21 minutes ago, Robalo said:

- (mod) incognito mode disabled by default. Enable at your own (mission incompatibility) risk.

Or is it enough to download the latest version? @Robalo you have considered the problem (in the version 1.1.1)  with BLUFOR triggers? In version 1.0, in the add-on settings, I tried to disable the incognito mode, but this did not solve this problem

1 hour ago, mickeymen said:

I am experiencing the same problems. Which exact file should be deleted? asr_ai3_incognito.pbo ?

Yes that's the one

3 hours ago, mickeymen said:

I am experiencing the same problems. Which exact file should be deleted? asr_ai3_incognito.pbo ?

No longer required since 1.1.1 where incognito is disabled by default.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:03 AM, sammael said:

can you please add option to disable AI granade throwing ?

Not possible. I hardly see them do it anyway. I use more nades myself than all AI together in a mission :)

On 6/25/2017 at 7:39 PM, faithnall said:

In Front, i love ASR_AI No round without this nice AI mod, good job! Where can i Pledge?

Some Questens to the Skill Settings on Server.

In the Old version i can setup the Range, whre the AI starte to counter Attacks.

Fount in asr_ai_settings.sqf

asr_ai3_main_AD_OUTSIDE= ___;

With the new Settings i can not set this Value.

At the in game Settings (loged in as Admin config/Addons/Server) there is no Setting for this.

In the past i have set the Range to counter at 650m So how can i set this up?

The Value inside the asr_ai_config.sqf is not helpful.  (not the right words, for me they are very abstruse)

What is the difference between general and spotting? (aiming sounds logical, i thing this means who good the AI shoot and hit)

What means the Value between  0.00 - 1 means what?

Percent?  0.8 = 80% chance of spotting? Whats about Ranges ? 80% spotting chance at a target in 5 Miles distance is heavy... but 80% Spotting chance for a target in 2 ft. is a joke :)

Sorry for me Question, I try to understand how to set up a good balanced AI on my dedicated Server. Ai that spots and shoot god, but not goodlike.

I try the search engine inside the Topic, but i the search engine seems to be broken, because it does not find anything (try to search for doStop, there are some posts in the Topic but will not be found....)

So i read this topic backwards some sides but can not find a good Answer.

Thanks for your Work and your help.

PS.: Sry, english is not my main Language, but i hope You can understood.

asr_ai3_main_AD_OUTSIDE hasn't been an option ever. Perhaps you are using a modified version of ASR AI. Range to counter doesn't sound familiar either.

For skill settings:

"general" changes: "courage","commanding"

"aiming" changes: "aimingAccuracy","aimingShake","aimingSpeed"

"spotting" changes: "spotDistance","spotTime"

Values there aro not final, they're interpolated with the custom CfgAISkill config values and your in-game settings.

You can read more about the subskills and how all the settings are taken into account on the biki page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

On 6/25/2017 at 5:28 PM, CptDezusa said:

Hi so i still getting signature Wrong version on the mod, im running the new version, but its showing red on ASR_ai_3 and the cba is green ? In the ingame lunser box

I think having too many mods loaded might have something to do with it. Otherwise just make sure you have the asrai3.bikey file into your server's keys directory.

On 6/23/2017 at 0:16 AM, slowrider8 said:

The optional RHS configs are missing the asr_ai3_rhs_xx_camo_c.pbos, I had to use the old ones as any missions made before the update could not be played due to those missing addons.

Also, do you think whatever Incognito is could be disabled by default? It sets the player to civilian and breaks any missions with triggers for a certain side, I don't want to have to explain to all of my members who make missions that they have to go into their addon options to disable something that wasn't there before just so they could test their missions properly in the editor. 

Pbo's weren't really missing, but consolidated. I should've kept the CfgPatches classes in for compatibility. Fixed that, get the new configs from end of first post. And you were right, Incognito is now opt-in to avoid breaking stuff by default.

38 minutes ago, Robalo said:

Not possible. I hardly see them do it anyway. I use more nades myself than all AI together in a mission :)

I'm so tired of AI Smoke granade spaming:sad_o:

3 hours ago, sammael said:

I'm so tired of AI Smoke granade spaming:sad_o:

Come on, what kind of motivation is this ?

