Sign in to follow this  
henrique_rp

How can I drop a single pair of flares and not 12 of them?

Hello guys,

In the control configuration there is a Countermeasure mode which is bound to CTRL+C, but it does nothing.

When I'm flying over an area which is a littler hotter I always find myself running out of flares and getting shot down right after, since each aircraft drops 12 of them with each button press and that's such a waste, especially since you end up having to drop flares more then once for each missile spoof.

So is there a way to drop a single pair of flares just like in Arma 2 or if not, is there a mod to allow us to do so?

Thanks a lot!!! :)

Yeah, really awaiting this be fixed, already went on feedback tracker, and the status was assigned... 8 months ago. <.<

Thanks a lot for the information guys.

Since it's been 8 months, one can only guess it'll come standard in the next DLC expansion. We'll have state-of-the-art manual flare deployment. All that for only 19.99 USD. =D

Remember with all the bugs and fixes on something like this, and generally how dramatic the AA is in general and the lack of other countermeasures CIRCM stuff, more flares should equal better. Generally speaking the flare systems dispense more then just one set of flares to help increase chances of sucess. I know pilots can limit dispenseing more, but all but the oldest manpads and ground systems wont be fooled easily by one set of flares. Some of these flares are built to have gasses come out in the same spectrum as engine exhaust (wavelength range between 3 and 5 µm) which I didn't know before reading this post and doing some research.

Regardless I think the 6 volley launch should be fair for now, and honestly if you are getting shot a that much you don't have control of the air, and ground needs to come in and fix that issue. (If possible I understand the issue) If that can't be fixed mod your maps to have less missles with the MANPADS might help for now. However I personally find the use of one flare shot of a 120+ rounds not realistic for defeating modern missles, and even some of the aged weapons as well.

Learn to evade missiles, way more fun :) You can also add extra flare magazines to the jets so you have more presses. Only in a chopper you are really vulnerable to incoming missiles and need the flares to not get shot down.

Remember with all the bugs and fixes on something like this, and generally how dramatic the AA is in general and the lack of other countermeasures CIRCM stuff, more flares should equal better. Generally speaking the flare systems dispense more then just one set of flares to help increase chances of sucess. I know pilots can limit dispenseing more, but all but the oldest manpads and ground systems wont be fooled easily by one set of flares. Some of these flares are built to have gasses come out in the same spectrum as engine exhaust (wavelength range between 3 and 5 µm) which I didn't know before reading this post and doing some research.

Regardless I think the 6 volley launch should be fair for now, and honestly if you are getting shot a that much you don't have control of the air, and ground needs to come in and fix that issue. (If possible I understand the issue) If that can't be fixed mod your maps to have less missles with the MANPADS might help for now. However I personally find the use of one flare shot of a 120+ rounds not realistic for defeating modern missles, and even some of the aged weapons as well.

War is not fair, regardless or not, if you can dump one flare in real life, you should be able to do it in game. It's not about balancing, and it was possible in A2. "For now", ain't gonna cut it, as it's already a game feature, and it's been assigned (8 months ago), and is simply an easy fix that someone hasn't touched on yet. Its simply up to patience now. >.>

I am not a military pilot but I dont think many people setup there systems to single launch flares. They all seem to be automatic, so being able to do something this small and trivial as you point out is a sit and wait game. I would like to not walk of stairs to my death, and that seems to be more a logical priority vs the flares. I do see the argument and understand.

Edited by MarksInnerDemon
clarification