing this weirdness. Only time and patience will tell. But hey, like I said. It's ArmA. It might end up behaving itself suddenly all on its own. ArmA and random weirdness seem to go hand-in-hand.

At any rate, I'm not going to keep derailing Robalo's thread with this little pissing contest. I'll keep experimenting and trying to figure things out, while patiently sitting back to see if some sort of remedy could be found to either of these "issues" in the future. If the accuracy aspect could be at least addressed with in a future patch, I'll be happy. The AI could grenade my ass until doomsday for all I care in that case as long as the AI stops perfectly landing every grenade between our feet or launching 40mm directly at our heads 100% of the time in our co-ops in the future. :smile_o::smile_o::smile_o::smile_o:

- Groups reduced to a 2 (configurable number) units after mission start will look for near friendly groups and merge with them. AI working as a team is a lot stronger then a bunch of separate units.

How can a player disable this feature? But, I do not know whether for this reason I am experiencing the following problem.

On the one side, the fact that AI joins the near allied groups is a good feature of the ASR mod, but on the other side, this feature breaks the mission.

Unfortunatelly, I constantly experience this problem...

For example, in my mission, I placed single snipers in different points of the map and gave them the specific patrol waypoints. As soon as the enemy detects my squad, within a 10-20 minutes, all the opponents from the whole map, grouped and attack me! All single units, ignore their waypoints and leave the assigned directions. This is not good, since the mission may require special routes for my opponents.

It would be nice, if @Robalo, made the joining of the enemy AI, only under certain conditions, namely, the AI that will join should take into account the current waypoint. For example, it would be logical to do thus:

1) Joining should occur ONLY if the group to which the single units join, will have current combat waypoints, namely - DESTROY, SEEK AND DESTROY, SUPPORT, GUARD.

2) Joining should occur ONLY if the small joined AI(1-2 units) has the same waypoints as the group to which the joining is made.

3) Joining not should occur, if the small joined AI(1-2 units) currently use such waypoints as MOVE, FOLLOW, GET IN, GET IN NEAREST, HOLD, JOIN, JOIN AND LEAD, LOAD, LOITER, SENTRY,  because this means, that the AI at this moment has personal orders and should not ignore them.

@Robalo, please consider this issue, because AI (small groups or single units) upon joining, ignore the current waypoints and leave the specified destination.

Take a look at the 1.0.0 patch notes. I thought that feature was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there's a way to prevent ASR AI from making the vanilla stamina system override the ACE system? I love ASR AI, but I would really like to use ACE's stamina system. 

@Robalo If there isn't a way to disable it in configs, could you fix this? Thanks.

Banshee

10 hours ago, Banshee1 said:

Anyone know if there's a way to prevent ASR AI from making the vanilla stamina system override the ACE system? I love ASR AI, but I would really like to use ACE's stamina system. 

@Robalo If there isn't a way to disable it in configs, could you fix this? Thanks.

Banshee

Yes, set the stamina option to "no change".

On 7/3/2017 at 1:20 PM, boberro said:

Hi. With latest version of RHS config addon, I'm still getting this:

C351434DDA433781ABAE626E446898CC2CA0FB95

Thanks for reporting, I'll fix that.

Other notes:

About the grenades, I still have yet to notice the spam but I admit to not having played a lot lately so I draw no conclusion yet. Could be interference with another mod, I don't know. Any mod that would change the weapon fire modes and range probabilities for AI would conflict with my settings. In any case, I've prepared some config changes that will add a bit of a delay between the grenade shots for AI, and also reduce their accuracy.

On the  leader going ahead of the group issue, I'd like to fix but as previously said, need help pinpointing which feature has effect on this if any. Is it the cover thing ? I wish I had more time to debug and work on it.

• Like 4

On the  leader going ahead of the group issue, I'd like to fix but as previously said, need help pinpointing which feature has effect on this if any. Is it the cover thing ? I wish I had more time to debug and work on it.

I'm glad you want to take care of this. That, the groups ignoring HOLD waypoints and the grenade spamming caused us to stop using ASR AI...

Unfortunately, we were not able to isolate the feature that cause it.

6 hours ago, Robalo said:

Yes, set the stamina option to "no change".

