After over a year of sitting on the fence, I finally took the plunge and installed A3 (tho A2 will remain warm in the garage).

I'm really pleased to see that Robalo is still working his magic.

But I'm still getting to grips with the current crop of mods.

For example, is there any significant conflict between TPW and ASR AI3? e.g. TPW's EBS and AI3's SeekCover?

I checked Gliptal's (author of TPW) thread on mod compatibility but could find no clear mention of this.

Dont use both. I found that running ASR_AI3 find cover with tpw's gave ocassionally weird results - one or more members of my team would stop & refuse to move, medics got stuck after healing a grunt, and wedge formation orders sometimes got translated as vee (once that happened, wedge formation was unattainable thereafter). I use Robs's, with TPWCAS (A3) for supression effects. YMMV.

Dont use both. I found that running ASR_AI3 find cover with tpw's gave ocassionally weird results - one or more members of my team would stop & refuse to move, medics got stuck after healing a grunt, and wedge formation orders sometimes got translated as vee (once that happened, wedge formation was unattainable thereafter). I use Robs's, with TPWCAS (A3) for supression effects. YMMV.

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected as much ...

So does this mean that you use ASR AI3 and only certain modulees from TPW? If so, which ones? IIRC the TPWCAS is no longer a PBO but can be activated/disabled via the Java-based interface. IIRC TPWCAS is no hosted in the SKIRMISH module.

Can you confirm?

Hey not sure if it's been reported, or maybe it's just me, but running with AI skills off gives me a slow looping script error. _this spawn: Undefined variable in asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill

Thanks for the feedback. I suspected as much ...

So does this mean that you use ASR AI3 and only certain modulees from TPW? If so, which ones? IIRC the TPWCAS is no longer a PBO but can be activated/disabled via the Java-based interface. IIRC TPWCAS is no hosted in the SKIRMISH module.

Can you confirm?

Maybe you should take it to the TPW thread but, TPWCAS is an addon (it comes in a PBO file). The one with Java interface is TPWMODS, which, in turns, also comes as an addon, while the Java interface it's a third party app to edit a config, from wich you can turn on and off every feature of the mod.

SKIRMISH is a feature of TPWMODS. AFAIK, nothing to do with TPWCAS.

Edited by seba1976

Hey not sure if it's been reported, or maybe it's just me, but running with AI skills off gives me a slow looping script error. _this spawn: Undefined variable in asr_ai3_sysaiskill_fnc_modunitskill

Fixed in upcoming release. Thanks!

Maybe you should take it to the TPW thread but, TPWCAS is an addon (it comes in a PBO file). The one with Java interface is TPWMODS, which, in turns, also comes as an addon, while the Java interface it's a third party app to edit a config, from wich you can turn on and off every feature of the mod.

SKIRMISH is a feature of TPWMODS. AFAIK, nothing to do with TPWCAS.

I have taken this up in the TPW thread.

FYI TPWCAS is now integrated in TPW_MODS as the EBS module which can be enabled via the Java interface.

My question was simply I love TPW_MOD but I prefer to ASR AI3. So what changes have you guys taken to ensure the 2 play nicely?

Does this mean that you set seekcover=0 in ASR AI3 and keep the ESB module activated in TPW_MOD?

Edited by domokun
double post

Plz delete

Edited by domokun
delet

FYI TPWCAS is now integrated in TPW_MODS as the EBS module

Absolutely not true. I contributed to TPWCAS some time ago but Ollem took over development when I had to bail from Arma for personal reasons. It's a very advanced and comprehensive system. TPW EBS is a simplified suppression system which I wrote as part of TPW MODS once I got back into things. It shares a few concepts with TPWCAS but no code, and depending on how it's configured relies on a completely different system for its bullet detection.

I think the clarification had to be posted here too.

So whats the verdict? We run tpwcas along side asr on dedicated, do we need to change that for better results or just leave it?

So whats the verdict? We run tpwcas along side asr on dedicated, do we need to change that for better results or just leave it?

We're using TPWCAS too ;)

well then that settles it lol.

have u edited yours at all? I cant help but feel it can be optimised seeing as tho it hasn't been updated in so long. even if u haven't edited it, do u mind posting your settings?

thanks!

edit - also with the ASR radionet, is that dependent on the AI having a radio?

