Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

There are various reasons possible. I paste Steam Pilgrimage's FAQ:

That's the wisdom on this topic, I collected from all the feedback so far. 

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, none of them apply to my situation, which is this: I was playing non-steam Pilgrimage Chernarus 1.94 on the Stable branch of Arma. I was killed. When I attempted to load my last save, the mission exited and went back to the Scenario screen. Trying to resume the mission from the scenario screen resulted in the same thing. So, no game update, no mission update, no change of mods, no Workshop. However, I do have mods, so I'll try to replicate without mods loaded.

any error message in your RPT ?

I had NoLogs on, but after removing RHS and the ACE RHS Compatability pbos, it seems like I can save and load again.

@ rsoftokz

We completed Pilgrimage_COOP_194B6V122aTE.Tanoa.pbo twice to find the stomper inactive and sometimes damaged. It appears that the stomper is not of the original mod. Did you happen to change it which may have broken it's ability to move and shoot? If so, how change it back?

Here are pictures of what we see. We can even enter the stomper but can not control it.

arma3_2016_11_13_10_27_09_014.jpgphoto uploading

arma3_2016_11_13_10_27_40_489.jpggif hosting

arma3_2016_11_13_10_28_47_956.jpghosting images

Thanks

Been getting 100% reproduceable CTD with out of memory errors at mission init with recent DEV branch, no mods and your latest unaltered version of the Altis mission (1.94).

It has been a bit painful to isolate the cause but there it is finally:

_expression = "((waterDepth factor [1,1.4])/(1 + waterDepth)) * ((randomGen(houses factor [0.1,0.6]))/(1 + houses))";
_value = selectBestPlaces [_mapC,_rds,_expression,1,12];

If I increase the precision from 1 to 10, no more CTD. Haven't tried any values in between.

_value = selectBestPlaces [_mapC,_rds,_expression,10,12];

Thanks for your testing. IIRC this is the code for extra empty boats placement across the shores, at some piers. If, anything, that causes this error, will pass to the stable branch, thanks to you I'll know, what's the fix. I hope, extended precision doesn't spoil boat placement. 

@ rsoftokz

We completed Pilgrimage_COOP_194B6V122aTE.Tanoa.pbo twice to find the stomper inactive and sometimes damaged. It appears that the stomper is not of the original mod. Did you happen to change it which may have broken it's ability to move and shoot? If so, how change it back?

Here are pictures of what we see. We can even enter the stomper but can not control it.

arma3_2016_11_13_10_27_09_014.jpgphoto uploading

arma3_2016_11_13_10_27_40_489.jpggif hosting

arma3_2016_11_13_10_28_47_956.jpghosting images

Thanks

I looked into this and it appears BI changed the UGV Stomper model. I did not open Ryd's version of Altis because the editor wanted to convert it to the new editor format and I thought it might break it.

When I open Tanoa version of Pilgrimage I see the different Stomper model (IMO) than what was used/seen in the original Pilgrimage Altis. The two options now for the Stomper model shown below.

arma3_2016_11_19_08_49_40_204.jpgclick image upload

Any thoughts how to fix this?

On Tanoa, the Stomper is floating in the air.

arma3_2016_11_19_08_51_13_649.jpgprint screen windows 7

Stomper is plain editor-placed vehicle, so likely was copied and pasted for Tanoa port. Opened original Pilgrimage, and I see same Stomper, as this armed on your pics, which IMO is the same, as always ("B_UGV_01_rcws_F"). But whatever - for scripts matter the editor name of it (RYD_JR_AI) and what's inside its init field: this setVariable ["RYD_AS_Mobile",true];this setCaptive true;. 

Exactly in the linked moment of this footage you can see Stomper from old version and compare. It's same to me.

Link

File
Init.sqf
after
//////
//player setCaptive true;
//player allowdamage false;
//RYD_JR_AI setDamage 1;
//////
add highlighted in blue
RYD_JR_AI allowdamage false;

File
MainLoop.sqf
after
if not (RYD_JR_AIRogued) then
       {
       RYD_JR_AIRogued = true;
       RYD_JR_AI addRating -100000;
       RYD_JR_AI setCaptive false;
add highlighted in blue
       RYD_JR_AI allowdamage true;

Umm Yea, you are right after I went back and looked at this.  https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163307-sp-pilgrimage/page-135#entry3015779

I thought maybe since it was inactive now in two play troughs  COOP I thought it was broken due to new model. Dunno why it's broke in Tanoa.

You video link gives

404 Not Found

Thanks for replying.

File

Init.sqf

after

//////

//RYD_JR_AI setDamage 1;

//////

add highlighted in blue

File

MainLoop.sqf

after

{

RYD_JR_AIRogued = true;

add highlighted in blue

What does this do?

404 Not Found

Corrected. Blue lines switch off and on Stomper's destructibility.

I am trying out the 1.94 Altis mission on the 1.66RC branch and got this crash. The fix managed to get the mission to load, but it hung around the point where it had been crashing before continuing to successfully load. It didn't seem to affect the placement of the boat I found in Pyrgos.

