hey so been testing out the missions and im getting this error with eos

on the dedicated server it will lag people out and kick them out of the server but only some of them and than you cant join back up for several minutes

6:44:18 Error in expression <eosActv getVariable _cacheGrp;	
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
 6:44:18   Error position: <_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
 6:44:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _units
 6:44:18 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\EOScore.sqf, line 70
 6:44:18 Error in expression <restore - %2",_cacheGrp,_units];};};
if(_bMin>0)then{
_pos=[_mkr,true]call SHKpo>
 6:44:18   Error position: <_bMin>0)then{
 6:44:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bmin
 6:44:18 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\EOScore.sqf, line 73
 6:44:18 Error in expression <eosActv getVariable _cacheGrp;	
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>

i tested it on my hosting it on my system and i saw weird graphical errors when this started happening and i had massive frame rate drops and things parts of the town would disappear and reappear 

6:45:46 Deinitialized shape [Class: "VirtualMan_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\common\invisibleman.p3d";]
 6:45:48 Deinitialized shape [Class: "C_man_hunter_1_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\civil\c_hunter_f.p3d";]
 6:45:50 Server: Object 2:15848 not found (message Type_121)
 6:45:51 Server: Object 2:15848 not found (message Type_93)
 6:46:11 Server: Object 2:15848 not found (message Type_93)
 6:46:19 Server: Object 2:15714 not found (message Type_93)
 6:46:19 Server: Object 2:15713 not found (message Type_93)
 6:46:27 Server: Object 2:15848 not found (message Type_121)
 6:46:31 Server: Object 2:15848 not found (message Type_93)
 6:46:36 Server: Object 2:15714 not found (message Type_121)
 6:46:36 Server: Object 2:15713 not found (message Type_121)
 6:46:38 Deinitialized shape [Class: "Underwear_F"; Shape: "a3\characters_f\common\basicbody.p3d";]
 6:49:48 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly (repeated 0x in the last 60sec)
 6:49:48 name: Land_House_C_12_dam_EP1, shape: ca\structures_e\housec\house_c_12_dam_ep1.p3d, index: -1, matrices: 8

not sure if these are related or not .

one of the things we noticed when it would crash on the dedi it was when a cup truck was coming near it.

another time it crashed when i used spray paint.

this could all also be related to ace and the new update aswell.

here is the copy of my full rpt for it https://www.dropbox.com/s/a1hgxqs6z3286om/arma3_2017-01-20_14-50-17.mdmp?dl=0

I absolutely love the mission.  love the idea of the bazaar. love he base and how realistic it is and so did everyone else.

the shoot house doors wouldnt open and im not sure if your supposed to blow them or what not.

I wish there were more missions.

-A mission to defend the fob.

- eod mission will possible ambush.

- patrol mission.

- meet with local elders.

as a few more ideas

the link for the dedicated rpt https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm9edga6702ng6r/arma3server_2017-05-17_02-21-46.rpt?dl=0

1. Those graphical errors is most likely on you/server's end, since the mission has nothing to do with those files directly. Try verifying your game file's integrity on Steam and trying again.
  2. The EOS script errors are a known issue, not really sure how to fix it.  I have a feeling I'll need to totally rewrite EOS' core scripts, which I've been putting off forever.
  3. I had hoped that the 64-bit version of Arma 3 would fix the random crashing issues but I guess not.  I still have no clue what's causing it.  The quest to totally eliminate that bug continues...
  4. The shoothouse doors need to be breached with a claymore charge.
  5. SIDE NOTE: The frequency of the crashes, no matter what mods are enabled/disable, is totally random and I haven't found anything consistently reproducible about them yet.

Thanks for the feedback, it helps me fix these bugs.