Edited by Azer1234

I'm having an issue where after getting into a combat situation, the AI will ignore any move orders or waypoints, those set by either Zeus or MCC. They will still move around individually and react to combat situations as normal around them, but they just act like i'm not giving them any waypoints. If i spawn fresh units they react to waypoints normally, it's only after the unit has gotten into a combat situations. Has anyone else seen this?

The only other AI mod that's on is the MCC (haven't adjusted any settings in that), but as far as I understood it, ASR AI overwrites any skill settings in MCC, unless i'm mistaken?

I have taken this up in the TPW thread.

FYI TPWCAS is now integrated in TPW_MODS as the EBS module which can be enabled via the Java interface.

My question was simply I love TPW_MOD but I prefer to ASR AI3. So what changes have you guys taken to ensure the 2 play nicely?

Does this mean that you set seekcover=0 in ASR AI3 and keep the ESB module activated in TPW_MOD?

No, as I said (perhaps unclearly) I use Rob's 'find cover' and TPWCAS (A3 version); and I disable EBS. Works well.

I'm having an issue where after getting into a combat situation, the AI will ignore any move orders or waypoints, those set by either Zeus or MCC. They will still move around individually and react to combat situations as normal around them, but they just act like i'm not giving them any waypoints. If i spawn fresh units they react to waypoints normally, it's only after the unit has gotten into a combat situations. Has anyone else seen this?

The only other AI mod that's on is the MCC (haven't adjusted any settings in that), but as far as I understood it, ASR AI overwrites any skill settings in MCC, unless i'm mistaken?

That is normal behavior with or without ASR_AI. Once in combat mode, the units will move "at their own pace". The only reason you may notice a difference with ASR_AI, is perhaps because they detect the enemy units better, and so they're in combat mode more frequently and for longer time.

That is normal behavior with or without ASR_AI. Once in combat mode, the units will move "at their own pace". The only reason you may notice a difference with ASR_AI, is perhaps because they detect the enemy units better, and so they're in combat mode more frequently and for longer time.

I'm doing a poor job of explaining it, sorry. What I meant is during combat they ignore any waypoints, whereas usually they move at their own pace, like you said. It doesn't seem to matter what i tell them to do, during combat after the initial running and taking cover they are pretty much stationary. Only after they return to aware do they respond to waypoints or orders. If I disable ASR they

Edit: looking at the RPT log i see a lot of ASR errors, the main two I see over and over are:

22:08:34 Error Undefined variable in expression: _sa

22:08:34 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\fnc_setUnitSkill.sqf, line 39

22:08:34 Error in expression <s_units;

_sa = asr_ai3_sysaiskill_sets select _sc;

if (count _sa == 0) exitWit>

22:08:13 Error position: <select _sc;

if (count _sa == 0) exitWit>

22:08:13 Error Zero divisor

22:08:13 File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\fnc_setUnitSkill.sqf, line 30

Edited by Soulis6

Time for another release, 0.9.14 is up.

Changes

- combined all configs and scripts into a single addon (make sure to remove old files before updating)

- rate of fire tweaks

- snipers and machinegunners lay down more when shooting

- shot detection adapted to work with DragonFyre sound mod

- enter combat mode immediately when hit

- prevent group merging with UCD caching

- skills assigned automatically on AI owner machines only

- userconfig changed to sqf and used on servers only (single player too)

- all user configurable settings loaded from server now, without exceptions (thanks jaynus!)

- lots of adjustments, optimisation

Enjoy!

Awesome!

- combined all configs and scripts into a single addon (make sure to remove old files before updating)

Meaning things like the additional RHS and Aggressor files as well?

Edited by DGeorge85

Thanks for the update!

- shot detection adapted to work with DragonFyre sound mod

Can you expand on this? How's this going to work if a number of clients are running DragonFyre but the machine where the AI is local to are not?

- skills assigned automatically on AI owner machines only

Were you noticing perfomance drops with the "global" syncing of skills? I had a hunch that some sFPS issues we were experiencing was related to sending the stuff related to the skills of newly (zeus) created units over the network and was somehow eh "clogging up the pipes" so to speak.

How does this work for units which change their locality, e.g. are put under control of a zeus or into a player's group but were local to the server before? Or a Zeus player/player with AI in their group disconnects and units are put under the server's control?