The mission has other problems though, although nothing major. The sidechat for radio messages is stating "Game Logic" instead of "RADIO". After capturing a hideout and packing it into my vehicle, when I unpacked it and then packed it again part of the camp was left behind, but basically the ammo boxes. I also have problems with the AI companion instantly teleporting back to the boat when I try to access his inventory or get him to pick up a weapon using the command menu. He just disappears, and when I use team switch, I find him sitting back in the boat.

Been getting 100% reproduceable CTD with out of memory errors at mission init with recent DEV branch, no mods and your latest unaltered version of the Altis mission (1.94).

It has been a bit painful to isolate the cause but there it is finally:

_expression = "((waterDepth factor [1,1.4])/(1 + waterDepth)) * ((randomGen(houses factor [0.1,0.6]))/(1 + houses))";
_value = selectBestPlaces [_mapC,_rds,_expression,1,12];

If I increase the precision from 1 to 10, no more CTD. Haven't tried any values in between.

_value = selectBestPlaces [_mapC,_rds,_expression,10,12];
Edited by alky_lee

Well, we will see, how it will be with next stable version. Perhaps precision may be increased even more without harm, say 20. But I hope, they'll not pass such issues into stable branch. 

In the meantime... I got some feedback, so combining original Pilgrimage stuff and Tanoa/other unofficial ports stuff in the single thread makes a bit of mess, as sometimes is hard to distinguish, if given feedback/bug report/request etc. concerns Altis or Tanoa or other Pilgrimage port. 

Just for information, as for me, unofficial port authors are welcome to write here their stuff as usual, but also I have nothing against separate threads concerning their ports - do, as you prefer, guys. I may only humbly suggest, if we combine matters of all the ports here, good idea may be to make crystal clear, which port given post applies to. 

• Like 2

:huh:  I've crossed the Stromper's path several time when playing my modded mission for Tanoa and it was always active..... at least on SP mission.

I have to check out the COOP files but  I didn't remember to have changed a single thing about the UGV (just copy and past original missions files to the newer map and adapt some markers sizes)

I will try to find time to figure it out ASAP.

SP mission.sqm about the stromper:

class Item14
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="West";
			class Entities
			{
				items=2;
				class Item0
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
						position[]={14519.394,37.348366,10160.751};
					};
					side="West";
					class Attributes
					{
						name="RYD_JR_AID";
					};
					id=17;
					type="B_UAV_AI";
					atlOffset=6.7996674;
				};
				class Item1
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
					};
					side="West";
					flags=2;
					class Attributes
					{
						name="RYD_JR_AIG";
					};
					id=18;
					type="B_UAV_AI";
					atlOffset=6.7996674;
				};
			};
			class Attributes
			{
			};
			class CrewLinks
			{
				class LinkIDProvider
				{
					nextID=2;
				};
				class Links
				{
					items=2;
					class Item0
					{
						linkID=0;
						item0=17;
						item1=19;
						class CustomData
						{
							role=1;
						};
					};
					class Item1
					{
						linkID=1;
						item0=18;
						item1=19;
						class CustomData
						{
							role=2;
							turretPath[]={0};
						};
					};
				};
			};
			id=16;
			atlOffset=6.7889309;
		};
		class Item15
		{
			dataType="Object";
			class PositionInfo
			{
				position[]={14519.394,39.412613,10160.479};
			};
			side="West";
			flags=2;
			class Attributes
			{
				skill=0.60000002;
				ammo=0.94325274;
				init="this setVariable [""RYD_AS_Mobile"",true];this setCaptive true;";
				name="RYD_JR_AI";
			};
			id=19;
			type="B_UGV_01_rcws_F";
			atlOffset=6.7889309;
		};

COOP mission.sqm about the Stromper:

class Item12
		{
			dataType="Group";
			side="West";
			class Entities
			{
				items=2;
				class Item0
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
					};
					side="West";
					class Attributes
					{
						name="RYD_JR_AID";
					};
					id=17;
					type="B_UAV_AI";
					atlOffset=6.7996674;
				};
				class Item1
				{
					dataType="Object";
					class PositionInfo
					{
					};
					side="West";
					flags=2;
					class Attributes
					{
						name="RYD_JR_AIG";
					};
					id=18;
					type="B_UAV_AI";
					atlOffset=6.7996674;
				};
			};
			class Attributes
			{
			};
			id=16;
			atlOffset=6.7996674;
		};
		class Item13
		{
			dataType="Object";
			class PositionInfo
			{
				position[]={14519.394,39.412613,10160.479};
			};
			side="Empty";
			class Attributes
			{
				skill=0.60000002;
				ammo=0.94325274;
				init="this setVariable [""RYD_AS_Mobile"",true];this setCaptive true;";
				name="RYD_JR_AI";
			};
			id=19;
			type="B_UGV_01_rcws_F";
			atlOffset=6.7889309;
		};

as you can see this part of the code in SP dissapeared in COOP

class Attributes
			{
			};
			class CrewLinks
			{
				class LinkIDProvider
				{
					nextID=2;
				};
				class Links
				{
					items=2;
					class Item0
					{
						linkID=0;
						item0=17;
						item1=19;
						class CustomData
						{
							role=1;
						};
					};
					class Item1
					{
						linkID=1;
						item0=18;
						item1=19;
						class CustomData
						{
							role=2;
							turretPath[]={0};
						};
					};
				};
			};
			id=16;
			atlOffset=6.7889309;
		};

this might explain why it is inactive.....

the matter is the newest sqm syntaxe for Apex....