So doing a lot more testing and for some reason the ai never shoots any of there rpgs at us. i loaded into an opfor unit in editor and they could not reload them

Error in expression <top _unit;
sleep .5;
_unit addMagazines[_gunMag,4];_unit addWeaponGlobal _gun;_u>
  Error position: <_gunMag,4];_unit addWeaponGlobal _gun;_u>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _gunmag
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\fn\civGun.sqf, line 45

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.CUP_8Rnd_9x18_Makarov_M'.
Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon CUP_8Rnd_9x18_Makarov_M with scope=private

Error in expression <eosActv getVariable _cacheGrp;	
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
  Error position: <_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _units
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\EOScore.sqf, line 70
Error in expression <restore - %2",_cacheGrp,_units];};};
if(_bMin>0)then{
  Error position: <_bMin>0)then{
  Error Undefined variable in expression: _bmin
File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\eos\core\EOScore.sqf, line 73
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
if(_bMin>0)then{
Server: Object 4:171 not found (message Type_121)
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
rhs_c_troops
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
rhs_c_troops
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
if(_bMin>0)then{
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
if(_bMin>0)then{
_bSize=[_units,_units];
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
_bMin=_bSize select 0;
i>
if(_bMin>0)then{

more rpt errors from dedicated.  also have noticed i dont seem to find any ieds at all or any vehicles vbied

when cache was destroyed the old markers did not disappear.

also said when cache was destroyed there were 5.5 left of and standard 6.

• Like 1

The IEDs do spawn, but sometimes they are really hard to find or spawn in remote areas (on roads, of course).

Working on fixing the script errors/bugs related to EOS, the civilians pulling out guns script, and cache/intel scripts.  Not sure why a fraction of a cache was reported alive, but I'll look into that too.  I apparently have a lot more to investigate and fix than I thought when I released version 1K.  Time to start updating the Steam thread's change-log!

like above cant get the mission to play on dedicated server. If I do get it to play people spawn in as seaguls, I have ran every mod listed and without and I just get different types of errors each time! Hosting from my PC no problems at all the only thing is I have to start over the next day or next time I play and that is rather annoying so I was hoping to get this running on my dedicated server but havnt had any luck! Mission is awesome and fun though! Hopefully you get the dedicated server side fixed! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to make this mission for us!

Also the CUP add ons I get "remove this or add keys error" on dedicated...hosting from PC no error at all. Confuses me lol 

Put -autoInit in server launch parameters

Put persistent=1; in server.cfg

55 minutes ago, phronk said:

Put -autoInit in server launch parameters

Put persistent=1; in server.cfg

that did the trick! its working! thanks

• Like 1

After doing several quick tests while working on fixing bugs, I noticed that I'm getting shot at by AI spawned in and on house positions.  In other words, no more dancing AI.  Could be a rare occurrence of the AI working for once, but it's possible BI fixed the conflict between setUnitPos "UP" and "SAFE" behavior.  If the dancing AI bug still occurs, then I can probably fix it by making all AI set to "AWARE" for the time being.

With that aside, I fixed a few bugs that've been around for a while and made some decent optimizations.  I'm putting a lot of time and effort into fixing the EOS related bugs, because they've been ignored for far too long...

• Like 2

awesome news. im looking for the next releases.  I wish you had the mission back up on github 

I don't know why I have such a hard time understanding GitHub and setting it up/updating it.  If someone else wants to micromanage it, that's fine with me, but I'm basically an idiot when it comes to that kind of shit lol.

I've done several solo tests on my dedicated server and client-hosted and it looks like I fixed the EOS bugs or at least greatly reduced the frequency of the bug appearing in the server's RPT log.  Now I'm working on fixing a small script error with the JTAC CAS script and investigating why the cache counter is reporting double the amount of actual caches destroyed.  After that, I'll start rewriting the ambient animals script to hopefully fix the RPT spam related to that.  I'd like to include a new side mission and reiterate the way the mission is streamlined to make it more visually appealing and guide players better.

HI,

I hope someone reply fast to this.

I wanted to play this mission on my own private server with my friend so not going to republish this or anything. We find that there are few enemies that spawn. How do I edit this to make more enemies spawn when we play and also add more enemy vechiles to spawn???????????? What files do I need to look at and which lines/commands/values needs changing?

Thank you

Hello Phronk i love this mission on Takistan I appreciate your work with your team and wish you continued success (Sorry for my English am from Germany) I also wanted to ask if there is an Altis version and where the link to the download and where I can download the Wip file

Thank you,

Progress on Takistan Insurgency is going really well.  A lot of bugs have been fixed and I'm still working on them and adding new small features.  It's not enough to justify a release just yet though, in my opinion.  I'd like to work on civilian AI a bit more before doing a release.

