Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

Lifter_ladder.jpgLifter_fastrope.jpg

Hello everyone.
After a long long time (which I did not think back to release some script or mod) I'm back .
All credit goes to my brother ( nick : Ground Beef ) with his insistence that managed to adapt my old and dear lifter for ArmA2 (yes, the one who in his day , was part of the fabulous mod ACE).

for those who do not know , LIFTER is a set of scripts that give - as - you mod a helicopter , the ability to transport objects ( of almost any type and form ) suspended by external sling .

This version of the Mod, keeps the operating mode of its predecessor for ArmA2 with the advantages provided arma3 such as PIP capability.

To become familiar with its operation , I recommend that you read the documentation that shed in his day with the version for ArmA 2 ( link at end of post) .

For lazy people , here is a brief summary :
The module automatically applies to helicopters carrying capacity (Those type of attack can not only lift load , it is assumed that the weight of the weapon makes ability prohibitive ) .

To make realistic this function , a constant comparison is made between the volume of the helicopter and the load immediately below it. A routine is responsible for deduction if the load can be transported and decides what kind of sling use (there are 3 types, for light, medium and heavy duty) .

Find the charge within a distance of 7 meters (maximum) from the lower end of the sling hanging under the helicopter to the center of the object to be transported). It requires some skill to fly the load, but it becomes easier with practice.
There is the ability to turn on a video camera (turn on and off with the H key) presented on a screen in the cockpit, the area of the sling to the load. This camera has normal mode, night-vision and thermal (switch modes with shift + H on).
The load can be released at any time, with the consequent risk of damage. (<5 meters: No harm, 5-10 medium damage and> 10 total destruction).
Lift vehicles are not allowed inside staff with the exception of light boats (boats or mini-submarines for spec-ops).

The module covers most of the helicopters currently in use in ArmA 3, but new versions will be included if the community requested (keeping your sanity).
The loading process is distributed in the pc's customers (not overload the server).

It was tested in SP and MP.

th_PromoLifterA3_1.jpg th_PromoLifterA3_2.jpg th_107410_2014-02-17_00017.png th_107410_2014-02-17_00002.png th_PromoLifterA3_9.jpg th_PromoLifterA3_5.jpg th_107410_2014-01-31_00001.png

UPGRADE v1.07

Link 1: from Armaholic
Link 2: from Mega

Requirements: CBA_A3.

Link Lifter for ArmA2 (documentacion incluida en addon):
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9060
Enjoy.

Changelog
v1.07
-Add: You can make an object be ignored by the detection LIFTER (Example: name_object SetVariable ["noLift", true, true];)
-Add: From the menu command you can sort lower or raise to a total pool steps (helicopter CH-47 family and assault boat)
-Add: Compatibility with Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25753).
-Add: Compatibility with Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF) by BDF Team (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25832).
-Add: Compatibility with Chinook Pack by Deltagamer (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25951).
-Fixed: Immobility problem with vehicles dropped on the ground.
-Fixed: Unstable position of objects carried in slings.

Enjoy. Edited by RAV_RAVEN
  • Thanks 2

Great! I look forward to trying it out!

*edit* - download is working fine now.

Edited by Harzach

The download worked for me! Looks exciting (never tried the A2 ACE version)... I wonder though, why a module instead of sticking to scripts? It makes one more addon players have to find to play a mission made with it. At under 1MB I think I would have liked the option to incorporate it as a mission script... But you must have good reasons. I'm just curious what they were?

@Oktabyr: the mod also contains objects for the ropes, so an addon version is required be it with or without editor module

All seems to work as advertised. A little slice of ACE in Arma 3!

A minor point - would it be possible for slung objects to inherit the velocity of the aircraft? Currently, when released from altitude at speed, it will drop straight down from the release point.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rav_lifter_a3.png

@ RAVEN:

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

It seem conflict with ACRE

it broke whole ACRE systeam, can't check which radio i choose and even can't open radio option

@Oktyabr

It's like TheSystem says, the mod contains objects "slings" and LCD screen for the camera control (none is native in ArmA 3). It is impossible to distribute to the community without an addon.

@Harzach

Soon I'll update the mod with a section of physics. Among the added capacity will drop dynamic loading, the reduction rate of the helicopter to be charged and, if possible, the reduction in the handling thereof.

For now, just added the pseudogravity those objects that do not have-as the "static" or "thing" class - that remain suspended in the air when released.

@kgino1045

I do not use ACRE, but if you give me a link to download it (for ArmA 3) I'll check. I remember that version for ArmA 2 LIFTER had no problems with ACRE.

We'll see ...

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

@Rages123

That would be the holy grail of modders. unfortunately they are still good wishes.

I alternate versions (slings) with some limited capabilities, but still in a primitive state.

Even a chord with progressive physical sectioned for each subsequent current link, but even with problems and everything is top secret. If I tell you more, then I'll have to kill you (lol).

Congrats!!! REALLY nice job done !!!!

Only things missing would be a mission version (to use with dedi servers) and getting rid of CBA_A3 needs but still a very nice mod ! :)

Hello,

Works perfectly :)

But I have an error at the starting of Arma 3:

No entry: 'config.bin/CfgModels.default'.

No entry: 'config.bin/CfgModels.default'.

ditto ;)

RAV_RAVEN,

Gracias por este Addon, no lo he probado pero por lo que veo esta muy bien.

Gracias por tu esfuerzo y tiempo. Saludos. :)

^^ English on the forums please, even though it does look like you are thanking him.

Jman;2627715']
Hello' date='

Works perfectly :)

No entry: 'config.bin/CfgModels.default'.[/quote']

ditto ;)

Me, too. It keeps me from editing mission with custom fractions. Everytime I start the mission in the editor it shows the error again. I hope thats going to be fixed. I want to use the Mod!

RAV_RAVEN,

Gracias por este Addon, no lo he probado pero por lo que veo esta muy bien.

Gracias por tu esfuerzo y tiempo. Saludos. :)

It's sound like...

"Thanks for the addon. Didn't test yet but looks very good.

Thanks for you work and time. Cheers"

By the way: thanks for this add-on...

It looks very interesting

It's sound like...

"Thanks for the addon. Didn't test yet but looks very good.

Thanks for you work and time. Cheers"

By the way: thanks for this add-on...

It looks very interesting

Indeed and that´s correct. :)

Disregard... Question answered.

Edited by Zlin

Awesome stuff.

Had a play in the editor and works great.

One request, is it possible to have this as an add-in? So it does not need to be a module that needs to be placed when creating a mission.

I would like to use it in existing missions.