@Robalo

Is there any way to interfere with Heli gunners AI in any way?

As is..Helicopter Gunners Can't spot infantry..unless the helicopter take fire from them.

(i already have a ticket for this )

Can you do something about that?

@Robalo

Is there any way to interfere with Heli gunners AI in any way?

As is..Helicopter Gunners Can't spot infantry..unless the helicopter take fire from them.

(i already have a ticket for this )

Can you do something about that?

Yes should be a simple config tweak. Looks like the sensitivity for air is too low. Will add a fix for it next time I push an update.

I made a quick and dirty check for JSRS so when you have it, the sound range is set to 1000m for unsuppressed weapons. You can enable debug in sysdanger and then check the hints you get when you shoot the weapons to see how far the sound gets "detected".

Oh nice, I wasn't aware of this and had set the ai gunshot hearing variable in the config file to 5.8 to compensate, better switch it back!

My personal computer is broken at the moment.

And it is not THAT crazy to ask to see in a video the nice features of the mod. A lot of modders do that to advertize their work. I do it myself. So chill.

Rude remarks like, "I'll have to see a video to believe you on that one" and "I honestly doubt it" are a little different than asking nicely to see a video.

Having an issue trying to get this to run on my server.

I have a gameserver from Fragnet, with my current command line on the server, I have no issues connecting, and playing any mission there,

when i put ASR_AI3 in the command line of the server, the server wont showup in the server list, I have my server filtered so only my server shows up for me,

normally the server shows up np, I checked the server's rpt and im getting a simple error:

Warning Message: Addon 'asr_ai3_main' requires addon 'CBA_MAIN'

My server's target line is this

-mod=@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI3;@Weapons;@MEI;@Planes

even if I run the mod with just -mod=@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI3 I get the same error message, same problem, server wont show up on the list.

According to the error message I need CBA_A3 on the server, well I checked all the files and its on the server, its in the target line, I had just reinstalled

the latest version for both mods, and nothing server wont start with ASR_AI3, so... whats the issue how do i fix this? do i even need the mod on the server?

Edited by Günter Severloh

Of course you need the mod on server.

Gunter..

You are an experienced member so..i m almost skeptical to ask you:"The server's CBA folder structure is correct?

The addon name exactly same on ARMA3 (server) folder and the command line??

:/

Edited by GiorgyGR

I posted exactly what i have, I've been running game servers since 2007, and Ive had all arma1, arma2, arma2CO, and now arma3 servers,

and never ran into an issue like this where I have the files yet the server is still asking for the files it has.

But the folder structures are correct, the listed target lines in my previous post were copied from my server's rpt, and the command line for

the server would obviously say the same thing, so idk ASRai keeps asking for cba main, but its in there.

I know they are correct because if they weren't the server wouldn't start anyways, and as said as soon as I put ASRAi on the server I get that error

server runs np otherwise, I was on the server this morning playing np.

Open a ticket (see tracker link in first post) and attach your server RPT. The answer is probably in there. But basically, for some reason your CBA addons aren't loaded.

Hi Robalo, thanks but i figured it out, I had an extra -mod= parameter so it looked like this -mod= -mod= it was like that in my command line

for the server as when i first got the server and set the command line last year the server wouldn't accept the mods, theres like a parameter

check list on the command line for the server, you basically tick the box for what you want, one of them is -mod= but when i did that the mods i had didn't work,

so i added the -mod= to the open space next to it where you type in the mod folders, and that worked, but now it dont so now

I can just run the with the box ticked, funny, but now ASRAI now works on the server!!

Having a blast with the latest version.

and a question about the new "hitcoef". when it says 75%, it means 75 percent of the original skill value is kept (25% reduction in skill?) , and then each subsequent hit, skill is again reduced by 25%? is that correct. so the higher the skill the less skill reduction per bullet indused injury? just want to make sure that im going the right way with the numbers here. i got a bunch of ai that are looking and aiming up and not engaging anything i am sure its skill related.

Yes should be a simple config tweak. Looks like the sensitivity for air is too low. Will add a fix for it next time I push an update.

The sooner the better, and thanks for a great mod!

Thank you for the release.