I like that AI is using smoke.

every unit in game become specops member. Even a poor rebel with AK 74 from project opfor spam 2-3 smoke granade

Smoke is a all soldier thing to day , nothing SOF about it.

its not the 80 eny more:)

5 hours ago, Robalo said:

Y'know that's what I'm experiencing on our server running ASR. A lot....and I mean a LOT of grenade spam. I'm wondering if the new BIS update did something screwy, because everything worked better until the free dlc update and now we're once again getting headshotted by opfor firing a single round while going prone, and grenade spam--which in itself isn't too terrible of an issue, but they never miss unless they try to get a frag through the window into the building we're hiding in from all the grenade spam, haha. Someone fire's a shot, and suddenly any ai nearby start chucking frag's at you at the same time. I can't help but wonder if something somehow changed. We especially saw this in those Malden missions. It's raining grenades in those damn missions. I can now officially tell you what a 40mm looks like coming at your nose full speed, lol.

During the next few days, I'm going to test ASR on another server to see if it's the same thing, just to make double sure.

7 hours ago, Robalo said:

No longer required since 1.1.1 where incognito is disabled by default.

Thanks, now the problem with BLUFOR triggers resolved.

I noticed one small issue. For reasons unknown to me, the settings have no effect on my game

For example The setting "Soldiers fall when hit"  - has no obvious effect. I switch off this, but the soldiers continued to fall, as they were not in vanilla. Or when I enable "Stamina system on AI in players group", I see that the AI does not get tired in the player's squad. Do you know why settings can not affect the game? 

@Robalo I like how the AI uses grenades and UGL in the ASR AI mod. It's just Christmas for the player!

In vanilla AI, grenade attacks was almost not noticeable, but in your mod the AI is more dangerous, thanks to this feature, but I would like to ask you.

Could you make it so, that the AI also used the launchers against infantry (Anti-Personnel munition)?

Of course I mean Anti-Personnel missiles/rockets in the game. I haven't seen this feature before in any AI mod. I not undersand why, It's hard to do? It would be great to see how the AI is attacking enemy infantry with Anti-Personnel missiles or rockets (by means RPG-42, Titian-Launchers ). At least then the AI would not be around, this is a useless burden in their backpacks...

Also AI gunners do not use Anti-Personnel munition, while in tanks, but however this issue is secondary.

Also I'd like to know What settings you use for the of AI in the game settings? I use skills - 0.85 and precision - 0.55 and I noticed that with your mod, AI-enemies shooting at me get into me, much less often. What are your tips in the those settings?

• Like 2

@Robalo

2 things i want to report one of them i would die to see it in your AI mod

1- squad leaders always go deep in firefights and his soldiers stay behind in combat mode! can you please solve this?

2- the AI AT soldiers wont use AT launchers against any light armored vehicles like Humvees or Mraps , but they do use their AT launchers perfectly against IFVs , APCs , Tanks please add this feature 

• Like 1

squad leaders always go deep in firefights and his soldiers stay behind in combat mode! can you please solve this?

Can confirm this issue. I hope this issue will solved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cpt.ghost said:

@Robalo

1- squad leaders always go deep in firefights and his soldiers stay behind in combat mode! can you please solve this?

I wonder if there would be a way to force the squads to use Vee formation instead of wedge as their default? This would put the squad leader as the furthest back in the formation instead of always on point.

10 hours ago, sputnik monroe said:

I wonder if there would be a way to force the squads to use Vee formation instead of wedge as their default? This would put the squad leader as the furthest back in the formation instead of always on point.

this will be useful in open combat , but in CQBs this wont be good

• Like 1

The 'standard' ArmA formations do not reflect best-practice military protocols. Where is the 'box' formation? Where is the 'all-round defense' as developed by UK forces?

I have some preliminary alternate formations, but a combination of illness and the broken STEAM client preclude any early completion.

• Like 1

My God, how I love this mod! I can not go through my missions again, because the enemy AI breaks me in the most unpredictable ways! Now I even fear the enemy, because he is really dangerous. :evil: This is definitely the best AI mod for Arma3!

