22 minutes ago, phronk said:

Really?  That's odd.  This is the link from the OP.  Does it take you to the 1i or 1J version?

Clicking the Insurgency picture at the top of the OP sends you to version 1i.

• Like 1

Ohhhh wow, didn't even realize it was hyperlinked in the first place.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Breaking News:

It is very likely there will NOT be an update at the end of this month, but some time afterwards.  This is due to several catastrophic/tragic events that have occurred in my life this month and it is forcing me into a position that must prioritize those issues first.  Because of the severity of the problems that I'm dealing with, this will likely effect my YouTube channel's activity until the problems are resolved.  I will eventually return in full-swing again and a much more serious take on scripting, my mission, and YouTube.  For now, I need to deal with life.  I'm sure you guys understand.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Oh man. Bummer. Sorry you're having IRL issues. Best of luck to you man and we'll all be here for you for your triumphant return.

All the best to you Phronk!

Hello,

Phronk, you did very nice job with this mission, I hope your IRL problems will be solved soon, Godspeed.

My question will be then for other players who tested on their server this Takistan Insurgency. For us it's very stable server side after a couple of tweaks, and most of the players of the team have a very good amount of FPS. But sometimes, we've got some very hard issues client side. We made a couple of tests, with mods, without mods, even in full Vanilla (except CUP for the map, workshop version). The most common scenario is a crash of the game, after a couple of minutes of playing, sometimes after a smoke grenade throwing. Sometimes we've got this error : 

Status access violation the memory can't be read or write

It happens to a couple of players having very good performances on other missions (even other Insurgencies) / maps / ... and we tried to make them optimize the game better to see if it's not coming from their computer, we also tried full windows clean install on one computer, solving nothing.

Tested Windows Allocator and TBBMALLOC_BI, not solving either, even if we saw some ameliorations with TBBMALLOC_BI.

If someone got an idea about that, or if we should wait for 1.67 to have x64 launcher probably solving most of the memory issues we can encounter in the game. (Supposing we are facing the memory leak quoted in the "3FPS bug" threads.).

Thanks a lot.

Calden

I've been trying to solve the memory issue for over a year with this mission.  I've made tremendous optimizations, fixed tons of bugs, and yet the memory crash always persists.  I've even gone as far as taking out nearly all scripts and testing the mission and it still exists.  Long story short, the game can't handle the mission sometimes.  I'm hopeful that the 64-bit client will resolve this damn bug once and for all, but we'll have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Yes you made very good improvements when we compare to other Insurgencies, and EOS is a very greedy script. Hope the 64 bits will help yes ! 

Take care.

[Development News]

Life is still kicking me in the balls, but I'm making progress with Takistan Insurgency again, trying to get it ready for its long overdue update.  The update introduces fixes, optimizations, and additional features to the mission.  I'm currently fixing some minor bugs and adding new side objectives.  My original intent with this update was to also include player-to-civilian interactions and expand on civilian behaviors, but those features will have to wait until the update after this upcoming one due to the amount of work involved; it'd take too much time.

For those of you who are interested in what's to come, here's a Change-Log for the unreleased WIP version of Takistan Insurgency 1K.

• Like 2

Hey @phronk hope life relaxes a little bit for you!

We loaded up this last night on our dedicated server and had a great time for the first few hours. Runs smooth as butter with everything cranked to ultra.

We did end up running into a bug in that when we would enter a red AO (there was two of us), civilian AI would spawn in and it would then turn to a blue AO within 5 secs. No resistance, no Taliban, nothing. 

We searched for Intel then moved on to another red zone and the same thing happened, no enemy AI to be found.

We tried several zones around the FOB and all of them were turning blue as soon as we would enter the zone. 

Any idea how to fix? We're running all of the recommended mods (no ace). 

We hope to find a fix and have taki insurgency running on the server for some time to come!

