Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Running Vault Mod

Running Vault Mod

Special Thanks to Zooloo75/Stealthstick for allowing me to create this standalone version of a jump script from his discontinued Stratis-RP mission! And special thanks to Fight9 for helping me convert this script to mod form.

Features:

- Running vault Animation

- Causes Fatigue

- Jump height based on weight

Installation

Copy the file called "vaultmod" from the "userconfig" file into the games user config file. Take the "@vaultMod" folder and put that in you \Documents\Arma 3 then enable it via the in game expansion settings.

You can also look here for a more detailed guide for mod installation: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150428-Beginners-guide-How-do-i-install-mods-addons

How to use:

Start running and double tap the "C" Key to use. You can change the key bind in the user config options.

Version:

- release

- random movement when jumping should be fixed.

- Jump height is now based on weight.

- Double tap the "C" key to use now.

-displaySetEventHandler was replaced with displayAddEventHandler, which will prevent the script from accidentally overwriting other event handlers.

Known Issues:

- Head snaps forward when jumping.

Credits:

- Zooloo75/Stealthstick for the original script.

- F2k Sel for helping fix the errors and bugs.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rkjq0ahqxlbgbw7/vaultMod.zip

Script version can be found here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160133-Realistic-Jumping-Script

Video:

Edited by ProGamer

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Actually you can just achieve the jump anims without using any scripts, just do a little config file to tweak BIS's lazy work.

I think this mod was broken by the last update, while it works in the editor if you try to load up the mission after saving it as a PBO the load screen never completes.

Its strange that such a simple mod can cause this.

Actually you can just achieve the jump anims without using any scripts, just do a little config file to tweak BIS's lazy work.

This includes jump based on weight and fatigue. Not just playing the animation.

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

I think this mod was broken by the last update, while it works in the editor if you try to load up the mission after saving it as a PBO the load screen never completes.

Strange, I have not encountered this problem. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Too bad there's no sliding animation. A running then sliding move would be a welcomed addition.

Is it possible to change the keybinding to 2xV instead of 2xC?

2xV seems more natural.

+1 Same here, i tried load missions in MP with this addon, and frezee in the 95% of load, but in the editor run well.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

2xV seems more natural.

You can change the key in the userconfig file. But i tried 2xV and not run well, the problem is when push 2xV, this make jump and automatically do normal V (avoid obstacle), and only work sprint. I use 2xLWIN, is more effective.

How did you get this to work? I've tried animating my own vault-over animation and implmenting it in game, however when the animation is complete, the player teleports back to where they started rather than being over the obstacle!

+1 Same here, i tried load missions in MP with this addon, and frezee in the 95% of load, but in the editor run well.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

You can change the key in the userconfig file. But i tried 2xV and not run well, the problem is when push 2xV, this make jump and automatically do normal V (avoid obstacle), and only work sprint. I use 2xLWIN, is more effective.

You should be able to adjust the key binds using the user config options. I originally had it has 2xV but that had issues with the player jumping from the prone position to standing jump instantly. When a fully geared goes to "jump" it is more of a running vault. When a person with no gear does it, they can actually jump.

If anyone knows why this addon has problems with servers, please let me know as I am still new to this.

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

How did you get this to work? I've tried animating my own vault-over animation and implmenting it in game, however when the animation is complete, the player teleports back to where they started rather than being over the obstacle!

No idea what is causing that. Are you sure you are not trying to go through objects?