Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

13 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

I'm trying to get choppers to spawn on top of these platforms but of course they are on the ground. Any kind of trickery? I'll ask on the general forums as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pn78x6i3bf6laq/Chopper pad.jpg?dl=0

It can be done, but the chopper needs 2.831 in the Z axis when it is spawned.

ohCqQeh.png

I set down a Helipad_Empty_F

I looked all through the Pigrimage files but I didn't see where I could force that on to it. Can yo tell me where those parameters are?

Heli is Mi-48 KAJMAN IIRC. Search for that word?

Since there are various places where these can spawn, the Z will most likely be different making that idea more difficult I think.

the chopper needs 2.831 in the Z axis when it is spawned.

Each spawn of a chopper could and probably does spawn on different elevations depending on which stronghold it calls for.

JRInit.sqf:

for "_m" from 1 to 2 do
	{
	_bCampPosIx = floor (random (count RYD_JR_MCamps));
	_bCPos = RYD_JR_MCamps select _bCampPosIx;
	RYD_JR_ActualStrongholds pushBack _bCPos;
	_tc = [+_bCPos] call RYD_JR_BigCamp;
	RYD_JR_MCamps set [_bCampPosIx,0];
	RYD_JR_MCamps = RYD_JR_MCamps - [0];
	RYD_JR_StrongPos pushBack [_bCPos,_tc];

_bAFPosIx = floor (random (count RYD_JR_AirFields));
	_afPos = RYD_JR_AirFields select _bAFPosIx;
	RYD_JR_ActualAirfields pushBack _afPos;
	_tc = [+_afPos] call RYD_JR_Airfield;
	RYD_JR_AirFields set [_bAFPosIx,0];
	RYD_JR_AirFields = RYD_JR_AirFields - [0];
	RYD_JR_StrongPos pushBack [_afPos,_tc];
	};

_afPos is the spawn pos for the chopper. So you have to manipulate its third coord here (by _afPos set [2,_myElevation];). On the same position empty helipad is spawned. I can only hope, "Land" waypoint will work properly with helipads located on the above-ground surface. _bAFPosIx holds 0-based index of given airfield location stored in the RYD_JR_Airfields, so basing on this index you may define proper elevation but note, chosen location is removed from RYD_JR_Airfields, so indexes of the rest may change. Other possibility is to determine, which airfield, by distance check petween chosen position and the one corresponding for given elevation value.  

Even easier would be to go there:

RYD_JR_AirFields = 
	[
	[11501.8,11653.8,0],
	[14769.5,16315.1,0],
	[9127.23,21475.3,0],
	[21117.2,7308.47,0],
	[23154.3,18635,0],
	[26975.8,24697.1,0]
	];

and simply manually insert desired elevation instead of zeroes. 

Note however, same position in the RYD_JR_Airfield function is used as referense point for other things as well, so no 100% sure, if/what may be disrupted by elevating it above the ground. 

[6950.602,2579.729,0],        //Airfield
    [5595.645,4183.228,2.832],    //Airfield
    [6079.564,6716.301,3.860],    //Airfield
    [1534.797,6101.911,0]        //Airfield

works great

I only have two huge issues left to tackle

1) CP's ,.....however with this terrain (Prei) being smaller it may not be very important. HC's and Garrisons at 75% or higher will still give the player plenty of trouble.

2) Disabling default arma units weapons and vehicles.

This one is something I will work on finding a solution. Authenticity is what I'm after.

I've changed the HC boxes and replaced them with others. The original box that contained loot was called "Box_IND_WpsSpecial_F" . I've searched every file and it only lists it once, that is in the camp stuff.

How is this box told to have random loot placed into it?

Follow RYD_JR_CampStuff lead. This way you'll find RYD_JR_Sherwood function, and there:

if (RYD_JR_RealLoot) then
							{
							[_veh,true] call RYD_JR_AddLootSingle
							};

So it will add some loot to this box (_veh), but only, if is chosen realistic loot distribution mode. 

I get the gist of what you're saying but not comprehending it in detail. I guess where I'm coming from is, I switched the smaller of the two crates that you had, ( which held the loot), and simply switched it to a different box. This may sound like a silly question, nevertheless, are ammo boxes and crates designated for certain factions? , Or do crates and boxes have particular functions ie dummies or usable?

When I switch back to your original box and test it, it ends up being jam-packed full of gear, rather than just a rifle and a few clips of ammo as has been the norm. I haven't touched any data concerning those crates, all I did was switch your box to the one that I wanted to switch to use. RYD_JR_Campstuff. Incidentally I'm using realistic

Simple replacing one box class to another in tha campStuff array definitelly shouldn't in any way affect the code, that makes it empty and then fills with custom/random loot, unless I don't know something. That emptying code is very simple:

clearItemCargo _veh;
clearWeaponCargo _veh;
clearMagazineCargo _veh;

I see no room for any anomalies here and code should work same way, no matter, what's the class of the box, here called _veh. I see no other way, than logic was altered somehow as well. That much I can tell without seeing the code and own testing.

