makhno

N'Ziwasogo A3 terrain (Released)

Hey great map, and I know you will be debugging things for a bit. When you get a chance and if you can a how to on map making for arma 3 would be nice to see if you are good at teaching, and making another map. I will work with the map for a while and see how it goes. Also is this place based on any general location?

Edited by MarksInnerDemon

Hey what's the name of the map? I'd like to add Dynamic Universal War System to it but when I try DUSW.N'Ziwasogo it doesn't come up so I can't edit it in.

To answer some questions,

Units are part of a pack I made, that is to be released soon.

The actual name of the map in system terms is "projeta3-05"

The realworld terrain data are those of the area around Shasta Lake, in northern California (largely modified).

To answer some questions,

Units are part of a pack I made, that is to be released soon.

The actual name of the map in system terms is "projeta3-05"

The realworld terrain data are those of the area around Shasta Lake, in northern California (largely modified).

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

That aside, last night I made a mission and played with a few friends, it was hands down the best arma experience I have ever had. This map is brilliant! It feels much bigger, better and way more interesting than the vanilla maps and because of your use of Arma 2 assets it runs like a dream (I'm also surprised at how good those assets look in the new engine.) Real solid work, I am incredibly impressed and very thankful.

Keep up the great work!

Hmm it's still not coming up. Could that hyphen "-" be throwing it off?

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Nevermind, I figured it out I needed to do Columbia.pja305 (columbia is what I'm calling it for the mission)

Thanks again!

Makhno, I've been asked to port our public missions onto your map - I've been a fan of the jungle maps BTW since your FSF jungle So It's a request I'm happy to take on. HOWEVER I cannot do it until the environmenal sounds bug is fixed.

Please could you take a look at this ? It's easy for those in the know to turn map packs on and off, but it will kill it for the average public user. He'll have monkeys chasing him around Altis otherwise.

Could you please confirm if this is something you are actually looking to impliment ? I'm not asking for a timeline - just an understanding of it's coming. That way I can work on the mission get it running and tested and then release when the sounds are corrected.

Thanks - you'd make a very happy Royal Marine Brigade that want to test out their Wood Dpm !!

SJ

Serjames, we're working on the issue and expecting results soon.

That's great news... I can get cracking now :)

Will be a brilliant map to run it on for sure !!

SJ

beautiful island i love it! however some more clandestine runways in the jungle would be fantastic for drug smuggling ops

Sounds are fixed, no mode jungle birds on all islands. (Thx FSF_ToF)

I'll release an updated version during the month on May, after i'm finished with some modifications on the island itself.

FANTASTIC news Makhno.....

3CB Marines will be busy testing out their jungle cam now :)

SJ

Finaly, we've found that annoying loud bird, been plucked and roasted, you can now enjoy a much quieter jungle :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32i5jy0uf06yc3g/NziwasogoSounds_v04.rar

Addon contains only modified sounds (not enough time to work on the island at the time).

The other good news is that the sounds now are not played on other islands.

Finaly, we've found that annoying loud bird, been plucked and roasted, you can now enjoy a much quieter jungle :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/32i5jy0uf06yc3g/NziwasogoSounds_v04.rar

Addon contains only modified sounds (not enough time to work on the island at the time).

The other good news is that the sounds now are not played on other islands.

Thanks so much!

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** I have repacked the archive with the updated sound pbo, so just one archive to download.

Looking good and i would really like to check it out in MP. Problem is => ArmA 3 Map Pack... it's to big. Many people don't download a big pack like these for MP sessions.

Is it possible to offer a smaller (complete) download in the future?

"Only" the objects used would be far too much work ,and still be quite a big download.

You can play this island without A3MP, it will work, but some objects will be missing.

You'll still get the jungle though as the trees come from BRG africa.

New update v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@nziwasogo.png

Just wanted to say, Great map and thanks for the release. This is by far one of my favorite maps to play on, even with it being slightly incomplete. I understand alot of people are having troubles with the requirements (such as A3MP), but I feel these things will be a necessity for new maps with A2 objects until compatibility issues are panned out. In my opinion, A3MP is much more reliable than AiA and seems like it's the direction most ArmA players are moving towards.

In progress of creating a nice little campaign on this map, so look forward to seeing future work and updates on this project. Thanks again for all your excellent work.

"Only" the objects used would be far too much work ,and still be quite a big download.

You can play this island without A3MP, it will work, but some objects will be missing.

You'll still get the jungle though as the trees come from BRG africa.

The problem with this approach is that the community would never get rid off the old stuff. The A3 Map Pack's maps are close to unplayable with all the bugs they have, from falling through terrain over objects behaving in the weirdest fashion ever to certain modules not working because they lack feature support in those maps.

Currently, many communities use A3MP because there are no alternatives that let them play more than Altis and Stratis, but their intention is to get rid of A3MP as soon as new maps are released.

I'm not gonna toss aside the doubtless efforts put into your map or tell you how to do things, but if a map is based mostly on A3 MP and object packs ported from ArmA 2, it's basically a ported ArmA 2 map with the only difference being that it was specifically made to be ported to ArmA 3.

Yup what janus0104 said.

I like this map a lot. If the only thing that A3MP was needed for was the buildings then why weren't A3 buildings used? I think the map works well and has lots of jungle atmosphere. The only reason I installed A3MP was so I could play on this map.

I would love to see some new maps and some more objects (as I'm sure everyone does. I miss the compositions from Arma2 and the Warefare objects. I didn't play warefare but I liked the objects on the map to create objectives and Group enemy units to them to protect them. After a year since the Alpha release of Arma 3 it is unfortunate that there is hardly any new content from BIS or Maps.

You are so funny guys !

Why don't you help us and create so many A3 based objects so we could use them on new maps instead of A2 ones ?

Or why don't you provide us some editing tools in order to allow us to use A3 objects ?...

By the way, if you don't want to use A3MP, you can only play on Altis and Stratis...

It's a nice map and it was released early considering no tools was released by BI back then.

I sincerely hope, now that tools are released that the quality of the maps will get better and better . Right now I see maps on A2 standards and not A3.

PS

i'm talking in general and not about this specific map

Edited by Nikiforos