Thanks! Although it looks out of date, at least in regards to the Irregulars. Drongo69 now includes three different factions for his units, opfor are designated with a capital "O" and so on such as "DRI_RiflemanO","DRI_AutomaticRiflemanO","DRI_GrenadierO","DRI_RPG7SoldierO","DRI_MarksmanO","DRI_RPG7GrenadierO","DRI_SquadLeaderO","DRI_AASoldierO","DRI_MedicO","DRI_RepairO","DRI_ExplosivesO","DRI_EngineerO","DRI_MachineGunnerO", etc.

But it's nice to see an example of how to use the units field!

From a mission standpoint, will it work ok just to copy and paste the whole works into Description.ext? Or could someone provide me some guidance on how best to utilize this (from a mission making standpoint)?

Ahhh good spot, could you correct and re-post back ?

No this doesn't go in the mission. This is the asr_ai3_settings.hpp file which goes in your/server userconfig ASR_AI3 folder.

I am confused. How does on add custom factions to the .hpp file? I want to include the Aggressors and Massi's african conflict. How would I go about doing this? Secondly, does this mod conflict with patrol script mods such as UPS, UPSMON, AI Spawn Script? Any help would be much appreciated.

Chondo, as above check the SECOND version that i posted. that show's how it's done. However I have the DR irregulars in there in their old class format so i'm hoping Oktyabr will be posting a Version II any minute.

It's easy when you see how - Robalo perhaps you could edit your original file to show this a little more clearly or indeed add a // out demo of a range ?

SJ

These are the factions of the custom units I have. Did I add everything correctly?

class mas_usa_rang { // Massi Devgru

};

class mas_usa_mars { // Massi Marsoc

coef = 1.1;

};

class mas_ukf_sftg { // Massi SAS

coef = 1.1;

};

class mas_rus_spet { // Massi Spetsnaz

coef = 1.1;

};

class mas_afr_opf { // Massi Rebel

coef = 0.9;

};

class mas_afr_civ { // Massi Civis

coef = 0.9;

};

class caf_ag_me { // Aggressors Taliban

coef = 0.9;

};

class caf_ag_afr { // Aggressors Pirates

coef = 0.9;

};

class caf_ag_eur { // Aggressors Chechens

coef = 0.9;

};

Lastly, how low can these values go? And a difference of just 2 decimal points seem quite small in differentiating between an elite group like Devgru (1.1) and a rebel faction like Pirates (0.9). These two values were emulated from the default values found in the .hpp file in regards to NATO and rebel factions. Or is 1.1 to 0.9 enough?

Edited by chondo999

Hmm, that's really a way of applying a Master Co-efficient or weighting factor to the group. (it works don't get me wrong) it just doesn't give you the individual detail that dropping the class names will i.e. using your version all Aggressor units, regardless of class will be 90% as "good" as a generic class. Whilse Blufor would be 110% as good.

What about individual units within the group i.e. squad leaders would be better surely than riflemen, and Snipers probably have a better spot and aim ability.

That's why I would recommend using the classnames as so..

class level_3 { // regular 1
			aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.40, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.60, 0.20};
			units[] = {
				"I_Soldier_M_F","I_Spotter_F","O_soldier_M_F","O_spotter_F","DRI_Marksman","CAF_AG_ME_SVD"
			};
		};

Chondo, as above check the SECOND version that i posted. that show's how it's done. However I have the DR irregulars in there in their old class format so i'm hoping Oktyabr will be posting a Version II any minute.

It's easy when you see how - Robalo perhaps you could edit your original file to show this a little more clearly or indeed add a // out demo of a range ?

SJ

how to delete a post; i've always wondered

I read that before it was edited, has massi updated class names too... ahhh frustrating !!

I see. Thank, you for the heads up. I will follow your system. Lastly, do you know if this mod conflict with patrol script mods such as UPS, UPSMON, AI Spawn Script?

Now for that you need Robalo... I have run them in the past and didn't notice any issues and indeed we're running bCombat with it on our dedicated, but I cannot tell you what might be going wrong that I cannot see.

SJ

How is TPWC ai Suppression system working with this mod ?

Even from early builds of ARMA3 we are using this compilation of TPWC+ASR_AI without problems.

I m guessing there isn't any major conflicts because each mod handles 'kinda' different aspects of AI.

*added*

@chondo999

You can try bcombat for COOP's of course!

(related to this post)

I haven't noticed any problems using bcombat+ASR_AI but..i m afraid (just guessing here) both of those mods

have "commons".

I ll test more these days..so i ll have a more "solid" opinion..

