On 8/31/2017 at 1:16 PM, mickeymen said:

I completely agree. In the latest version of ASR the spawn of grenades is overly exaggerated.

At first I liked how the AI uses grenades (old versions), but it's annoying now. Maybe this is my perception? Or probably the last update of ASR added additional spawn grenades, despite the author's claim that he reduced the spawn. (there could be a wrong new algorithm) Today (v 1.1.3), the grenades in ASR, are complicate the life of the player, this is good, but unfortunately this does not look realistic, because once the AI detects the player, through 00000.1 seconds, the player sees flying grenade!  

conclusion:
@Robalo, after any recognition of enemy target, It is necessary to give the small delay for use grenades (can be within 2-5 sec), so in the most cases, let the AI, first will use the primary weapons and only after this throws a hand grenades. Regarding the use of UGL, it still looks decent

Strange, I've been using this mod for a couple of months now and I've seen them use grenades only two times (one of those times was quite great though, I was taking cover in a building and as I was trying to sneak out I saw a grenade landing next to me!)

New version available: 1.1.4. Changes:

[config]
- (mod) reduced grenade usage and accuracy
- (add) camouflage settings for LOW DLC gear
[script]
- (fix) incognito settings had player setCaptive false on init
- (mod) removed killed event handler (no longer reduces morale)
- (mod) removed damage eh which ejected dead units from static weapons (fixed in vanilla)

Enjoy ! :f:

• Like 10

So glad to see you reduced grenade usage and accuracy!

Robalo, what's your recommendation for server skillAI and precisionAI after the latest update that re-scales the AI configuration?

29 minutes ago, Variable said:

So glad to see you reduced grenade usage and accuracy!

Robalo, what's your recommendation for server skillAI and precisionAI after the latest update that re-scales the AI configuration?

I prefer the defaults in userconfig combined with the regular AI preset:

skillAI = 0.7;
        precisionAI = 0.5;

By the way @Robalo, have you fixed the EH issue when you use fire on my lead? The EH doesn't get removed so when you command the AI to hold fire (using the game commands, not your mod), as soon as you shoot the command changes to open fire!

2 hours ago, ColonelKernel said:

By the way @Robalo, have you fixed the EH issue when you use fire on my lead? The EH doesn't get removed so when you command the AI to hold fire (using the game commands, not your mod), as soon as you shoot the command changes to open fire!

You can always cancel "fire on me" (press again same key combo) then order hold fire as usual. Given that, I didn't see it as a big issue. I'll see if I can improve it.

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

You can always cancel "fire on me" (press again same key combo) then order hold fire as usual

This is exactly what I do, but like I said as soon as I shoot the order resets to open fire.

2 hours ago, Robalo said:

Given that, I didn't see it as a big issue. I'll see if I can improve it.

Thanks.

BTW, nice job with that fix. The issue is gone now! :yay:

@Robalo I'm new to Arma and I'm using ASR AI 3 with bCombat. I read some post where I need to alter some settings in the asr_ai3_config but when I open it with Notepad++ there are no setting to change. This is what my asr_ai_config looks like...