Cheers 

I believe I have fixed the issue; basically, the garbage collection script I was using wasn't deleting groups with 0 units in it, meaning that eventually the engine would meet the maximum number of groups (which the majority would be empty) and newly spawned units from EOS scripts wouldn't work.  The civilians worked because their groups are merged automatically in the script.  I wrote my own simple garbage collection script to also handle this and I haven't had the problem since.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, phronk said:

I believe I have fixed the issue; basically, the garbage collection script I was using wasn't deleting groups with 0 units in it, meaning that eventually the engine would meet the maximum number of groups (which the majority would be empty) and newly spawned units from EOS scripts wouldn't work.  The civilians worked because their groups are merged automatically in the script.  I wrote my own simple garbage collection script to also handle this and I haven't had the problem since.

Ok great! So to confirm will this fix come in the next update?

@ElliotMist Yes, the fix will be included in the next version, among several other fixes, optimizations, and additions to the mission.  The change-log link in the post above will show a list of what is to come.  If all goes according to plan, the update should come in a couple weeks -- at most.

• Like 2

I know how hard RL can throw stones in your way so i hope your path will be free soon, not just because of the Mission Update but because of a (relative) stress-free life. Still, those changelogs look amazing and i hope we can test it soon.

Just wanted to throw my experience in with the seagull thing - tried running this bad boy on a dedicated server, spawning as seagulls. Cleared and re-installed cup terrains (core and maps, only mod running), still seagulls. Will check dedicated server files next.

Add -autoInit to your server's init command line.  I have absolutely no idea why it happens.  You may want to add persistent=1; to your dedicated server's "server.cfg"

3 hours ago, phronk said:

Add -autoInit to your server's init command line.  I have absolutely no idea why it happens.  You may want to add -persistent=1; to your dedicated server's "server.cfg"

Wilco. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Had the same problem as "diadem", but we are trying to run a Kelly's custom map and the you spawn in as a seagull. But if we run the same setup just on a lakeside map it all works, so we can't figure out what the problem is. We got this log from the server - 

I don't think I'm getting that script error at all in the current version I'm using (unreleased).  As for the seagull issue, read the post above to fix it. (add -autoInit to server.cfg)

The mission will most likely get updated this weekend.

• Like 1

Hello, reporting back. Adding -autoInit and persistence worked. Thank you very much. What an odd issue.

• Like 1

Version: 1K
Size: 2.6 MB

Download Link (Google Drive)
Download Link (Armaholic - TBD)

[ REQUIREMENTS: CUP_Terrains ]
[ OPTIONAL: ACRE2 ; TFAR ; Taliban Fighters ; Tactical Beard ; CUP Weapons ; CUP_Units ; CUP_Vehicles ; RHS:USF ; RHS:RFAF]

ADDITIONS:
Added: Insurgents/civilians will automatically use RHS:RFAF content if host runs it

• Added: TPW's dynamic spawning animals script *WIP*

• Added: Explosive damage to player cause brief deafness/blurry vision (If ACE isn't on)

• Added: New side mission to destroy a hostile tank platoon

• Added: New side mission to destroy a hostile anti-aircraft vehicle

• Added: More red grids to clear

• Added: More random patrols in mountains, valleys, etc.

• Added: Civilians can wander into houses

• Added: Civilians will sometimes run into a house to hide if they hear gunshots

• Added: Civilians will play a random frightened animation when they hear gunshots

• Added: 4 new additional faces for insurgents/civilians

• Added: Buses to civilian traffic list, if CUP Vehicles is enabled

• Added: Guards at base will now use RHS:USF content, if host is running it

• Added: More atmospheric details to main base

• Added: Bazzaar outside of base *WIP*

• Added: Teamkill events will be logged into RPT file

• Added: Contextual respawn point markers (Infantry, motorized, etc.)