Only small issues that I noticed:

1) Sometimes AI aims at the empty sky, when there are no enemy air-vehicles in general. Or he aims much higher targets, even in those moments when he has a real target.  In this example my subordinate AI, gets target, reports - "ready to fire", But is aimed significantly higher than the current target

2. AI good uses hand grenades, but several times I noticed that my subordinates AI, throws grenades, even at the "Hold Fire" mode.

3. I tried to work with the settings, (I turned on the fatigue for the player's squad and turned off the falling of soldiers, when bullets hit) however there is no effect. There are no obvious changes.

4. In some cases, the AI commander in the squad runs away too far (if the maximum speed is set in the waypoint settings), breaking the formation. At this momments is noticeable, that this AI-commander  of players squad does not have fatigue (probably this is the reason of problem). I think this problem has already been mentioned several times before, by other users

We also experienced grenade spamming, and also experienced AI team leader staying waaay at the back.
The second is an old age issue with ASR AI, we reported it in the past. Any chance you can look into it again Robalo?

• Like 2

I too would argue the ai use grenades excessively. Especially 40mm UGL. They will use it before anything else and will use all of their 40mm ammo before they ever fire a round at an enemy. Even a config where we could adjust it a bit would be amazing. 

Didn't there used to be a config where you could change the enemy hearing range? I find they hear gunshots-even suppressed from a very long way off now. It tends to cause issues in stealth missions or missions with several objectives within one or two kilometers of each other. Once the enemies at one objective hear the gunfight at another, they all come running to the fight.

• Like 4

I'm sorry guys but you DO realise that using the 40mm or handgrenade is a perfect tactic and I am glad to see it. What you will be complaining about is the accuracy of the grenades. That is different. 

So why would you use a 40mm in the first instance? Because troops are all clustered and not spread out on the battlefield..... Guess what? You either aren't commanding properly or the AI are too close in formation (also potentially your fault). 

In CQB using grenades is also preferred! Why expose yourself to hostile gunfire if you can lob a grenade in? Again, start to think smarter and adapt. 

If someone comes attacking my position I will throw /launch everything at them..... And so should the AI. 

Stop asking for easy mode :) 

• Like 4

I did have some time testing it out yesterday and it's working really good thanks for your nice mod. 

1 hour ago, kremator said:

I'm sorry guys but you DO realise that using the 40mm or handgrenade is a perfect tactic and I am glad to see it. What you will be complaining about is the accuracy of the grenades. That is different. 

So why would you use a 40mm in the first instance? Because troops are all clustered and not spread out on the battlefield..... Guess what? You either aren't commanding properly or the AI are too close in formation (also potentially your fault). 

In CQB using grenades is also preferred! Why expose yourself to hostile gunfire if you can lob a grenade in? Again, start to think smarter and adapt. 

If someone comes attacking my position I will throw /launch everything at them..... And so should the AI. 

I agree. What needs changing is first and foremost the incredible AI accuracy on the first shot with 40mm and hand grenades.

• Like 1

No one is asking for easy mode...

It's not about "easy mode" or because people just want everything easy and without a challenge--which to be honest comes off a teeny tiny bit condescending. Just because you might not be experiencing some of their weird behavior some of us are experiencing and trying to figure out, it's a bit disappointing to see it just get written it off as we all just want everything "easy mode".   :face_palm:

I play with the Casual ArmA group, and our "leader" is a bit of a masochist, especially as Zeus, lol, so trust me I am far from merely wanting to live on easy street with dumb as bricks ai so I can feel better about myself or something stupid like that. Also my preferred role is Grenadier, so when I get 40mm'ed in the head back by a pissed off aggressive opfor grenadier, it almost makes me smile in a twisted sort of way. I have absolutely no issues with being challenged by tough ai and skilled grenadier's. But this recent shift is a totally different beast all together that we are experiencing and what I posted about. A type of behavior and extreme accuracy we've not had to deal with on our servers for ages (because up until now ASR fixed the unfun and often times terminator bullshittery of ArmA's vanilla AI and brought back the enjoyment of playing ArmA 3 with almost human-like AI).