- userconfig changed to sqf and used on servers only (single player too)

- all user configurable settings loaded from server now, without exceptions

Ah, so a userconfig on the dedi will dictacte the behavior of units in a player's group or under zeus control? That's great!

I just noticed that the name of the global variables have changed. Is there backwards compatibility to older missions where ASR features were set with a global variable?

Edited by Wolfenswan

I have a dumb, dumb question. It just dawned on me that when using ASR AI with AGM, this actually forces all units to require the use of ear plugs when firing. If ASR AI is off, default riflemen do not have earplugs to equip, and their ears are fine, yet a sniper would still require ear plugs. With ASR AI on, the rifleman now gets ear plugs and is required to use them, or else he gets the same ringing as the sniper.

What I wanted to ask - hence why it's a dumb question - was this an intentional change ASR AI created, or a very amusing and interesting error? :P

I am on the most recent version available on PwS, so I am not referring to the version recently posted.

So, I'm not really getting ASR AI to work.

I'm sorry for missing something, but how do I "turn ASR AI on" so to speak? :)

I apologize for missing something that is probably very simple.

Awesome!

Meaning things like the additional RHS and Aggressor files as well?

Nope, those are optional, still separate. Speaking of, I will update the RHS config soon.

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:24 ----------

So, I'm not really getting ASR AI to work.

I'm sorry for missing something, but how do I "turn ASR AI on" so to speak? :)

I apologize for missing something that is probably very simple.

Just use you preferred game launcher (or the in-game expansion thing) and activate the mod like any other.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Thanks for the update!

Can you expand on this? How's this going to work if a number of clients are running DragonFyre but the machine where the AI is local to are not?

The relevant fired EH is server only so only server sound config matters. The change is mainly aimed at single-player.

Were you noticing perfomance drops with the "global" syncing of skills? I had a hunch that some sFPS issues we were experiencing was related to sending the stuff related to the skills of newly (zeus) created units over the network and was somehow eh "clogging up the pipes" so to speak.

I just wanted to optimize it, avoid sending traffic to clients where it's not needed.

I did notice some hiccups when getting into spawn range with the old version which was odd because there wasn't much code to be sent anyway. Let me know if you see improvements with this one.

How does this work for units which change their locality, e.g. are put under control of a zeus or into a player's group but were local to the server before? Or a Zeus player/player with AI in their group disconnects and units are put under the server's control?

I expect their skills to be preserved. If not, I'd class it as bug.

Ah, so a userconfig on the dedi will dictacte the behavior of units in a player's group or under zeus control? That's great!

It's about which settings are used. You still need to run the mod on AI owners to get the behavior dictated by the server.

I just noticed that the name of the global variables have changed. Is there backwards compatibility to older missions where ASR features were set with a global variable?

There's no bwc, need to update for new global vars/function names. Promise I won't change then again anytime soon :)

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

I have a dumb, dumb question. It just dawned on me that when using ASR AI with AGM, this actually forces all units to require the use of ear plugs when firing. If ASR AI is off, default riflemen do not have earplugs to equip, and their ears are fine, yet a sniper would still require ear plugs. With ASR AI on, the rifleman now gets ear plugs and is required to use them, or else he gets the same ringing as the sniper.

What I wanted to ask - hence why it's a dumb question - was this an intentional change ASR AI created, or a very amusing and interesting error? :P

I am on the most recent version available on PwS, so I am not referring to the version recently posted.

I have increased audiblefire parameters in cfgammo. It's a config setting which matters for how far/ how well the AI detects units firing those projectiles.

I think having a player effect created based on AI config parameters is a bad idea. Anyways, all rifles are loud, so if you're to require ear plugs ... :)

Damn, I hope you'd answer something else :)

The mod is activated and userconfig is placed in root folder /userconfig.

I expect their skills to be preserved. If not, I'd class it as bug.

I'm not sure because if AI skill is set only where the AI is local and then the skill checked where it isn't, they do not correspond. If a locality-change of an AI updates this value as well then everything should be fine. I'll run some tests and let you know if you don't get around to it before me ;)

I'm testing it by just placing me and an opfor soldier, and one opfor squad a bit from us.

The opfor soldier does not take of his NVGs (despite it beeing noon) and when I kill him the opfor squad does not react. When I fire on them they get down, shoot back and then get up and act as vanilla. This means it's not working as intended, yes?