I'm working on an Altis Insurgency mission, but it's very different from Takistan Insurgency and is currently not as fun to play.  Plus, the Altis version is pretty buggy right now.  Once it's more balanced and a lot more stable, I'll consider releasing it.  I don't expect it to be ready any time soon though.  To answer your question, I don't upload WIP versions of my missions.  I like to release them when they're the most stable with a large number of fixes, optimizations, and other changes.  Otherwise, I'd get bombarded with complaints about how shitty the mission is.  Be patient and it'll be worth the wait.

• Like 1

It has been 2 months since I've posted anything related to Takistan Insurgency and 6 months since I've updated the mission, sorry for the silence.

I'd like to release an update to Takistan Insurgency within a couple weeks (hopefully less) which should address some of the bugs that've existed in the project for a while, plus many other changes.  Here's a sorta old video of my Call to Prayer script at work, now including praying locals!

The locals will pray at the correct times of day, based on prayer times in Kandahar, Afghanistan.  I plan on expanding upon this feature even more in the future.

Additionally, I've done some work on the JTAC's CAS Field System script, originally created by JW_Custom.  Instead of only having the option to drop a JDAM or a CBU, you can also call in the brrrrrrt of death:

Although my plan was to improve civilian and animal AI/behavior even further, it may be best to push those features to version 1M instead of the upcoming 1L version.

• Like 4

Sick mission man!

I fixed the player slot missing by doing the -autoInit

However, now I get an error upon loading that a vehicle class is missing a : 76n6ClamShell_EP1?!  Any ideas?

@dystopianNot sure why you got that error, but I'll look into it.  Maybe I fixed it already.

I rewrote the civilian questioning system in my Altis Insurgency (unreleased) mission and would like to port it to Takistan Insurgency.  Let me know what you guys think...

• Like 2

Version: 1L
Size: 3 MB

DOWNLOAD LINK - (Google Drive)

[ REQUIREMENTS: CUP_Terrains ]
[ OPTIONAL:
ACRE2 ; TFAR ; Taliban Fighters ; Tactical Beard ; CUP Weapons ; CUP_Units ; CUP_Vehicles ; RHS:USF ; RHS:RFAF ]

ADDITIONS:
• Updated: 'Addon-Free Arma Radio' script
• Updated: 'Combat Realism' scripts
• Updated: 'Simple I.E.D.' script

• Updated: Civilian questioning script

• Added: Civilian interactions script

• Added: JTAC can now order CAS to do a gunrun on target

• Added: Defined CfgDebriefing with 3 debriefings to mission

• Added: Delay to looping code which caches units in grids

• Added: Lobby parameter to toggle Stamina for players (Default: Enabled)

• Added: Leg pouch from Laws of War DLC to list of possible vests for insurgents

• Added: Expanded main base

• Added: Blast crater (2D decal) at position of IED blast, if triggered

• Added: "CAS is back on station" message for JTAC, when CAS action is available

• Added: Civilian vehicles may now contain passengers

• Added: Civilians near minaret pray on a prayer mat during Call to Prayer *WIP*

• Added: Zeus game master module; admin logged in controls Zeus

ADJUSTMENTS:

• Updated: Traffic script to include new CUP civilian vehicles

• Changed: In-editor mission settings defined

• Changed: CAS script is now initialized via initPlayerLocal.sqf

• Changed: Call to Prayer schedule is accurate to Kandahar, Afghanistan

• Merged: AI sounds are defined in a .hpp file, instead of the Description.ext

• Merged: HALO sounds are defined in a .hpp file, instead of the Description.ext

• Merged: Holster weapon code was merged with CRS

• Tweaked: All side objectives have randomized locations now

• Tweaked: Civilian vehicle speed limit raised to 10, up from 8

• Tweaked: Insurgents can shout when throwing grenades/smoke

• Tweaked: Suicide bomber's distance needed to explode increased to 3.8, up from 3

• Tweaked: Color-correction post-process effects

• Tweaked: Adjusted placement of some objects and added onto the base

• Tweaked: Disabled Dynamic Simulation of objects/units in base

• Tweaked: Insurgency logo is applied to sign without script commands

• Tweaked: Takistan Insurgency intro text size increased

• Tweaked: Briefing and Debriefing enabled

• Tweaked: Disabled wreckManager in Description.ext

FIXES:
• Fixed: RPT / script errors related to EOS (Thanks to sc)

