Congratulations on the new release!

The Eagles look fantastic!!!

I noticed that there is no longer a ACE compatibility file in the optionals folder. Is this no longer required, or is there another explanation?

Keep up the great work, I know your mod team is working hard.

47 minutes ago, ViperDriver said:

Congratulations on the new release!

The Eagles look fantastic!!!

I noticed that there is no longer a ACE compatibility file in the optionals folder. Is this no longer required, or is there another explanation?

Keep up the great work, I know your mod team is working hard.

Thank you!

We "outsourced" the ACE-comp quite a while ago. As you already mentioned we made a seperate download for this file on our download-page. Or on SWS if that's an option ;-)

If you guys are interested in a Video, presenting the Eagle IV and if you fortunately speak german, here is a link.

• Like 2

Hi guys, excellent work on the mod. I have a question for you. Are the gun elevation mechanisms on the Leopard 2 and Puma supposed to be so fragile? It seems every time an enemy tank shoots me, everything is still green, but the gun elevation stops working and the entire vehicle is completely unusable. Thanks!

On 14.4.2017 at 11:32 PM, lionhawk123 said:

Are the gun elevation mechanisms on the Leopard 2 and Puma supposed to be so fragile? It seems every time an enemy tank shoots me, everything is still green, but the gun elevation stops working and the entire vehicle is completely unusable.

We'd be thankful if you could open an issue with some more informations on our bug tracker for this.

https://git.koffeinflummi.de/bwmod-team/bwa3-public/issues

14 hours ago, ghost_o said:

We'd be thankful if you could open an issue with some more informations on our bug tracker for this.

https://git.koffeinflummi.de/bwmod-team/bwa3-public/issues

Okay, I published two reports on the tracker. One is regarding the elevation mechanisms and the other details some issues with the gunner of the Puma.

Detail on the Eagle is outstanding. Many thanks for all your hard work!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kinds words.

Working on version 1.6 we released some images of a project we've been currently been working on.

D9RxsCW.png

PxcwgN5.png

pMmzZPd.png

The MG3 will be usable with or without the "Ergänzungssatz Optronik" (rails for attachments).

With further development we will release more infos about other project. For now that`s it ;-)

• Like 17

Hi,

is it possible to shot the tiger-pars on a laser target ?

I can only lock onto vehicles without laser-using. I can create a laser-target box but pars will not lock on.

@bwa3_ace folder with bwa3_comp_ace.pbo is loaded.

thanks for help.

17 hours ago, Nebulaner said:

is it possible to shot the tiger-pars on a laser target ?

The PARS can not lock on to laser-marked targets, unfortunately. It has an IR seaker head.

You can give the UH Tiger RHS-ammunition (e.g. Hellfire) via script, however, and use those with the laser marker.

A Classic Weapon, from back in the days when German weapons simply worked. 

OT/RL Ranting mode: Remind me again - what exactly was the reason to swap this beast out for a successor that both costs more and does less?  The MG 5 system is a prime example for lobbyism at work.  The introduction of this GPMG/ and "mounted" (LOL! Just read the news article linked below!) system into the Bundeswehr does already cost more than originally agreed upon, and recent news unveiled the dirty truth about a H&K weapons system overheating/not shooting straight in full auto AGAIN!!! :face_palm:    

See here (in German language):  http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/bundeswehr-neues-maschinengewehr-mg5-macht-probleme-a-1052458.html

Nevertheless, in A3 BWMOD I have used & liked the MG 5, but will eagerly swap back to the MG 3 once that beauty is available!

• Like 1

Couldn´t find a changelog for today´s update on the official website or the workshop but also didn´t notice any significant changes besides the removed BWMod Logo for the BWMod items. Will you guys add a changelog to the workshop item in the near future?

Changelog is on it´s way. It just arrived at the armaworld page and BWMod official page.

Official announcement of version 1.5.1 will follow here next.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kickapoo0 said:

Changelog is on it´s way. It just arrived at the armaworld page and BWMod official page.

Official announcement of version 1.5.1 will follow here next.

Awesome, thank you :)

EDIT: A minor bug report, the BWMod symbols are missing from all BWMod items, as I have already mentioned. Just wanted to reiterate.