Unless by "switch the box to another" you mean not, as should be, only changing class in the RYD_JR_CampStuff array, but messing iwth Sherwood function code anyhow, deleting spawned box and spawning different instead for example. Then described result is perfectly possible. 

Or unless you anyhow changed count of elements in the RYD_JR_CampStuff array - added something or removed. Above emptying code is done specifically for 10th index (11th element) of the camp stuff array:

case (10) : 

Hey Ryd

I was playing my Malden port, found an abandoned Ifrit GMG. What I've noticed for the first time ever is that I can rearm the Ifrit at any HC I establish or from the one I upack.

Was this intended all along or now a glitch?

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Hey Ryd

I was playing my Malden port, found an abandoned Ifrit GMG. What I've noticed for the first time ever is that I can rearm the Ifrit at any HC I establish or from the one I upack.

Was this intended all along or now a glitch?

That's always been the case (on realistic loot setting anyway) and at the box at checkpoints too. 

I don't want to spoil anything, but in Laws Of War DLCs mini campaign (on dev branch), they are obviously refering to Pilgrimage theme...

Ha ha, indeed. :) From the beginning, rather too much for a coincidence. I'm touched. 

Wow. Watch a video just now. "Find your brother at the church".  Did you get any kind of mention or credit? You should have.

Don't know, just started so far. And so far - best piece of official SP gameplay in A3 to me. I love the calm pace, fresh point of view (literally, previously in Arma you'll rather never devote so much attention to the grass at your feets), mature, retrospective, well done and innovative narration, such kind of immersion and new features around mines... No cons so far. I'll see hopefully this weekend, what's next. 

Frankly, I do not expect any credits because of this small "wink", I rather tend to consider this reference as nice kind of mentioning or gesture of appreciation, if you prefer. That is, assuming it indeed isn't just a coincidence, but it would be highly unlikely. To put it simply - it made me smiling. 

Does Pilgrimage 1.95 include any of your other AI scripting, such as Artemis or Civilian Behavior Controller?

Pilgrimage includes Fire For Effect AI artillery handler and so called "Angry Spartan", that controls Mad Stomper. These two was standalone AI scripts included into main code. CBC would be simply too CPU-hungry, too much as for needs, thus I rather wrote dedicated piece of civilian controller, much lighter - SCA, Simple Civilian Ambience. As for Artemis, hard to find use for it, it requires animal-like subject with full human-like behaviours implemented. It's also pretty heavy as for computations. Who knows, maybe someday in the next project... So far it was used once, in the Ngwa-Ngwa-Dinta small scenario, which probably is broken, because it was using early version of the raptors mod. 

I love the civilian behavior in Pilgrimage, so Simple Civilian Ambience is great!  So the enemy AI behavior is all vanilla other than the arty and Mad Stomper? 

Yes, apart from that AI behavior is vanilla except calling reinforcements, but that just adding a waypoint, and stuff like patrol loops (also waypoint-based), tracking the player behavior etc. But no low level AI alterations (unless you count surrendering). 

SCA indeed satisfies me, I'm glad, you like it. CBC was more about experiment, complex analytics, many factors calculated per each civilian, some mob behaviors... 

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Don't know, just started so far. And so far - best piece of official SP gameplay in A3 to me. I love the calm pace, fresh point of view (literally, previously in Arma you'll rather never devote so much attention to the grass at your feets), mature, retrospective, well done and innovative narration, such kind of immersion and new features around mines... No cons so far. I'll see hopefully this weekend, what's next. 

Ok, but will there be COOP ?!!!  :rotfl:

Discovering that vehicles could rearm at hidden camps changed everything for me - in a very positive way.

The surrendering behavior of AI in tough circumstances is one of the many crucial, and perfectly implemented, aspects of Pilgrimage that greatly enhance SP gameplay and make it unique from that of vanilla A3 combat. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, alky_lee said:

That's always been the case (on realistic loot setting anyway) and at the box at checkpoints too. 

I'm pretty sure that vehicle rearming works on Normal loot distribution settings also.

Question:  when configuring settings at mission outset, some settings have initials in parens after them, like "LOW (VL)" or "HIGH (L)."  What do those initials stand for?

If you would hover mouse cursor over the setting, there should appear a tooltip with some explanation. For example (L) in the ambient combat setting means, that for given area there's always only limited total count of AC groups to spawn (IIRC up to 10 spawns in 2600 meters radius around player's position), meaning, you can permanently clear given area from enemy presence. Without L - AC spawn for given place wouldn't stop, there may appear new group no matter, how many was spawned and killed there already. Of course, there's always a limit controlled by intensity setting, how many of them may be present at once. 

Got it, thanks.  For AC tooltip, the "L" is now clear.  I had thought the L referred to the LOW setting, and not the (L), as that appeared to be the case for the Loot distribution tooltip. 

For Loot distribution tooltip, there is no explanation of the "(NW)," and explanations are given for the abbreviated settings themselves.  However, it looks like the end of the tooltip may be cut off on the screen.  Is there a way I can read the entire tooltip?  The GUI cannot be moved.