Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

Hey OS!

First of all, congrats on the release. Its an amazing addon for sure!

Now the time comes for me to slam its on all its imperfections, just kidding ;). I do have few remarks though.

- The bullet hits, but according to the thread that has already been noted.

- When I directed MLRS rockets on some targets during the night, I noticed that right before they hit the ground slowely lights up, then all of a sudden becomes dark again, and then the rounds hit. I guess this is a bug of some sorts. It sort of looks like someone has fired a flare into the sky that slowly becoms brighter instead of fading out. That's the best discription I can give.

- The cluster round fired by the regular artillery only shows up as a single hit. Only one impact effect.

- I tried flying with the F-18 mod by Spartan and Saul, and when I fired Sidewinders and Amraam's there wasn't any smoketrail, whilst the Buzzard missles do have smoketrails. This ofcourse could also be a conflict with their misslebox and doesn't nessicairly have to do anything with blastcore but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

- I noticed that the fire and smoketrail of the MLRS rockets sort of lacks behind. It appears behind the rocket instead of directly at its back. Don't know if this is on you're end but, I thought it might conflict with other mods in the future.

- Some of the smoke produced by frag grenades is white. I was unsure if this was an artistic direction that you took or something else. Because in Blastcore for Arma 2 they were more brown/grey-ish.

Lastly, this is more of a suggestion. Do you think you can make the MLRS smoketrails even thicker and smokier? Don't get me wrong they're already a huge improvement, I'm just curious if you are going to leave them as they are or touch them up as go along. I understand if you that requires to push to many limits, making it unpractical.

I hope I didn't sound to much like a spoiled kid :P. Understand that I absolutely adore what you've don so far. I love the particles and especially the, how do I explain, sort of dust spikes that the small caliber rockets have. If you know what I mean. Like shrapnal is flung from the explosion, love it.

And the aircraft flares!! Oh my god, if those are still WIP I really am very curious how they will look like finished.

And everything looks so much cooler when watched thrue nightvision I could watch it all day!!

Good luck on the further development, and happy holidays!!!!

Wow OS, you blew me away!

Some small things:

Tank Smoke Screens are gone too fast, they last only a few seconds.

Smoke grenades spread smoke against the wind direction

The MLRS is amazing.

And so the time has come.

Many thanks OS, downloading now :)

I seem to have an issue with some of the effects not working

None of my missiles/rockets make any kind of glow when they fire, only when they impact. Also, the HE cannon on the Blackfoot doesn't seem to make any kind of explosion when it hits the ground.

Hate to quote myself, but "theres a mirror in post #7" :rolleyes:

Ooh fancy! Thanks! :o

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!

Tried it : Blasted !!!

Thanks guys for the feedback its well appreciated. Just some info on

Im also using dev build so im not sure if that may affect some things but heres some answers to some of the feedback raised.

- The bullet hits im not sure about, they work ok for me. Il take alook anyway to see if something is not working intended. I test with CBA + the mod only

- The arty cluster rounds mentioned has been sorted. I finished with them a while back and checked them off but somewhere in development i must have disabled the effect which was being used by something else and forget they were also being used by the cluster rounds doh.

- The 20mm has no explosion or light which is intended. I thought it would be ideal for a stealth heli, i can add it in if its really wanted tho.

- The effects for rockets and missiles which lag behind the actual missile is because they are scripted, i will try and improve it tho.

- Frag grenades are pretty much stock i think, i have not really done much to them.

- Some of the stock effects have been disabled, they will overtime be enabled. For example if Mr Joe Bloggs releases a missile which has the explosion effects of a stock effect then the mod may have disabled that effect. Reason being is that during development it was hard to actually piggyback and implement my effects into the stock emitters and was much easier to simply bypass the stock emitter and make my own. But once i have finished with the stable implementation of my effects i can then re-enable the stock stuff to support other modders addons.

My plans for now are to focus on apart from solving any issues players may have obv. But also to bring the rest of the effects up standard with the rest of the package.

As most of the hard work is out finished i would like to spend less time invested in the mod and just make fixes every now and then and minor improvments. I don't know how much time has been invested over the years into this project but its ridiculous for sure. What started out as a mod to make my game better for myself when i was playing the game gradually overcame the actual game and insted of playing the game i spent most of the time modding it.

The smoke grenades should affect the AI with the BlockAIVisibility although not really tested fully i still get shot to shit by magical AI so try and test that.

In future i may separate the smoke shells and have them as its own addon because it has been mentioned that in MP if someone is using the mod and someone else is not and that person throws a nade out and my smoke covers a different area and he gets killed because he thinks he is covered etc etc so yea i understand that its pretty annoying so il look into that.

err what else, yea are the signed files working ok, past releases ive always effed the keys up. Any RPT reports on missing or whatever?

Also sometimes when i was stress testing the mod, i got block squares popup mostly at night with lots of explosions going, does anyone else get this?

Cheers lads

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thanks man, ive been drinking most of the evening. I posted the mod in the ArmA 1 section earlier, people musta thought wtf is he doing. :Oo:

Hey OS great mod, loving it so far, and not even that much of a performance hit, i was wondering if you planned on improving the flashlights or is that not your thing

I know that you said the flares were WIP..based on how they light up the aircraft there gonna be pretty sexy..any idea when those will be enabled?

Rain is broken. It's large black squares.

Also is it possible to make the shrapnel kill humans?

PlaywithSix brought me here.

Great work! My mind was blown but for anyone having issues with the keys the bisign file actually needs to be named to: WarFXPE.pbo.WarFXPE.bisign for it work (Just putting that one out there).

I was live streaming it admiring the crazy particles:

http://www.twitch.tv/taw_tonic/b/488993764 (Skip into 5 minutes).

Amazing job I must say and it went perfectly with JSRS, keep up the great work!

Can confirm this thing with black squares at night at some explosions.

Yep, same here. Came to say that, and also that YOU ROCK OPTICALSNARE!

Just dropping by to say thanks. Spent a good hour blowing stuff up just for the pretties. Very well done!