I will try to see if I can fix it and if it is the reason why the Stromper seems to be inactive in COOP.

(it seems as we discussed sooner the  UGV are now driven by Invisible AIs and this invisible AI is not present in the mission.sqm COOP )

• Like 1

Well, we will see, how it will be with next stable version. Perhaps precision may be increased even more without harm, say 20. But I hope, they'll not pass such issues into stable branch. 

In the meantime... I got some feedback, so combining original Pilgrimage stuff and Tanoa/other unofficial ports stuff in the single thread makes a bit of mess, as sometimes is hard to distinguish, if given feedback/bug report/request etc. concerns Altis or Tanoa or other Pilgrimage port. 

Just for information, as for me, unofficial port authors are welcome to write here their stuff as usual, but also I have nothing against separate threads concerning their ports - do, as you prefer, guys. I may only humbly suggest, if we combine matters of all the ports here, good idea may be to make crystal clear, which port given post applies to. 

I'm agree we could open a separate thread about Pilgrimage ports. 

how do you prefer we do this ???

each autor of a port open a thread ?

or you, as you are "the one" who created Pilgrimage and deserve the most parts of credits for this in the ports, are willing to open a special Pilgrimage "ports" thread ???

Nah, I have no desire nor right really to be an overseer for such threads. :) I would like to make it simpliest - if you wish start a new thread for your port discussion - feel free to create a new, very own thread, simply as that. Same for any other port authors - all up to you, how you prefer, here, or in the own thread... or both.  And we'll see, how it works. 

I have to say I always feel uncomfortable when people ask here for specific Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition issue.....almost if it is about modifications I made and not about Pilgrimage "core"...

But It is also Pilgrimage "core" most of time and a way to help people (and I each day ) to learn about the magic of your scripting, 

that is on my opinion something very "elegant".

I mean  there should have been a way to make it almost the same with BI tools and editor ( or  maybe not ;)  ), or something close to this, but all of that scripting closely dependant to one each other for the "core" ( mainloop, JRInit and JR_fnc)is something like magical to my eyes....

and a challenge to add the modifications I'd like to bring without breaking a single thing and all of this magic ( but to say the truth it is most of the time spent to break all things and to figure out why, when and how.. :D .)

well.... it is 50/50 situation......yes I'd like to have others guys insight before taking a decision.

My two cents worth:

This thread is called [sP] Pilgrimage, so,

1) call the new thread, [AV] Pilgrimage .......All variations of Pilgrimage

2) write a brief intro about who created the original mission (with a link). You might even state that the original SP version will stay the way it is per Ryd's vision.

3) continue the intro explaining why the new thread is being started and what you (we) hope to achieve.

I think it may be useful to separate the unofficial ports into a new thread just to avoid confusion. I don't think each port needs its own thread.

I applied to fix for the crash to Vafana's original Tanoa port. It got the mission to start, but I think the figures may need tweaking a bit. https://twitter.com/aky071/status/802360215870046208

Regarding the Stomper on the Tanoa port, tonight I found the UAV terminal. The Stomper was on an island in NW Altis which I hadn't been anywhere near. Although the turret works on it, the engine is kaput. This seems to be always the case on Tanoa.

wGYSLH2.png

alky_lee

‎Попробуйте‎
‎Pilgrimage.Tanoa‎
‎ЕÑли вы заметили, что что-то подобное, напишите.‎

alky_lee

‎Попробуйте‎
‎Pilgrimage.Tanoa‎

I will give it a try

File

Init.sqf

after

//////

//RYD_JR_AI setDamage 1;

//////

add highlighted in blue

File

MainLoop.sqf

after

{

RYD_JR_AIRogued = true;

add highlighted in blue

I made those changes will test when have COOP partner. Thanks.

alky_lee

‎Попробуйте‎
‎Pilgrimage.Tanoa‎

I completed this version last night. The Stomper was working when I got the UAV terminal off the body. All I did was dump it in a ditch so that it was stuck and took the body to the boat. I didn't realise that I had NVGs at first, because I am so used to not having them. Even with them I still didn't see the first enemy (CSAT Recon) and so I lost my AI companion. I still find wandering around in a featureless filed trying to hit a trigger as immersion breaking when checking the question marks. It was a very short mission. All over in 1.5 hours. I might have to try it again.