ohally

Arma3 - AGGRESSORS

would you like to see aggressors stay standalone  

403 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see aggressors stay standalone

• Yes, I like that it has little to no requirements
    • No, if dependencies expand content go for it

Seeing this thread, I nearly teared up with joy. Finally, almost there. Takistan works and looks beautifully, just missing the Takitubbies to shoot at.

This does have me thinking though if it's at all possible to bring over the Takistani civilians and have them work via a civilian population module or if such a thing is more along the lines of the community needing official BIS support? Because if you use the module right now on such maps, it'll just spawn the Greek civilians, so I don't know how such a module could work bringing the Taki's back to be used on Afghan-style maps and still have them move and do things like they normally would (walking around, talking to each other, driving around, etc) instead of just being spawned and standing there derpingly looking into the sun or something.

Anyways, don't mind me, seeing these brought back so many fond memories playing TFOR with the Casual ArmA Players group. Seeing this had me wondering about the whole civilian module stuff and all as well in hopes of someday in the far future of seeing Takistani's populating the streets once more. :D

Can't stress how excited and looking forward I am for this eventual release. Thanks for taking the time to make this happen for the community, mate! ^_^

One feature that would be great is some more armoured vehicles... at the moment in ALiVE unless we resort to a stock BIS faction OPFOR units have no armor at all...

Don't suppose you could chuck the odd BRDM or BTR in there with a dash of T34-85 and perhaps a rusty T55 or two could you :)

SJ

We're considering vehicles, but at the moment we need to finish up the current version. Vehicles are a bit more work than infantry / weapons.

Thumbs up. I found the current opfor to not be growing on me at all. These are much better

OPFOR (says on first post)

VEHICLES Yes Planned:

-Eastern Europeans: T55, BRDM

-Middle Eastern Rebels: Nothing at the moment, perhaps T34

-Somali Pirates: it's a secret.

Civilians ARE in the works, we HAVE ported the Taki women already!

---------- Post added at 19:58 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

This was a relief. I wont need to make my own now :)

Also. Have you thought about adding this below in all p3d's geometry LODs to get soft shadows?

prefershadowvolume = 0

Will only work for the completely custom uniforms and weapons, though.

Have not, but plan to start, thanks!

Great to see a variety, now I can work on some new ALIVE missions!

I added links to the photo albums for each faction on the first post. Will be updating them frequently as we are still hammering away on the pack.

-Somali Pirates: it's a secret.

!

:) I can guess the secret since I see an object model :)

:) I can guess the secret since I see an object model :)

;) Good Eyes

These look great, really looking forward to trying them out.

Big props from all the crew at RG.

Excellent news! :)))) Do you plan to use the old classnames from Arma 2 for your units? That would make porting of missions a lot easier. THX for your work.

That looks really awesome, congrats for the job. Really looking forward to it, *running away from the IRAN Aliens*

Yes :yay: :yay:

Finally some foes to fight on Chernarus and Takistan.

Released - see first post

Mods, please move to completed. Cheers

Enjoy

Mother of god... Congratulations and hats off to you sirs! You've made a lot of people happy today :D

You made my day - thanks :bounce3:

nice, thx for the work and the release, will test these asap!

-update: after testing some issues where found, most ak47 dont show in the equipment( mod cant find the paa for it)this for all units (eur,me,afr),

-the ak's in the eur faction not only dont show,they also cant reload, while the ak's in the 2 other factions have no problem with reloading!

-the eur faction also missing some clothes pics(textures) in equipment,while for the other factions the UI pic might need some updating to

represent more their own clothes insted off the regular uniforms(but not a big issue)

-missing ammoboxes with weapons,equipment and ammo, and mayby some possibility to add scopes,silencers etc to the weapons.

hope this will help out in a update soon ;) but they are looking very good for the rest.

cya

Edited by Sgt.Spoetnik
update