I love this map, fantastic for close in claustrophobic combat. I wish BI would allow the AI to step over bloody walls though, makes single player almost useless.

Are you talking about those little rubble walls?

If so that can be arraigned. I'll talk to smoke about it tonight.

seems like pbo file name buildings could make trouble since AIA terrain pack has same file name, any support here would be great :)

seems like pbo file name buildings could make trouble since AIA terrain pack has same file name, any support here would be great :)

I can sort it to be sm_buildings a quick move folder and move object would do the trick but ive found no conflicts with it so far

I can sort it to be sm_buildings a quick move folder and move object would do the trick but ive found no conflicts with it so far

But those two files are having different size of memory, so is it ok to overwrite with your buildings.pbo?

please do so, as playing single player with ai has no point as ai runs around the small walls instead of over

Hey, yes indeed, basically all the walls that I can step over but the AI can't, it leaves them rushing around looking for gaps, and you loose them soon enough. If you can change this it would be amazing, though I'm not sure how it could be done, as the same problem exists on Altis?

Hi manfred were looking at the walls at the moment to see how we can fix the bis models for ai to move over them, A road lod is one option with ai pathing lod which we would have to change the model class to building for ai to know it can move over the object but its now being worked on as we definatly don't want it happening on our other terrains so bare with us.

Also i'm putting together a YT vid of sangin and upping my game for how the terrain is presented ie in the editor and on armaholic so ive got some help from some great lads to make it happen quicker.

thanks Torchy Micheal Redcoat

Maybe you could reference this addon for the "walls-falling-over-weirdly"-bug. Perhaps the author would even let you include it into the standalone version of the map? Anyhow, for those who're irritated by this glitch, the aforementioned addon is a temporary solution, at least. Also cudos on the map, I'm already making some missions for my community on it, as we'll integrate it in to our modpack as soon as the full release is out!

Oh, and the ALiVE ambient civilian module won't work on the map, for whatever reason. I'll look into it and see if can diagnose the issue.

Edited by vrakpant
typoes

Are you aware that the poppies (the ones that when you run over they fall down) are bullet proof & grenade proof? This is a pretty big bug so I imagine you are tracking it. However, just in case you aren't aware its an obvious issue. Also, there are many areas that have floating objects. When I come about those, would a simple grid ref work for you to report? & do you want it here as it might get rather cluttered with them.

the floating objects in compounds have been fixed i had summer beds which the afghans use and there back in now i had to fix an issue with them ,on the poppie to my knowledge they have no geo lods so there the way they have always been for arma you can walk and shoot through them don't think i've ever seen a nade put them down so no dramas there its the way it has always been and cheers for the heads up on the objects

I found a few rocks and shrubbery floating in the air. If you are aware of it I wont bother but it turns out you were right the bullets did seem to pass through I must have been high on the poppies ;)..

However,

Easy enough to test. Note: I only found it was with this type of shrubbery

Hope the vid helps :)

hehe that skunk is strong shit its always been that way and tough to actually move through the model, i had to make the fields less packed with plants as you have to move round the model as you can't walk through it, the possible fix is take out the geo lod but then they won't get flattened when drove on so its a catch 22 and again cheers for the video

had 5 mins to fix the walls and ai issue with them not navigating walls in the green zone

going to try and fix the damage walls and get them working today and then its finally ready Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Brilliant - am testing out our new RM skins on the current versions and loving it.

Did notice Ai walking through walls around 18/01 ? Not sure if that's a map issue or an Arma issue :)

EDIT:

Also spotted that you cannot shoot over the new walls - They have a scalloped shape but the Geometry LOD seems to be blocking the shot ?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313485496

SJ

Edited by serjames

ill fix the geo for that model cheers for the heads up

ill also include all the jbad walls as i think they have all been fixed for the destruction.

Cool ok - will keep testing - And thanks SmokeDog. It's great to get it back into A3

SJ

no worries Serjames it will all feel better once we have a few of the old sandbox terrains in a3.

Thanks for the release. Having great fun in some simple mission s I made for myself with caf ag and the Mec mod.

it aint on the first post and i dont use pws

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

can we please get a non pws download site - Armaholic ftw Foxhound!