As soon as I start a mission from the editor that contains content from this mod, the game crashes and complains about "BWA3_userconfig.hpp" not found (which is there though)

As soon as I start a mission from the editor that contains content from this mod, the game crashes and complains about "BWA3_userconfig.hpp" not found (which is there though)

i had this issue too, at me it was because i tried to put the mod into a custom modfolder (and the userconfig folder into the a3 root folder) but thats not possible because BWA3_userconfig.hpp had to be in \@BWA3\userconfig\BWA3_userconfig.hpp

i would be nice if this can be changed, so custom modfolders are supported!

i had this issue too, at me it was because i tried to put the mod into a custom modfolder (and the userconfig folder into the a3 root folder) but thats not possible because BWA3_userconfig.hpp had to be in \@BWA3\userconfig\BWA3_userconfig.hpp

You mean I have to put the mod files into the game`s installation folder? I don't have a custom modfolder and all other mods work fine from

C:\Users\Me\Documents\Arma 3\@modname

I just have to ask... Can someone from the mod team explain the FAST helmet patch? Assume me to be an ignorant American, but we have a bet going here about what it means. Clarification is requested, heh.

You mean I have to put the mod files into the game`s installation folder? I don't have a custom modfolder and all other mods work fine from

C:\Users\Me\Documents\Arma 3\@modname

i cannot say it to you if this is the fault :-/ i never used this method before. O.o. I put my mods into the game folder. Try it out ;-)

Thats right, i want all my userconfigs from different mods in one folder. At the moment i cant do this. Or am i wrong? As some posts previous describe the game crashes when the bwmod userconfig is not in the default userconfig folder of the mod folder.

And back to the tmr problem. As is prefer the 2d scopes on the vanilla scopes, deleting the tmr optics seems like a bad option :icon_wink: (in the end its not the bwmods fault). But good work anyway.

Edited by Znooptokkie

First off Great work on everything so far just a few questions:

-Will there be suppressors for the g36 as well as the 417?

-Is there plans to have the 20 round mag for the 417 short?

-I know its not your script however the GL versions of the g36 do not show up in VAS is there something i can do on my end to get it squared away?

I just have to ask... Can someone from the mod team explain the FAST helmet patch? Assume me to be an ignorant American, but we have a bet going here about what it means. Clarification is requested, heh.

There was a patch quite popular with the German troops in Afghanistan a while ago, which looked like this:

Img_16_9_668_RTR2DHEI.jpg

(Merkel being the German chancellor)

And recently, a woman by the name of "Ursula von der Leyen" became the new Minister of Defence in Germany. That decision was quite ... controversial, so we decided to include the patch as a little easter egg. The stickfigure kids are due to her being the Minister for Family Affairs previously.

There was a patch quite popular with the German troops in Afghanistan a while ago, which looked like this:

http://www.eisenblatt.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Img_16_9_668_RTR2DHEI.jpg

(Merkel being the German chancellor)

And recently, a woman by the name of "Ursula von der Leyen" became the new Minister of Defence in Germany. That decision was quite ... controversial, so we decided to include the patch as a little easter egg. The stickfigure kids are due to her being the Minister for Family Affairs previously.

you forgot the stop signs :(

I really love this mod. Good job.

But is it just me or do the german grenades (doesn't matter which one of them) not work? I can add them to my gear but they do not appear in the top right corner. Default grenades are still working fine.

Haha, thanks for clarifying that KoffeinFlummi.

I do have some feedback:

The G28 - seems to shoot left and down a bit. I do agree with the previously stated issue of the lack of suppressor and I'm a bit confused why you can't choose to put in a 10 round or a 20 round if its the same gun and same bullet - is there a reason? Making the magazines interchangeable would be very nice.

More importantly, great job on the FAST helmets and glasses. However (IMHO), the helmets need to be adjusted just a little bit.

1. The space between the back of the helmet and the back of the head is too great.
  2. The space between the top of the ear and the bottom of the helmet is too great.

Edited by SpectreRSG

awesome work, prost! :cheers:

are you intending to include retextures for the other bw compatible vehicles in a3?

uHCrwSD.jpg

i made a couple of quick screenshots with random impressions and to highlight (no pun intendet) the specualrity of the puma, compared to other vehicles, maybe you want to consider to tweak that a bit to make it appear less pale?

also the mesh of the g28 ironsight could be a bit less edgy? :}

http://imgur.com/a/JjPuQ

First of all, great mod!

I have a small question, I could not find in the readme nor forums. Where is explained, how to customize the ranks of the soldiers and the signs on the Puma?

Thanks in advance :-)

The soldiers have no customizable ranks and no such featue is planned atm.

You can customize the license plates and / or NATO signs of the puma by putting one of the following lines in the init box of the vehicle.

- use [this, 1, 417] call BWA3_fnc_symbol to set the tactical sign to 'first company of 417th Battalion'.

- use [this, 123456] call BWA3_fnc_licensePlate to set the license plates number to 123456

- use [this, 1, 417, 123456] call BWA3_fnc_symbolAndLicensePlate to change both, the tactical sign and the license plate

They cannot hower be changed while playing the mission, only when editing the mission. Alternatively you can call these functions by a script, but i haven't testet that yet.

Even if you don't set a fix sign or license plate number, the server will randomly create these numbers and send them to all clients, so everyone will see the same results.

@ Fabio_Chavez: We'll rather do our own Fennek, Leopard and Boxer meshes than trying to turn those abominations into proper BW equipment ;)

The 'flat' speculars are a deliberate decision seeing how real world equipment that's been used for a while - possibly in a dusty environment - will be covered in dust which basically kills any specular highlight irl. Maybe when BIS finally allows texture-driven specular colors in RVMATs some day in the future, the spec maps will get overhauled.

I'm aware that you guys do not want this re-uploaded anywhere (for reasons I fully understand) but does this extend to private SU repositories? I'd love to be able to use this within my small community but that would require hosting inside our private mod pack.

I fully understand if this isn't allowed but I hope it is. Everything in this pack looks amazing.

Of the wespons are ASDG compatibel and would have suppressors it is better better then perfect

Regards Rat.NL

six support would be great indeed. it makes things easier despite its questionable usability.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Any chance of adding more download options? I'm getting terrible speeds off the links provided. Like under 1kb at times.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Any chance of adding more download options? I'm getting terrible speeds off the links provided. Like under 1kb at times.

Me too, dont know why this is on such strange third party hoster. i would prefer six, makes updates more easy :-)