• Fixed: RPT error related to randomize gear function selecting an empty string

• Fixed: Script error related to missing "pain5" sound

• Fixed: Script error related to "killAAA.sqf"

• Fixed: Script error related to "killVehs.sqf"

• Fixed: Script error related to "OnPlayerRespawn.sqf"

• Fixed: Script error related to incorrect CUP weapon pistol classname

• Fixed: Script error when aborting CAS

• Fixed: Script error when opening CAS Request menu

• Fixed: Typo in JTAC CAS script file "casMenu.hpp"

• Fixed: JTAC CAS's "snap to nearest target" works on dedicated server's now

• Fixed: Call to Prayer sound would only trigger when within 50m of a minaret

• Fixed: Weapons cache counter now reports correct number (Thanks to sc)

• Fixed: Side objective script should only initialize once

• Fixed: Tank platoon objective would try to reinforce units across the map

• Fixed: Missing semicolon in civilian traffic's "serverFN.sqf"

• Fixed: Civilians would continue to their waypoints, after fleeing into a house

• Fixed: Insurgents were missing grenades,  smoke grenades, FAKs, & radio

• Fixed: Incorrect script path defined in open/close map button for respawn window

• Fixed: Barracks doors weren't openable due to dynamic simulation

• Fixed: Incorrect value in "Allow NVG w/ Optics" lobby parameter

• Fixed: Garbage collection no longer deletes vehicles spawned at base

• Fixed: Garbage collection no longer deletes decorative base vehicles

• Fixed: Garbage collection no longer cleans up Blufor groups

• Fixed: Some base objects were set to hide 2x, causing errors

• Fixed: Reverted many simpleObjects at base to normal objects to prevent errors

• Fixed: Flickering of concrete surface near hangars on runway

OPTIMIZATIONS:

• Optimized: Merged the base guards' groups into one group

• Optimized: Replaced Arma 3 hescos surrounding base with Arma 2 hescos

• Optimized: Walls which surround the base are now comprised of less objects

• Optimized: Removed items from base vehicles, without script commands

• Optimized: Deleted unused "cantDo.ogg" audio file from mission

• Optimized: Deleted all code related to non-existent napalm feature in CAS script

• Optimized: Deleted "ais_marker.fsm"

• Optimized: Deleted "fn_diary.sqf" from A3 wounding script

• Optimized: Deleted redundant check in "map.sqf"

• Optimized: CAS script checks for specific unit, instead of a variable of units

• Optimized: CAS script's usage of the createVehicle command

• Optimized: Removed a large block of redundant code in "housePos.sqf" script

• Optimized: Added delay to EOS constantly checking for players in radius of grids

• Optimized: Replaced EOS's (select(floor(random _i))) code with selectRandom

• Optimized: Replaced set command with pushBack in EOS scripts

• Optimized: Spawning of insurgent vehicle passengers

• Optimized: Texture setting of offroads and technical

• Optimized: Simplified code which handles AI sitting near/on/in houses

• Optimized: Disabling of suicide bomber's AI features

• Optimized: Suicide bomber's animationState check

• Optimized: Suicide bomber's check for nearby Blufor troops

• Optimized: Suicide bomber's usage of the createVehicle command

• Optimized: Replaced enableSaving[false,false]; to enableSaving false;

• Optimized: Replaced set command with pushBack in EOS scripts

• Optimized: Removed offline singleplayer support from EOS height limit code

• Optimized: Removed redundant isPlayer check in EOS trigger condition

• Optimized: Removed unneeded side check when cache is destroyed

• Optimized: Removed unused public variable in cache script

• Optimized: Removed disabling of ambientAnimal behavior from agents at base

• Optimized: Removed cargo clearing code from all containers at base

• Optimized: Removed setCaptive code from all simpleObject vehicles at base

• Optimized: Shortened name "fnc" to "f" in the "fastRope.sqf"

• Optimized: Intel and caches are no longer logged into server's RPT file

• Optimized: Replaced a few if(isServer || isDedicated) checks, to if(isServer)