/*
 ASR AI3 server-side settings; these settings are only applicable on servers and single-player sessions
 this file must be found in <game folder>\userconfig\asr_ai3\
 for most settings, 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled
 Mission makers can control these features by setting these global variables in init.sqf
*/
/*
 Units are classified into skill sets between 1 and 10
 By default, a lower level number means a better skilled unit
 Levels 8-10 are special:
  - 8-9 are for pilots
  - 10 is for trained snipers
*/
asr_ai3_main_sets = [ // for each level: skilltype, [<min value>, <random value added to min>]
 [ 'general',[1.00,0.0], 'aiming',[1.00,0.0], 'spotting',[1.00,0.0] ], // 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
 [ 'general',[0.90,0.1], 'aiming',[0.50,0.2], 'spotting',[0.50,0.1] ], // 1:  sf 1
 [ 'general',[0.85,0.1], 'aiming',[0.40,0.2], 'spotting',[0.40,0.1] ], // 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
 [ 'general',[0.80,0.1], 'aiming',[0.25,0.1], 'spotting',[0.30,0.1] ], // 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
 [ 'general',[0.75,0.1], 'aiming',[0.20,0.1], 'spotting',[0.25,0.1] ], // 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
 [ 'general',[0.70,0.1], 'aiming',[0.15,0.1], 'spotting',[0.20,0.1] ], // 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
 [ 'general',[0.65,0.1], 'aiming',[0.10,0.1], 'spotting',[0.15,0.1] ], // 6:  some military training (insurgents)
 [ 'general',[0.60,0.1], 'aiming',[0.05,0.1], 'spotting',[0.10,0.1] ], // 7:  no military training
 [ 'general',[0.80,0.1], 'aiming',[0.20,0.1], 'spotting',[0.35,0.1] ], // 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
 [ 'general',[0.75,0.1], 'aiming',[0.15,0.1], 'spotting',[0.30,0.1] ], // 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
 [ 'general',[0.90,0.1], 'aiming',[0.70,0.3], 'spotting',[0.90,0.1] ] // 10: sniper
];
/*
    Override skill level classification which is by default done via config ("asr_ai_level" attribute in cfgVehicles)
    Add class names enclosed by quotes. Note that if other classes inherit from the ones added here, they will get the same skill level
*/
asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [
 [], // 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
 [], // 1:  sf 1
 [], // 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
 [], // 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
 [], // 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
 [], // 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
 [], // 6:  civilians with some military training (insurgents)
 [], // 7:  civilians without military training
 [], // 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
 [], // 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
 [] // 10: sniper
];
asr_ai3_main_factions = [ // default coefficient for unlisted factions is 1, meaning no change
    ['LOP_AA',0.9],
    ['LOP_IA',0.9]
];
asr_ai3_main_skip_factions = ['CIV_F','LOP_AFR_Civ','LOP_CHR_Civ','LOP_TAK_Civ']; // factions added here will not get the AI enhancements

If you could help me to find the config, I see it in game but outside the game I don't see any settings. If someone could help me figure it out I would greatly appreciate it.

@Robalo

I think you've reduced AI accuracy way too much. They can't even kill a target at 50 meters! (just place a player and an enemy autorifleman in the editor facing away from you, then simply fire near his positions and watch him as he just wastes his ammo on the ground!). And I don't even use the config! (skill 0.9, accuracy 0.4)

Their accuracy setting was perfect in the last version IMO.

Also, they run away a lot, don't make proper use of cover (not sure if these two are caused by the update) and their aiming speed seems to be super low sometimes. Also they don't fire as much as before (again not sure if caused by update).

Edit:

I just applied your fix for XEH preinit to the older version (1.1.3) and it's gotten friggin' awesome! (except for the fact that I can't use it in MP anymore!)

@Robalo
I have tried ASR AI + RHS test that put config.
AI does not like to use RHS equipment, it's a bomb that is not based on the game itself.
The AI test did not fire the non-Class EGLM. Even the Apex guns did not fire.

Is there enough solution? //Sorry for my eng

Edited by myzaja07

Hi Robalo,

how is the skills for vehicle crews actually? They are not effected by this mod right? The technicals are godlike somehow with aim.. 

Question from an ASR AI newbie: how do I best set up the mod with respect to overwriting missions and clients? Do I need to tweak anything there to get the intended basic effect?

37 minutes ago, thirith said:

Question from an ASR AI newbie: how do I best set up the mod with respect to overwriting missions and clients? Do I need to tweak anything there to get the intended basic effect?

On 17.09.2017 at 2:43 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

how is the skills for vehicle crews actually? They are not effected by this mod right? The technicals are godlike somehow with aim.. 

+1, after BIS patch Ai are snipers, need something to override their skills in missions.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2017 at 10:15 PM, ColonelKernel said:

This is exactly what I do, but like I said as soon as I shoot the order resets to open fire.

Tested this today, didn't happen to me. Canceled fire on me (this removes the EH) then ordered hold fire, after I fired the unit was still on hold fire.