Even from early builds of ARMA3 we are using this compilation of TPWC+ASR_AI without problems.

I m guessing there isn't any major conflicts because each mod handles 'kinda' different aspects of AI.

*added*

@chondo999

You can try bcombat for COOP's of course!

(related to this post)

I haven't noticed any problems using bcombat+ASR_AI but..i m afraid (just guessing here) both of those mods

have "commons".

I ll test more these days..so i ll have a more "solid" opinion..

Thx a lot, bro. I am eager to read your findings.

Sorry guys. I've been pretty busy AFK tonight so I probably won't get an updated config up for several hours yet... but I'll post it!

As for missions it is in the first post that mission makers can change the configs via either the init.sqf or Description.ext. I'm experimenting with the latter now (just a copy/paste) and hope it works :)

Edited by Oktyabr

Ah, the final instalment of arma 2 "must have mods" has made its way into arma 3.

Great job Robalo, thanks for the hard work.

Ah, the final instalment of arma 2 "must have mods" has made its way into arma 3.

Great job Robalo, thanks for the hard work.

ACE ain't here yet! But maybe in time...:3

New update v1.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@asr_ai3.png

Robalo, could you add the recommended AI settings in Arma3Profile for use with ASR AI? If you still don't have any, may I suggest those in use on the Comrades in Arms coop server? We have been using these settings for months now and I feel they provide a great AI using ASR AI:

(relevant data in red)

class veteran
   {
       class Flags
       {
           Armor=0;
           FriendlyTag=0;
           EnemyTag=0;
           HUD=0;
           HUDPerm=0;
           HUDWp=0;
           HUDWpPerm=0;
           HUDGroupInfo=0;
           AutoSpot=0;
           Map=0;
           WeaponCursor=0;
           AutoGuideAT=0;
           ClockIndicator=1;
           3rdPersonView=0;
           Tracers=1;
           UltraAI=0;
           AutoAim=0;
           UnlimitedSaves=0;
           DeathMessages=0;
           NetStats=0;
           VonID=1;
       };
       [color=#ff0000]skillFriendly=0.69999999;
       skillEnemy=0.69999999;
       precisionFriendly=0.5;
       precisionEnemy=0.5;[/color]

I posted only the "Veteran" setting because we play only veteran, the other difficulty settings are untested.

For those who want to run this mod in conjunction with bcombat, I pose the question: "Which mod takes precedent over AI skill, as both bcombat and ASR alter it?"

Robalo, could you add the recommended AI settings in Arma3Profile for use with ASR AI? If you still don't have any, may I suggest those in use on the Comrades in Arms coop server? We have been using these settings for months now and I feel they provide a great AI using ASR AI:

(relevant data in red)

class veteran
   {
       class Flags
       {
           Armor=0;
           FriendlyTag=0;
           EnemyTag=0;
           HUD=0;
           HUDPerm=0;
           HUDWp=0;
           HUDWpPerm=0;
           HUDGroupInfo=0;
           AutoSpot=0;
           Map=0;
           WeaponCursor=0;
           AutoGuideAT=0;
           ClockIndicator=1;
           3rdPersonView=0;
           Tracers=1;
           UltraAI=0;
           AutoAim=0;
           UnlimitedSaves=0;
           DeathMessages=0;
           NetStats=0;
           VonID=1;
       };
       [color=#ff0000]skillFriendly=0.69999999;
       skillEnemy=0.69999999;
       precisionFriendly=0.5;
       precisionEnemy=0.5;[/color]

I posted only the "Veteran" setting because we play only veteran, the other difficulty settings are untested.

These are Veteran settings:

skillFriendly=0.85000002;

skillEnemy=0.83000004;

precisionFriendly=0.72999996;

precisionEnemy=0.69400007;

Here's what we're using on the AlphaSquad dedicated server:

Regular:

skillFriendly=0.69999999;
	precisionFriendly=0.5;
	skillEnemy=0.69999999;
	precisionEnemy=0.5;

Veteran:

skillFriendly=0.89999998;
	precisionFriendly=0.75;
	skillEnemy=0.89999998;
	precisionEnemy=0.75;

@Roblao, DO you think that this will work well with BCombat? BCombat was the foundation for TPWCAS in Arma 2 so I guess it could be. But I think you had to change something first to make it work, right?

Does every client need it or can you just install it on the server?

Also some words on how the skill sets work would be nice

Edited by cuel

Does every client need it or can you just install it on the server?

Also some words on how the skill sets work would be nice

Only Server siide i guess,...

A Questionfor robalo or any on that knows the answer! After changing the 'asr_ai3_settings.hpp' on the serve it's necessary to restart the server!?