• Optimized: Cleaned up more "needless whitespaces" in scripts

REMOVALS:
• Removed: zealot111's 'Fast Rope' script

• Removed: zealot111's 'Field Repair' script

• Removed: 'CRS - Deafness' script (Not MP/dedi compatible yet)

• Removed: Most debug code from EOS scripts

• Removed: All debug code from intel/cache scripts

• Removed: Some redundant settings from the "Description.ext"

KNOWN BUGS:

• RPT errors related to civilian traffic script

• "Object not found" RPT log spam (Arma Bug)

• Players spawn as seagulls if -autoInit isn't defined in server launch parameters

• Players spawn as seagulls if persistent=1; isn't defined in server's server.cfg

NOTE: It has been exactly 5 years since I started playing the Arma series!  What better time to release an update?!  Please read the ReadMe.txt file included!  Be sure to add -autoInit to your server's init command line and add persistent=1; to your server's server.cfg to fix the seagull issue.  Please report any issues you have with the mission.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I made sure the mission worked fine with those parameters set before releasing the update and just confirmed that the mission works on my dedicated server.  Must be on your end, maybe an unnecessary ; after -autoInit or a missing one for persistent=1;?

I have a problem, when I start the mission on my dedicated server, I play, but if the mission starts, the mission is left without anyone and someone tries to enter later, he gets stuck on the "Reciving data" screen and can not join the mission, Do you know what it can be?

hi everybody :don11:i have a question, sry to take your time.

I play alone now... no more time for mult sniff... So i try to adapt this mission a little bit for my fun.

My probleme is > i cant reactive radio sound and text... i modifie hasardly lol > 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers"map.sqf";
setViewDistance(paramsArray select 6);setObjectViewDistance(paramsArray select 6);setTerrainGrid 50;setShadowDistance(paramsArray select 8);enableEnvironment[TRUE,true];
enableSentences TRUE;player disableConversation FALSE;player enableMimics false;
execVM"intro.sqf";
if(paramsArray select 9==1)then{
"colorCorrections"ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections"ppEffectAdjust[0.9,1,0,[0.1,0.1,0.1,-0.1],[1,1,0.85,0.4],[1,0.1,0,0]];
"colorCorrections"ppEffectCommit 0;};
execVM"info.sqf";
sleep 3;
if(isTFAR)then{[(call TFAR_fnc_ActiveSWRadio),7]call TFAR_fnc_setSwVolume;};
if(!isACE)then{
TCB_AIS_PATH="common\client\ais_injury\";[player]call compile preProcessFile(TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf");execVM"common\client\ais_injury\func\fn_ppFX.sqf";
sleep 5;
switch(paramsArray select 10)do{
case 0:{[true,[true,true,true,true],[0,true,true],[[1000],true,false]]execVM"common\client\vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";};
case 1:{[true,[true,true,true,true],[0,true,true],[[1000],true,true]]execVM"common\client\vip_lit\vip_lit_init.sqf";};};
[player]execVM"common\client\EP.sqf";};
player addEventHandler["GetInMan",{if((vehicle player!=player)&&(driver vehicle player==player)&&(vehicle player isKindOf"Car")||(vehicle player isKindOf"Air"))then{setViewDistance 4000;};}];
player addEventHandler["GetOutMan",{setViewDistance(paramsArray select 6);}];
sleep 3;
execVM"common\client\CAS\initCAS.sqf";
player addEventHandler["handleRating",{0}];
sleep 1;
if(paramsArray select 11==1)then{player enableStamina false;};
if(paramsArray select 7==48)then{
while{true}do{sleep 1;
if(player distance getMarkerPos"ah1"<300)then{if(getTerrainGrid==50)exitWith{sleep 10;};if(getTerrainGrid<50)then{setTerrainGrid 50;};};
if((getTerrainGrid==50)&&{(player distance getMarkerPos"ah1">300)})then{setTerrainGrid(paramsArray select 7);};sleep 10;};};

i know you are busy but can you tell me how to reactivate it ?

This is a great mission that I have been looking for at times, please do not stop with the project .... Do you want to do something with prayer also without the Mediterranean?

I would like to know if anyone else is having trouble with this last version of the mission, I put it on the dedicated server, but it does not leave the loading screen and I listen to the game environment.....