After the @CBA_A3 update & again after the AsrAi3 update of  today (05/12/2017) settings cant be saved up to a Dedicated server by the admin, they have to be reset every time a mission is selected.

10 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

After the @CBA_A3 update & again after the AsrAi3 update of  today (05/12/2017) settings cant be saved up to a Dedicated server by the admin, they have to be reset every time a mission is selected.

Best to narrow it down. There were some settings related changes in CBA 3.5. On my side I only split the settings into multiple addons which use same category.

I think it was the @CBA_A3 update that caused the problem, but as of yesterday the settings for AsrAi3 wont save to the server as they did previously for us, & have to be selected again each time for every mission start by the Admin. As when you check server settings in "CONFIGURE ADDONS" all the boxes are empty/un-selected. Selecting then saving to the server not working.

Also  missions made in the editor with Asrai3 running have stopped working & can even kick you from the server when selected.

I know when Bis do an update addon makers have to follow, but why on earth do Bis have to do updates that seem to break more than they fix! A3 was running fine & "if its not broke don't fix it" as they say.....

Thanks for the update Robalo!

Regarding the incognito feature, is it using the CamoCoefficient setting? If so, will it not interfere with missions that make use of this setting as well?

11 minutes ago, Variable said:

Thanks for the update Robalo!

Regarding the incognito feature, is it using the CamoCoefficient setting? If so, will it not interfere with missions that make use of this setting as well?

Incognito is completely independent. It's disabled by default because internally it makes the player units setCaptive and only works in some scenarios (big potential to break mission triggers due to player switching sides).

The dynamic camo feature could conflict with mission design when mission maker uses setUnitTrait  with camouflageCoef on some units. In this case,  I recommend applying the "asr_ai_exclude" variable to those units so the mod will no longer handle them.

Hi Robalo,

will you release the fix also in standard package in Steam? I think that version does not have the fix which you did yesterday or maybe I am mistaken

Also if its not too much,  can the AI Configs for third party addons , Or at least RHS compatible , be put up on Steam, seems we are all Steam now...

thnx for all  kk

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

will you release the fix also in standard package in Steam? I think that version does not have the fix which you did yesterday or maybe I am mistaken

I'll update it with the hotfix on Steam soon. Done.

2 hours ago, kklownboy said:

Also if its not too much,  can the AI Configs for third party addons , Or at least RHS compatible , be put up on Steam, seems we are all Steam now...

thnx for all  kk

The extras have been on Steam for some time and they're up to date. In fact, I usually publish on Steam first, then on Github and post the links here.

• Like 2

Sadly this is currently not working;

. Other settings
- Make sure latest CBA and ASR AI3 are active on the admin's client computer
- Start a mission
- Press Escape -> CONFIGURE -> GAME -> CONFIGURE ADDONS -> SERVER
- When done, click on SAVE. This will allow saving an existing preset or creating a new one.
- These settings will be saved in the server's profile namespace and they will be reused automatically after server restarts.

Hello. I have question about this mod. I downloaded this mod from Steam workshop. And arma 3 launcher automatically added it. Now the self question:

Did it start work? Or It need special install? I just don't understand because the author said that "For best experience, install the mod on server and all clients connecting to it, headless or not". 

In Advance, thank you for the reply

Just played ARMA for the first time in two months last night. Was running this mod... wow seriously difficult. Me and a friend had a blast as we essentially got surrounded by this crazy AI and a simple rescue mission turned into a hellish siege nightmare. We were lucky to get out of there with the 5 deaths each that we accumulated during their assault. Nice work on this. Really makes the game a challenge and so cool to see the AI do some of the stuff they do while this mod is running.

• Like 3

Steam version of the mod is still not fixed? I get "Warning Message: Addon 'asr_ai3_popfor_c' requires addon 'asr_ai3_main'" when I start up the server..

it was my mistake..

Not only will it not save to server but it doesn't seem to save to mission?

A quick test used is if NV is still being worn in daylight when unequip is selected.

hello!

now that asr ai pbo are splitted have you any suggestion to use this mod with ace3?

2 hours ago, ab_luca said:

hello!

now that asr ai pbo are splitted have you any suggestion to use this mod with ace3?

This one is easy, same as before, use all modules from this and remove ace_ai.pbo.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

Not only will it not save to server but it doesn't seem to save to mission?

A quick test used is if NV is still being worn in daylight when unequip is selected.

Sounds like broken install to me. Make sure you have clean installs of latest CBA and ASR AI.

Both are from Steam workshop verified came up as OK.

Did notice our dedicated server serverconfig has no filepatching option to turn on or off. could it be that?

Does the removal of NV for AI in daylight hours still work? I downloaded fresh from Steam started a mission hosting on LAN & with AsrAi3 running & all selected but the NV still being worn during daylight hrs?

10 minutes ago, jgaz-uk said:

Both are from Steam workshop verified came up as OK.

Did notice our dedicated server serverconfig has no filepatching option to turn on or off. could it be that?

The only downside of filepatching off (default) on server is that your setting from the userconfig file will be ignored. Hard-coded defaults will be used instead.

Also, the unit config loop which also handles the NVG equip feature is running each 30 sec. If the unit has no free space in the inventory it will not unequip NVG.

I am not sure what your goal is. If you thing you found a bug, please provide clear repro steps using only CBA and ASR AI.

Hey Robalo, 

are you planning to add support for the new ACE3 NVG's to ASR AI ? Most notably, reducing the enemy AI perception range under certain lighting conditions?

Thanks!

I just installed this mod for SP use via Steam and I was wondering, how can I tell if it's working?  I've tried configuring it through the Arma 3 ingame menu by clicking on the 'overwrite mission' setting.  So far, it doesn't seem to be working - I've activated the 'fall on hit' setting, but nobody is falling after being shot.  Am I doing something wrong?

On 12/21/2017 at 8:40 PM, Alwarren said:

Hey Robalo, 

are you planning to add support for the new ACE3 NVG's to ASR AI ? Most notably, reducing the enemy AI perception range under certain lighting conditions?

Thanks!

No plans for this.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:43 AM, ryhoo said:

I just installed this mod for SP use via Steam and I was wondering, how can I tell if it's working?  I've tried configuring it through the Arma 3 ingame menu by clicking on the 'overwrite mission' setting.  So far, it doesn't seem to be working - I've activated the 'fall on hit' setting, but nobody is falling after being shot.  Am I doing something wrong?

Most obvious thing would be the presence of the in-game settings for it. If you got to see them then it's installed. Are you running ACE3 as well ? The fall on hit feature is disabled if that's the case since ACE3 has something like that already.

For the rest, should be visible if you played the game a lot, but not too obvious for someone who just installed arma3 and installed the mod right away.