I think it's a safe assumption that many of us here playing ArmA understand the whole mentality behind grenades and 40mm and making use of it. That's a non-issue here. What is an issue is that some of us finding suddenly that you're going to get spammed with super, super accurate grenades that happen to land near your feet without a single miss, for one thing. Something perhaps that some of us have not experienced until recently when playing with ASR running. I've seen first hand splitting up into groups of 2 or 3 guys going in different directions to get into buildings getting instantly taken out with just grenades. Even now AI seem to rarely use smokes anymore, now it's 98% all frag. I've seen a group or two of AI turn towards a building and take turns to throw frags against the walls and windows of the buildings our guys are hiding inside of because someone upstairs fired a single shot. Kind of hilarious on one hand, but something we've not experienced to such an extend until recently.

Again, making use of grenades are not the issue--in fact I was one of those weirdo's that absolutely loved in A2 OA on Takistan having OPFOR chuck rpg's at buildings we were either inside of or missing and hitting surrounding buildings to let us know they know we're there, or over our heads up in the mountains, haha. But the sudden god-like accuracy of the things being tossed at the moment is just making ArmA feel less fun and more of a headache again like it was before ASR fixed the AI. Which is why I'm wondering if something somewhere since the update is letting ASR kick in to an extent, and then shoving it off to the side to go ham with the insanely accurate spamfest.

Again, something at least myself and my group I play with have not experienced until right around when Malden released and things got updated. We've died to many a poor decision and grenades in the past, and gladly accepted it with smiles and laughs. It was exciting and often times hilarious, but this? This.....is something all together different and giving us the impression ASR isn't fully working for us and our AI like it was before the Malden update. I can't explain it. I really wish I could. Things just feel.......weird. I do wonder though, since we use also ACE, could maybe something have changed recently (ace_ai) that is sort of muscling into ASR's territory so to speak and causing some of this weirdness at all? Could that be?

Ugh, I dunno....like I said, I wish I could explain it. All I know is, it feels like overnight something changed somehow to the point that the AI are just mortaring us with accurate as hell spam that never miss at all. Before this "weird shift", we had AI make us crap our pants with grenades, but many times miss us and start to hone into our positions. You know, the whole human-like "room for error" since even the best trained guy in a real battle is never 100% accurate 100% of the time? The ai up until now kept us crapping ourselves and kept us on our toes. But now, it's just a slaughter-fest with grenades, period. That's why at least myself (and I'm sure the others aside from me who also have not experienced this until now suddenly) made the effort to post here to try getting to the bottom of "why" this could possibly be happening suddenly. So please next time try not writing us all off as merely lazy players who just want everything handed to us via easy mode with no challenge. Something weird is going on for some of us, and we're just trying to scratch our heads and figure out what could be possibly causing this sudden shift.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I too would argue the ai use grenades excessively. Especially 40mm UGL. They will use it before anything else and will use all of their 40mm ammo before they ever fire a round at an enemy. Even a config where we could adjust it a bit would be amazing. 

Exuse me, but I disagree with this. The use of grenades is an advantage, especially in close combat, when the distance to the enemy is < 35-45 m. If AI uses advantage, it becomes more dangerous.

16 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I find they hear gunshots-even suppressed from a very long way off now. It tends to cause issues in stealth missions or missions with several objectives within one or two kilometers of each other. Once the enemies at one objective hear the gunfight at another, they all come running to the fight.

Agree. I retried the several tests and fired with sound supressor (single shots at intervals of 5-10 seconds, with Rahim-rifle) from a distance of > 500 m into the enemy AI unit. With about 3-5 shots, always AI immediately detected me. Another problem is that when AI(individual units 1-2 AI) is joined to the one allied group and running to the enemy, he ignores his current waypoints.

6 hours ago, kremator said:

I completely agree.  @Robalo Please reduce the accuracy when firing from UGL.  I use the precision of AI in the settings of the game 0.55 and I notice that the AI hits me almost from the UGL, as well as when firing from the main weapon. Most likely the multiplier for hit from the UGL should be less, in comparison with the main weapon.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, yokhanan said:

No one is asking for easy mode...

/snip blah blah

Get over yourself and stop being so touchy about it.  Didn't you see the :) at the end ? 

Didn't I say that it is all about accuracy of the grenades?  As you say it COULD be something that BIS has done at their end.

Ultimately either Robalo changes that or he doesn't.  Use or not use (as Yoda would say).

• Like 1