Yes, I see that as per version 1.1.0, there should be an in-game option to disable stamina. However, I am not seeing that.

Screenshots of my settings:

http://imgur.com/a/m7Bb5

Is this a bug, or am I looking in the wrong place?

I am using the version through the steam workshop, which should be current to 1.1.1.

7 hours ago, Robalo said:

the other group members fears the opponent more than enough which is why they think about taking cover on almost every situation , broadcasting infos between groups seems to be part of the party especially when suppressed by enemy fire they really really stop doing everything and drop it to their leader even mechanized units stops in the middle of the way if they heard a gun shot from exactly 400m away the AI group members need more balls i think, sometimes they even leave their waypoint searching to do something else while they have duty in the battlefield please Robalo consider fixing this ASAP 

On 7/7/2017 at 7:00 PM, Variable said:

I'm glad you want to take care of this. That, the groups ignoring HOLD waypoints and the grenade spamming caused us to stop using ASR AI...

Unfortunately, we were not able to isolate the feature that cause it.

HOLD waypoints should not be ignored, I have specifically implemented a condition for that in a previous release.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:16 PM, Banshee1 said:

Yes, I see that as per version 1.1.0, there should be an in-game option to disable stamina. However, I am not seeing that.

Screenshots of my settings:

http://imgur.com/a/m7Bb5

Is this a bug, or am I looking in the wrong place?

I am using the version through the steam workshop, which should be current to 1.1.1.

Looks like old version to me, make sure both server and client are up to date.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:41 AM, cpt.ghost said:

the other group members fears the opponent more than enough which is why they think about taking cover on almost every situation , broadcasting infos between groups seems to be part of the party especially when suppressed by enemy fire they really really stop doing everything and drop it to their leader even mechanized units stops in the middle of the way if they heard a gun shot from exactly 400m away the AI group members need more balls i think, sometimes they even leave their waypoint searching to do something else while they have duty in the battlefield please Robalo consider fixing this ASAP 

Not being able to put my finger on what's causing it, I can't really fix this. I suspect it's an effect of the increased awareness. On vanilla, groups that are very close to a firefight are oblivious and totally ignore what's going on around them if they're not directly engaged. Previous releases I began to make compromises for this, reducing awareness in favor of more vanilla like obedience. I could tweak that a little further in next update if it proves beneficial in that regard, at the risk of them seeming to have had their brain shut down at times.

• Like 2

Oh and I almost forgot, another quick update, v1.1.2 available.

Reduces grenade spam and accuracy, keeps units closer to their lead when running for cover and bumps generic skills in userconfig.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

Not being able to put my finger on what's causing it, I can't really fix this. I suspect it's an effect of the increased awareness. On vanilla, groups that are very close to a firefight are oblivious and totally ignore what's going on around them if they're not directly engaged. Previous releases I began to make compromises for this, reducing awareness in favor of more vanilla like obedience. I could tweak that a little further in next update if it proves beneficial in that regard, at the risk of them seeming to have had their brain shut down at times.

i wish i could help you but my scripting skills sucks as hell and i hope you tell me how to decrease the AI awareness in your mod so i can try my tricks 

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

HOLD waypoints should not be ignored, I have specifically implemented a condition for that in a previous release.

I *think* it might be AI reaction to grenades and other heavy-caliber fire. AFAIR (I peeked into your code at one point in an attempt to find out what is happening) you "upscale" hearing of heavier ordnance .

The only way for AI to break a HOLD waypoint AFAIK is gaining enough knowledge of an enemy, and thus if they "hear" the grenades they might gain enough knowledge for the team leader to order them to engage.

It's really hard to determine, and we have conducted "clean-room" experiments where behavior was fine. It might be that they accumulate knowledge over time or that they gain it from what the SIDE knows, I am really not sure, but I do think that they gain konwledge of enemies even when they are pretty far away (> 1km)

• Like 2

On 28.06.2017 at 7:37 PM, mickeymen said:

For reasons unknown to me, the settings have no effect on my game

For example The setting "Soldiers fall when hit"  - has no obvious effect. I switch off this, but the soldiers continued to fall, as they were not in vanilla. Or when I enable "Stamina system on AI in players group", I see that the AI does not get tired in the player's squad. Do you know why settings can not affect the game? 