The MG3 looks absolutely stunning.

On 29.4.2017 at 10:57 PM, tourist said:

A Classic Weapon, from back in the days when German weapons simply worked. 

OT/RL Ranting mode: Remind me again - what exactly was the reason to swap this beast out for a successor that both costs more and does less?  The MG 5 system is a prime example for lobbyism at work.  The introduction of this GPMG/ and "mounted" (LOL! Just read the news article linked below!) system into the Bundeswehr does already cost more than originally agreed upon, and recent news unveiled the dirty truth about a H&K weapons system overheating/not shooting straight in full auto AGAIN!!! :face_palm:    

Stop believing everything the media says, as multiple independent sources confirmed (sources who don't get good sales by hating on german weapon manufacturers just because the german public likes that) both the G36 and the MG5 work exactly as ordered and in years of service, I've never met any soldier who had real complains about the reliability or accuracy of the G36, the aimpoint shift occuring in the G36 is so minimal that no shooter would ever notice it, and occours in so many other weapon systems too, (The part expanding in the G36 is the Iron part not the polymer parts as often stated).

Von der Leyen tried to show herself as somebody who would "fix" the Bundeswehr, (ironically while pushing the real bad projects like A400M and Tiger) so she used the upcoming end of the G36 service life (The G36 was made to serve the german army for 25-30 Years just like the G3) to distinguish herself by saying she would fix "a problem" although it isn't really a problem.

• Like 5

@Eagle1992: I think we are both right, in a way.  The operative words in your statement are "work exactly as ordered".  The real mistake and incompetence in the German Defense Ministry and it's subordinate agencies responsible for aquiring weapon systems may have been incomplete specifications or specifications not encompassing the entire possible array of capabilities that the actual peace keeping/COIN missions demanded from the weapons, namely the G36.  It was, for example, never designed to be fired full auto at 40° Celsius for hours, and so one cannot expect it to do that well. 

I criticize more the way von der Leyen and her subordinates haven't learnt from that to make better specifications for new weapon systems than I criticize the actual G36 weapon.  I mean, how can I order a GPMG that is supposed to be mounted and then not decide if I want it to be fitting on the old mounts or if I want to equip the vehicles with a new mount system? 

And whole-heartedly I agree with you on the fact that A400M or Tiger or the Navy Version of the NH 90 are much worse problems, both in the amount of tax money lost due to incompetence in making the specifications and the poor price negotiating with the companies building the systems.  

Also +1 on your statement that von der Leyen  tries to show herself as some sort of "fixer upper" for the Bundeswehr, Mc Kinsey Consultant like.  But a lot of this stupid neoliberal "starve the beast, let investors feast" stuff had been introduced long before she got into office. Even we have to admit that she didn't invent some of the hilariously stupid developments in the Bundeswehr like outsourcing the cars and the whole uniforms/combat dress logistics to private companies...

Very well. But please continue this conversation by private message.

I added the changeling to the SWS as well.
I was told that there was an error with the SWS-upload of our new version 1.5.1, unfortunately. The new server-key is missing. I´ll fix this issue later that day. If you guys need the key to update your server I recommend to get it via our homepage (http://bwmod.de/index.php/inhalt/download).

• Like 1

FYI: The missing keys-file and the changelog were added to the SWS.

16 hours ago, lumnuon said:

EDIT: A minor bug report, the BWMod symbols are missing from all BWMod items, as I have already mentioned. Just wanted to reiterate.

Was an error with the mod.cpp which was missing as well. Should be fixed for the SWS upload.

Version 1.5.1 of the Bundeswehr mod

Changelog:

- changed: added additional Tiger texture to eden attributes
- changed: all addon folder paths to lower case
- changed: some G38 sounds including silencer
- changed: Eagle FLW100 sound volume
- changed: Eagle backward speed to ~33km/h
- changed: Eagle distance LOD
- fixed: Eagle tire damage display did not work
- fixed: P2A1 illum and Carl Gustaf illum flare objects mixed up
- fixed: texture issues with MBT Leopard and Eagle
- fixed: hazard lights can not be turned off