ADJUSTMENTS:

• Updated: 'Addon-Free Arma Radio' script

• Changed: Rewrote armed civilians script

• Changed: Color of respawn point markers to ColorBlufor

• Changed: EOS only runs on the server now

• Tweaked: Large blue map marker covering base is now 35% visible

• Tweaked: Increased size of several red grid squares

• Tweaked: Loy Manara activation distance reduced to 175 meters, down from 500 meters

• Tweaked: Increased amount of civilians spawned in houses in Loy Manara

• Tweaked: Reduced chance for a civilian to be armed to 10%, down from 15%

• Tweaked: Reduced chance parked vehicle is a VBIED to 20%, down from 30%

• Tweaked: Increased number of potential VBIEDs

• Tweaked: IEDs and VBIEDs can spawn in more areas

• Tweaked: Insurgents patrols can come much closer to the northern sector of the base

• Tweaked: Increased AI overall combat skill values

• Tweaked: Enemy only pops white smoke when their ally gets wounded, instead of colored smoke

• Tweaked: Civilians cannot be wounded

• Tweaked: Removed satchel charge requirement to destroy insurgent cell tower

• Tweaked: Vehicles spawned in side missions are CUP and RHS compatible

• Tweaked: Increased variety of static weapons possible to spawn in side mission areas

• Tweaked: Increased vehicle respawn delay to 15 minutes, up from 5 minutes

• Tweaked: Player is less likely to black in and out when severely injured

• Tweaked: Player is less likely to become unconscious when severely injured

• Tweaked: Improved animations of player passing out and waking up

• Tweaked: Reduced volume when earplugs are in to 20%, down from 40%

• Tweaked: Increased CAS flyInHeight to 700 meters, up from 350 meters

FIXES:
• Fixed: RHS Russian content could activate by running RHS:USF

• Fixed: Rebel civilians shoot players again

• Fixed: Tower for "Destroy Tower" side mission was indestructible

• Fixed: Side mission could be selected again after it had been completed earlier

• Fixed: If respawning player is a Medic and doesn't have a Medikit, it will be given to him

• Fixed: JTAC no longer gets duplicated CAS Request addActions after respawning

• Fixed: JTAC's CAS bombs have much better line-of-sight of target and shouldn't fall short

• Fixed: Minor script error related to AI getting wounded

• Fixed: Script / RPT error spam related to a lone AI getting wounded

• Fixed: Civilian traffic should be able to go through base bar gates instead of going around

• Fixed: Civilians would pull out weapon to engage blufor wheeled vehicles

• Fixed: Memory leak related to rebel civilians script

• Fixed: "Trying to add inventory item with empty name to object [Civilian]"

• Fixed: Destroying a religious structure will globally broadcast who destroyed it

• Fixed: Killing an armed civilian or suicide bomber would count as an innocent casualty

• Fixed: Welcome hint after mission intro is now properly centered

• Fixed: Player's camera wouldn't properly spectate his respawn points

• Fixed: Couldn't zero any weapons correctly

• Optimized: GetIn/GetOut eventHandlers for pilots

• Optimized: Garbage collection script rewritten to not use variables

• Optimized: Garbage collection script now deletes empty groups

• Optimized: Replaced ambient units in base with agents

• Optimized: Replaced IED script with simple lightweight IED script

• Optimized: Replaced custom "cantDo" sound from CAS script with a default Arma 3 sound

• Optimized: Default Arma 3 ambient life (Rabbits, snakes, insects) are disabled

• Optimized: Call to Prayer script is more efficient and simple

• Optimized: Global broadcast message for religious structure destruction

• Optimized: Spawned AI side check now uses switch structure, instead of if()then{}else{}

• Optimized: Rebel civilians script now uses switch structure, instead of if()then{}else{}

• Optimized: VBIED script now uses switch structure, instead of if()then{}else{}

• Optimized: Simplified code in Suicide Bomber script

• Optimized: AI wounding script only works for opfor / independent units

• Optimized: Code checks configs for addons only once on init

• Optimized: Utilized disableAI "ALL" command for spawning AI in random objectives scripts

• Optimized: Replaced BIS_fnc_selectRandom with selectRandom

• Optimized: Shortened name of variables/functions for side missions scripts

• Optimized: Shortened name of script/variables/functions for rebel civilians script

