Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

Tracers Mod for A3, ported over from A2 with some slight changes.

Has keys and signed files.

Freely allowed to de-pbo, edit and republish.

- Make sure you have your HDR on standard setting -

blastcoretracers.jpg

Blastcore Tracers A3

Edited by Opticalsnare
  • Like 3

Is it correct that all tracers are invisible when using Thermals? I'm not seeing any of them, not even a blip.

Is it correct that all tracers are invisible when using Thermals? I'm not seeing any of them, not even a blip.

Yup they don't work on thermals i did mess about trying to get them to work, but i gave up on them. Maybe someone can fix em, im done with em, they are free to be modded by whoever.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS: does this require CBA A3?

I made a fight with a crapload of AA and jets and the result is freaking star wars! I love it :yay:

also noticed that all the tracers are shown in comparison to vanilla :D

Littlebird gun runs look so much more badass at night now. Excellent mod. :D

OS, you're stuff is so awesome it hits the community deep in the feels that you're leaving. Awesome mod. Thank you for the YEARS of enjoyment (no amount of thanks will ever be apt); fair winds and following seas. beer-smiley.gif

I DL this mod, HDR on standard, but it does nothing but turn all tracers white-ish/slightly yellow. It does not look like the picture. What am I missing?

Well this is great. You are great. Thanks for getting this out.

Keep 'em coming. You're one of the best. We thank you for sticking it out considering you're moving on to the CryEngine very shortly.

I DL this mod, HDR on standard, but it does nothing but turn all tracers white-ish/slightly yellow. It does not look like the picture. What am I missing?

Strange, this happens for me with the 6.5 tracer rounds. They turn into white-ish ultra-thin lasers. The rest is top notch stuff. Great work.

@blastcore-tracers.png

Opticalsnare; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

These look awful for me. It's aliased all to hell and as a result looks like pixely fairy dust or something. Looks nothing like it does in your image.

I managed to get it looking decent (although quite dull, it lacked any real illumination even in the heart of night) on one round, the coaxial on the NATO APC. Everything else continues to look like a line of pixels, glittering across the screen. Or it's just BIS standard tracers.

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

These look awful for me. It's aliased all to hell and as a result looks like pixely fairy dust or something. Looks nothing like it does in your image.

I think I have the same issue as you do. Maybe I installed it incorrectly or something... I did it the same as Blastcore-R3 but like you mentioned, my tracers don't looks so hot either. I've tried adjusting the HDR and Particle settings but it hasn't helped much.

I think I have the same issue as you do. Maybe I installed it incorrectly or something... I did it the same as Blastcore-R3 but like you mentioned, my tracers don't looks so hot either. I've tried adjusting the HDR and Particle settings but it hasn't helped much.

I've tried everything, including ever bit of AA I can throw at the game. It doesn't help. Tempted to see if I can just run with driver forced super AA and fix it just to see if it's a good mod or not :p

UPDATE: Nope. Forcing through drivers worked for the game, but even through SSAA, MSAA, and FXAA the problem somehow persists. It's like it's impossible to apply anti-aliasing to those things. BIS tracers receive the AA pass just fine.

Does this make tracers illuminate the ground at night? I've been waiting for that..

What's your guys' opinion about the vanilla tracers? Obviously Blastcore is an absolute must have and makes a tremendous difference to nearly every type of explosion and particle effect in the game--I can't play without it. But what about the vanilla tracers does this mod improve?

I have tested it on dev build and want to give some feedback :

The colors of tracers seems broken, the only red I seen is when I used NATO 6.5 clip, the rest is all green.

As OS said he won't touch it anymore, I have unpack the pbo and change everything to red in the .cpp = that don't work

I have turn every .paa to red = it won't work at all...

That is strange, but I am no modder : I can tweak but I can't explain :(