Hello users. Please tell me, does anyone else experience this problem the same way?  Already in the third version of ASR mod, I can not activate a stamina system in a squad from a player. How player can activate a mod settings and turn off this cheating ability?  In general, I can not understand why it was added, because all opponents have fatigue system.

13 hours ago, Robalo said:

Looks like old version to me, make sure both server and client are up to date.

I tracked down the problem. I'm running Pooter's Enhanced ASR AI, and that's overwriting the settings. I believe that will no longer be a problem with the next version of Pooter's enhancement, but if the problem persists for anyone else, I found a rather ugly fix using this mod:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=632435682

Thanks to Robalo and Pooter for their help in solving this.

Simple mod which executes "player enableStamina false" each second. Useful when you play CO-OP missions which require a lot of running.

I can not imagine Arma  without a stamina/fatigue systems. This is already not Arma. For me, this is a bad decision.

It is also not clear why the author of ASR uses the disabled fatigue in the player's squad by default. As it seems to me it should be vice versa. The disabling option should be an affordable option for all who wish this. Does anyone know how I can activate a stamina in my squad?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

I can not imagine Arma  without a stamina/fatigue systems. This is already not Arma. For me, this is a bad decision.

It is also not clear why the author of ASR uses the disabled fatigue in the player's squad by default. As it seems to me it should be vice versa. The disabling option should be an affordable option for all who wish this. Does anyone know how I can activate a stamina in my squad?

Seems you're confused about this feature. This mod has never disabled stamina on players. What it does is disable stamina for AI in player's group and keeps track of teamswitch so when you enter the AI's body you get stamina re-enabled.

Also you can already configure this in settings to your liking, even disable all the stamina code by setting it to "No change".

Why was this feature added ? Because stamina on AI was broken. My AI team-mate would fall behind me by miles while carrying only a SMG with a couple mags due to stamina.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robalo said:

Seems you're confused about this feature. This mod has never disabled stamina on players. What it does is disable stamina for AI in player's group and keeps track of teamswitch so when you enter the AI's body you get stamina re-enabled.

Thanks for the answer. Yes that's quite right, I was confused by this. But I still can not understand why this is necessary? If the AI in the player's squad does not have Stamina, can this improve AI somehow? In addition to the fact that we do not have fair gameplay in relation to the all opponents (because all opponents have stamina) , it only allows all members of the player's squad to run far ahead. (if player is not commander)  There are no more advantages. 

1 hour ago, Robalo said:

Also you can already configure this in settings to your liking, even disable all the stamina code by setting it to "No change".

In the settings of - Stamina system of AI in player`s group, users has a three settings - Disable, Enable, No Changes.I can not understand the difference between - "Enable" and "No Changes" ?  Before, I tried to activate a stamina in the player's squad using only the - "Enable" option, but it did not work. But today I used also the check-box "Owervrite Mission" and noticed that the stamina appeared in the player's squad!  Please explain how your settings work?  What is the difference between "Enable" and "No Changes"?  And for what exactly is used - "Owervrite Mission"?

Also my humble opinion is this: if you make use of the stamina in the default player squad, then it would be more logical.

1 hour ago, Robalo said:

Why was this feature added ? Because stamina on AI was broken. My AI team-mate would fall behind me by miles while carrying only a SMG with a couple mags due to stamina.

AI in the player squad, will always fall behind (if player is commander), even with the stamina turned off. This problem annoyed me with the release of 2013, but as seems to me, the reason is different. AI will lag behind the commander, usually only when he switched to a danger mode. Probably in this way, the BIS implement the caution in artificial intelligence. Before, I created numerous reports and suggestions on feedback, but of course AI almost interests developers. They are as always busy with the next DLC. 

Robalo, how do you think, It is possible to force the AI to accelerate movement to the player, if the player is more than once uses the command " Return to formation"? 

For example, If AI far is behind of player and this player calls his subordinates back to to formation, more than one time (within X second), then the subordinate AI,  should turn off the FSM for a short time and run to the commander. The FSM disable must be short-lived. This should help the AI to be faster, as it will disable caution. Thus only one order -" return to the formation", will mean only the status of subordinates - in formation, the next order " return to the formation" should make AI accelerate to the player. Is this possible? Or bad solution?