On 9/9/2017 at 10:25 AM, Nokecity said:

@Robalo I'm new to Arma and I'm using ASR AI 3 with bCombat. I read some post where I need to alter some settings in the asr_ai3_config but when I open it with Notepad++ there are no setting to change. This is what my asr_ai_config looks like...

If you could help me to find the config, I see it in game but outside the game I don't see any settings. If someone could help me figure it out I would greatly appreciate it.

Only help I can give you is to say if you use both mods, they override each other. The end result is not something either author intended to be. You're on your own with this.

On 9/9/2017 at 10:55 PM, ColonelKernel said:

@Robalo

I think you've reduced AI accuracy way too much. They can't even kill a target at 50 meters! (just place a player and an enemy autorifleman in the editor facing away from you, then simply fire near his positions and watch him as he just wastes his ammo on the ground!). And I don't even use the config! (skill 0.9, accuracy 0.4)

Their accuracy setting was perfect in the last version IMO.

Also, they run away a lot, don't make proper use of cover (not sure if these two are caused by the update) and their aiming speed seems to be super low sometimes. Also they don't fire as much as before (again not sure if caused by update).

Edit:

I just applied your fix for XEH preinit to the older version (1.1.3) and it's gotten friggin' awesome! (except for the fact that I can't use it in MP anymore!)

I don't know what's going on your end, no such change from me and for me the accuracy feels just right with normal AI level preset. Also see Vasili.B's post.

On 9/12/2017 at 0:01 PM, myzaja07 said:

@Robalo
I have tried ASR AI + RHS test that put config.
AI does not like to use RHS equipment, it's a bomb that is not based on the game itself.
The AI test did not fire the non-Class EGLM. Even the Apex guns did not fire.

Is there enough solution? //Sorry for my eng

In my tested scenarios, AI are happily using RHS equipment and kill me with it a lot of times. Check your mods and missions, must be something on your end.

On 9/17/2017 at 3:43 PM, Devastator_cm said:

Hi Robalo,

I guess it depends on the gunner's skills and also the vehicle weapon inherent dispersion combined with it's configured aidispersioncoefX/Y. Should be affected but depends on which units/vehicles.

6 hours ago, thirith said:

Just enable it and play. You don't need to customize anything to make it work.

6 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

+1, after BIS patch Ai are snipers, need something to override their skills in missions.

Can't say that matches my experience. Perhaps you need to readjust your difficulty settings to adapt to BIS AI changes, Also see ColonelKernel's post.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, myzaja07 said:

@Robalo are u setting any optional config in asr_ai3 or put config of rhs and run normal only ?

Only load RHS config addon, nothing else. Make sure you got latest from Steam or first post.

Sorry - you misunderstood me. Al missions i create now - after BIS patch (AI skills changes) are OK, but missions created before that patch (campaigns, scenarios from workshop) had issues with OP AI's. All i wanted was to lower them a little without worrying mission authors to edit their missions, and without editing mission properties (edit all AIs skill one by one) by some mod/extension.

2 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

Sorry - you misunderstood me. Al missions i create now - after BIS patch (AI skills changes) are OK, but missions created before that patch (campaigns, scenarios from workshop) had issues with OP AI's. All i wanted was to lower them a little without worrying mission authors to edit their missions, and without editing mission properties (edit all AIs skill one by one) by some mod/extension.

I don't know what you meant then. When you said AI are snipers I thought you mean they're too accurate. Which is funny because I also got a report that they can't kill a 50m target :)

Also, what you want is what this mod always did. AI skills are overridden the same by this, old missions or new.

I know this sound stupid and strange. I cant figure it by myself. I mean before BIS patch precision 0.35 was default militia skills, now (when i play it in editor) this is also very low value, and Ai is missing their targets most of time, but somehow (i dont know how) missions from workshop with AI sets on map with skills 0.35 is damn precise, just as marksman. I cant figure (just like others) how it is possible. Just like some new calculations were made and alll "old 0.35 precission" is now 0.80 - but only in mission create before BIS patch. 

If this is overriding them, its just fine, downloading now. However i wish BIS will figure whats wrong with vanilla AI precission.