I'm getting these scripterrors when using the grenade launcher. Also happens in gunships:

Running DEV build

Error in expression <e = 50;
_early = true;
};
};
};

if (_range < 50) exitWith {
;
};

if (_early>
 Error position: <_range < 50) exitWith {
;
};

if (_early>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _range
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_firedExplosive.sqf, line 69
Error in expression <rEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon"],_range]);
>
 Error position: <_range]);
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _range
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_firedExplosive.sqf, line 135

Got the latest dev, enabled some debugging and tested shooting a few GLs. Had everything working as expected.

Try again, perhaps something was broken in the dev build when you tested, and if still having the error, submit your RPT in a ticket in the tracker.

Haven't tested this newest version yet...the last one I tried kept the AI in a YELLOW status regardless of the selection in the editor or though scripting...has that been addressed? Glad to see you chugging away again!! Congrats!

Thanks. I don't know which version you tried, but never had that issue.

Ok, I would much appreciate it if this question is answered once and for all. There are, to my knowledge, four scripts that affect the AI combat system: TPWCAS, ASR_AI, bCombat, and UPSMON. Can anyone give a recommendation of which one is the best? I am confused and conflicted as to which one to use and which ones can be combined together to get the best results. So, if someone has played with all four of these scripts, I would love to hear your opinion on the matter.

What does ASR_AI bring to the table that the other AI scripts do not. How is it any better? I do not mean to sound condescending in any way, I am just truly at an odds as to which one to use. I play with a small group of friends, whom are all, as am I, still new to the game. So, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Edited by chondo999

chondo, the easiest thing is for you to try them all. Individually then in groups together. The beauty of Arma is the modularity of addons (assuming coders have put in userconfigs) and therefore you can turn off certain functions.

bCombat and ASR_AI, whilst individually improving the AI greatly probably won't get on well together as they modify the AI danger.fsm.

ASR_AI and TPW were found to work well toghether if I'm not mistaken.

Yay!

Robalo, is there any plans to add rearming into ASR_AI? If it is meant to be there already I have never noticed anyone picking any ammo/weapons up.

Same here, but I was using latest ASR AI with DUWS and I know ArmA 3 still has some bugs being ironed out. I noticed lack of re-arming of ASR AI with DUWS and lack of responsiveness to commands which I did not see when not using ASR AI. Some of this could have been due to low framerate at some points in my game (sometimes down ~17 fps) but I was not recognising the same behaviour that I saw with ASR AI in ArmA 2.

Despite these, undoubted possible teething problems, its great to see ASR AI continued on to ArmA 3 :)

There is no rearming. Tried to port it from Arma2, think I even rewrote the whole thing but it didn't work. The takeweapon/takemagazine commands simply did not function. Some of the many thing that were not brought over from Arma2 I guess. Gave up on that eventually. That was in A3 alpha days, perhaps I will give that another try sometime.

About responsiveness, as any other thing, if your fps is that low, don;t expect anything to work as it should. I noticed for instance, lot of people complain about stupid AI. I have experienced it myself, but then I checked the frame rate on the server and went oh, ok, we have too much stuff going on here. Find and remove the mods and mission scripts that are ruining the performance. If your server's fps won't stay in between 40 and 50, then you won't experience the AI at it's fullest capacity. If you go the wrong way about it, thinking AI is stupid when you have low fps and throw in an AI mod, which is going to hurt fps even more, then you'll only going to make it worse.

I know, that's been a major problem for ArmA for a long time. But someone seems to have noticed and innovated a solution. I have not tried it yet but it looks like they have the right idea. I was just like YES ! ... When I saw this as it's occurred to me how silly it is treating the AI like human players on the server. Human players just need movements and hit detection sending between client --> server --> many clients (probably a bit more than that I guess), where with the AI every AI "brain" has to be simulated on the server. No wonder it all crawls to a standstill. So nice to see something like ALiVE, assuming it actually works of course.

• ALiVE features the revolutionary Virtual Profile System that supports thousands of units operating simultaneously across the map with minimal impact on performance. Unlike older caching systems, Virtual AI groups will continue to move, operate and fight and will seamlessly spawn into the visual game world when players are in range.

Following previous discussion regarding recommended AI skill and precision levels to use with ASR AI, BI just confirmed that current precision and skill settings are no longer in use (dev branch). See here and read onwards:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639120&viewfull=1#post2639120

Thanks for the info Variable. I'll always try to provide a good balance with the mod based on the game's default difficulty settings.