• Optimized: Deleted all unneeded code in rebel civilians script

• Optimized: Shortened name of bar gates at entrance of base

• Optimized: IR strobe .hpp files

• Optimized: Respawn point markers are now static and no longer rotate

REMOVED:
• Replaced: BangaBob's 'COS' script with 'Engima's Civilians' script

• Replaced: Laxemann's 'L_Civs' civilian traffic script with Engima's 'Engima's Traffic' script

• Replaced: brian200's roadside IED script with a much simpler one

• Replaced: wolfenswan's rebel civilians script with a much simpler one

• Replaced: Aeroson's cleanup script with a much simpler one

• Replaced: Lobby parameter to toggle civilians/traffic, with ambient animals

• Removed: Lobby parameter to toggle enableEnvironment

• Removed: 654wak654's single-shot disposable launcher script

• Removed: Stealthstick's 'Bullet Wind Simulation' script

• Removed: Unused "Bastion" scripts from EOS

• Removed: Debug code from rebel civilians script

• Removed: Some irrelevant/obsolete credentials from credits

KNOWN BUGS:

• Players spawn as seagulls, if -autoInit is not in server's init command line

• RPT log error spam related to ambient animals script on dedicated server
    (Temporary Workaround: Add -noLogs to your server's init)

NOTE: Please read the ReadMe.txt file included! Although ACE is somewhat compatible with this mission, it is still an extremely early work-in-progress effort and will be done more properly in the next update.  Please report any issues you have with the mission.  Also, the bug with AI raising/lowering their weapon is an Arma bug.

• Like 2

I had a neat idea, something i wanted to make but in my 60 hour work weeks i havent had the time to invest in it but i thought it would be neat if some of the towns on a pure random basis each time the mission was loaded did not have any insurgents as where others would and again this could change each time the mission was loaded again to keep you guessing. 

AND my main request, that you add opfor slots for a few players to insert with the opfor to make things that much more difficult for blufor.  

will be testing it out tonight, thank you for all your hard work!!!!!

The first idea was in place in the early stages of the mission's development, but players would end up really disappointed the city/town was uninhabited by hostiles, especially after they setup a whole plan of their insertion, assault, and extraction.  I have considered the idea of making all of the grid markers invisible though, but clearing the grids gives a sense of accomplishment to the mission at the moment while there are no real meaningful objectives to complete just yet.  The side missions are okay, but everything will be more worthwhile whenever I get around to adding better saved progression.

One of the final things on my To Do List is implement PVP as it was in the Arma 2 insurgency mission, where a couple Opfor players can switch to any active Opfor AI insurgent and go from there to protect the caches from Blufor players.

Currently taking a break for the most part from working on Takistan Insurgency due to an ArmA bug causing a lot of the insurgents to dance with their guns up when they acquire a target.  The issue is related to a conflict between setUnitPos and safe behavior with AI.  Someone has already reported it, so I'm just waiting for the fix while I improve my scripts.

Hey my idea wasn't to remove any red grids I want them all there, I want the blufor to act and assume like any grid could be hostile its the unknown that would be neat and or to just see some civvies walking around.  maybe perhaps we can add a delay on how fast it takes a red grid to change to green once its been cleared.  it would still be cleared but it would take longer to change colors.

I did see this bug when i tested in editor, hopefully it get fixed in the next patch.

And yes I have experienced the issue with opfor players not knowing where the blufor players are my groups old way to handle this was through allowing opfor to teleport ever 5 minutes as long as they were not within a certain proximity to the blufor.  but that can still leave you hanging for quite a while.  ***an easy solution to this issue or something that would help solve it at least would be using aces spawn into ai option.  This would allow them only to spawn into ai slots that blufor have spawned from being in close proximity to grids.  The only issue with that is wont allow opfor to setup ambushes on caches and ieds.  my only solution to that would be to offer 2 different type of opfor slots.  one for ambushing and one to spawn into ai, allowing the opfor to choose there slot and or there role.

other ideas was that opfor could talk to civilians that would tell them what towns they heard blufor were in.

Hopefully we can find a balance for this as its a big feature and a release I have yet to see accomplished well and was one of the best aspects from arma 2 ace insurgency.