Are there modules that I must place in the editor for this?

I've got the addon folder where it should be and once I added the user config .hpp the error went away, just wondering due to the language of the OP if there are modules that need to be put down.

I couldn't find any, so I must ask.

No modules required.. just adjust any params in the userconfig file and you are good to go

Where do I plop the user config file on my server?

...../cfg/Users/Gameserver/

or

...../cfg/Users/server/

Sorry, never used a mod on the server that required a user config. Actually now I've got 3 (Raven, Tao Map and ASR).;)

Yes, I am very new to all of this. Thanks in advance!

Yeah just create a \userconfig folder in the arma root directory then drop the ASR_AI folder with the config.hpp file in there.

Correct, thanks Savage for the support.

The new update is a significant improvement for the AI heli gunner, thanks a LOT man!

Yeah, I'd test it out but my work PC is telling me to piss off. Thanks for the support.

Yeah, Snottus. Was running ALiVE + ASR + A2 US Heli port last night and my AAF guys were derping around in a Huey. It was actually really cool how aggressive they were being and how skilled the pilot was. Both door gunners opening up with the 240s as the pilot did some impressive passes. Vietnam-esque.

Correct, thanks Savage for the support.

NP.. if you're still looking to do a PDF manual at some point I'm still interested :p

This may already be answered but are there any plans for ASR rearming support?

Thanks!

Can anyone throw out a link on AI skills, reactions, and mechanics? I'm looking for how AI detect and prosecute information on players. How far can AI see? That sort of thing.

Thanks as always,

Can anyone throw out a link on AI skills, reactions, and mechanics? I'm looking for how AI detect and prosecute information on players. How far can AI see? That sort of thing.

Thanks as always,

You may want to start here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Difficulty

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgAISkill

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback

Thanks guys,

That's a good place to start. I'm most interested in how ASR and other ai enhancement addons effect and manipulate the ai settings.

Thanks

Thanks guys,

That's a good place to start. I'm most interested in how ASR and other ai enhancement addons effect and manipulate the ai settings.

Thanks

The source code is all here if interested: https://github.com/robalo/mods

1. would it be possible to include player groups into the information exchange?

So at least with extended map symbols you can see what others report. I made my own little script but yours looks much better.

2. Can you make the requirement to have radio optional for AI groups to communicate? (The AI just doesn't care to carry one)

1. I do not think I'll ever add that. Plus if you play with the map info enabled (I never do) then once some AI gains enough knowledge it would automatically draw those markers for you, so it should be in already.

2. It's already optional. By default all soldiers have radios and communicate. Want them not to ? Remove their radios.

1. No sorry, target information is only passed within your group and the map markers show only what your groups knows and it is not transferred to or from other groups. Your decision, I just wonder why let the player group in the dark? Fells a bit lonely if I spot enemy tanks and a friendly AI group runs by or a friendly tank group could easily take them on but I have no possibility to inform them. Or the other way support for AI groups is difficult as I don't get information.

2. ok

1. No sorry, target information is only passed within your group and the map markers show only what your groups knows and it is not transferred to or from other groups. Your decision, I just wonder why let the player group in the dark? Fells a bit lonely if I spot enemy tanks and a friendly AI group runs by or a friendly tank group could easily take them on but I have no possibility to inform them. Or the other way support for AI groups is difficult as I don't get information.

So you're saying the info does not get transferred between groups when there's a player in either the sending or receiving group. Not talking about the vanilla in-group info exchange here. The information should already be exchanged to and from the other friendly groups regardless but I'll check the conditions and see if anything needs to be adjusted. The way it works is, the player automatically passes info to AI in group, which trigger sending info to other groups. When a player is in a receiving group, the info comes to his AI, then it should be passed automatically to him also.

I will think about the idea of AI marking enemy positions on the map for the player to see.

Meanwhile, enjoy the updated version !

0.9.1 changes

- aiming skill increased slightly in CfgAISkill

- CTRG units are now SF (skill level 2)

- reworked reactions to danger

- userconfig defaults changed: radiorange from 400 to 500, throwsmoke from 0.5 to 0.8, gunshothearing from 0.8 to 1.2; will increase awareness and smoke usage

Im so glad your working on this! I have also 3 questions :P

- headless client work? He should run also asr :D

- task force radio is supported for contact sharing? Would be cool if the teamleader with long range radio can share it over 10km ;)

- spotDistance value is higher for vehicle crew? Most time i see in arma3 they attack like ground ai on foot. dont react until hit and want to attack as near as possible.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi, we were playing resistance mission and in the logs of the server I see this statement all the time.

[1.12294e+006,23551.3,22505.3,"x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\XEH_postServerInit.sqf:18","New ViewDistance set: _newvd=1337.77"]

Is this normal?

Im so glad your working on this! I have also 3 questions :P

- headless client work? He should run also asr :D

- task force radio is supported for contact sharing? Would be cool if the teamleader with long range radio can share it over 10km ;)

- spotDistance value is higher for vehicle crew? Most time i see in arma3 they attack like ground ai on foot. dont react until hit and want to attack as near as possible.

- HC should be running it too, to get the same configs and the dynamic viewdistance.

- Haven't checked, but TF radio is supported if it inherits from the ItemRadio class, just like ACRE is. The type of radio has no effect now, the range is the one from userconfig. There's not much advantage in sharing info over long distances.

- For the crew what matters more than their individual spotting distance is the sensitivity configured for their vehicle. I might need to do the same type of tweaking as I did for the helicopters, will check.

Hi, we were playing resistance mission and in the logs of the server I see this statement all the time.

[1.12294e+006,23551.3,22505.3,"x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\XEH_postServerInit.sqf:18","New ViewDistance set: _newvd=1337.77"]

Is this normal?

Yes it's normal, some debug flag left enabled in the source. I will probably remove it next update. It's not causing any trouble so I left it on to see how the VD gets changed based on weather and day/light conditions.

Will the AI become suppressed if under heavy fire?

Also, if I run this on my server, will it override the AI config set in BECTI Zerty?