Opticalsnare

Blastcore: Phoenix 2

cyclonic, do have those embers in grouplink. I didnt want to add them to blast core as its not my baby. thats up to OS. but again GL5 does that already. Secondly, the smoke is all OS i didnt touch that and i kinda feel the same way. needs to be smaller smoke particles to start, their to big in the beginning, and they kinda smoke up the ground around the fire. Alas that was not my focus though. maybe if OS allows, I will continue to be able to assist in these areas.

Alright well good work, I think if OS want to team up, it would be a good idea to spread te workload a bit.

I think if OS want to team up, it would be a good idea to spread te workload a bit.

Because that went over so great the first time ;)

The performance impact of this mod is way, wayyy to big. You need to focus on optimization, tank battles are pretty much slideshows right now.

The performance impact of this mod is way, wayyy to big. You need to focus on optimization, tank battles are pretty much slideshows right now.

I didn't notice any performance impact at all, at least not higher than the old Blastcore.

opticalsnare, I would like to ask you, if you could rework the looks of the burning barrel.. Also, the fire of fireplaces is way to big, it looks ridiculous.

Other than that, the mod is really awesome, we had some artillery fire going on yesterday, and it looked just fantastic!

Kind Regards

R3vo

Nope, haven't noticed anything over the old Blastcore. You need a better PC I'm afraid.

That's the first time I've heard that actually.

We noticed on a dedicated with 20+ people good solid performance, no noticable slow-downs and indeed the automatic effect count/throttle where it removes smoke or particle effects if there is too much going on is clever and not obtrusive mid game (you don't notice really - only at the firing range is it noticable)

It does have some odd errors it keeps spamming...

21:14:43 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/Hellfire_Explosion_02.moveVelocity
21:14:43 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Hellfire_Explosion_02
21:14:43 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Hellfire_Explosion_02

21:14:59 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Missile2
21:14:59 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Missile2Med
21:14:59 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Missile2
21:14:59 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Missile2Med

and a longer one..

22:17:06 Error in expression <0 + (speedY/0.2>
22:17:06   Error position: <>
22:17:06   Error Missing )
22:17:06 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/Blastcore_Smoke_TankRound.moveVelocity
22:17:06 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Blastcore_Smoke_TankRound
22:17:06 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in Blastcore_Smoke_TankRound
22:17:06 Error during evaluation of expression _source->AccessSourceType()->_moveVelocity
22:17:06 Error during evaluation of expression _source->AccessSourceType()->_moveVelocity
22:17:07 Error during evaluation of expression _source->AccessSourceType()->_moveVelocity
22:17:07 Error during evaluation of expression _source->AccessSourceType()->_moveVelocity

SJ

Edited by serjames

I didn't notice any performance impact at all, at least not higher than the old Blastcore.

That's exactly my point. The effects do look better, yes, but they're not so good to justify this loss in framerate. Anyway, I'm sure that this mod will have a lot of patches and tweaks so it's gonna be fine after some updates.

@Enzo_0 - maybe you should upload a sample mission here so we can all have a look and see if there is a problem.

That's exactly my point. The effects do look better, yes, but they're not so good to justify this loss in framerate. Anyway, I'm sure that this mod will have a lot of patches and tweaks so it's gonna be fine after some updates.

Regardless of wether its going to be improved or not, you should know that this mod was never aimed at people with mediocre rigs. You need some high end hardware to get the best preformance. I'm running a GTX680, Core i7 3770K at 3.50 GHz and 16 gigs of RAM on Windows 64bit. Which could be considered as mid-high end hardware, its not the best of the best currently availeble, but its also not to shabby for gaming. I'm not noticing any major preformance drops. Only when turning things up to ridicilous factors with serveral hunderd AI including tanks jets and heli's who are all blowing each other up does my game become unplayable. But if that's the kind of scenario you're after you probably shouldn't be using Blastcore in the first place.

Blastcore should run fine as long as you play more realistic scenario's with a couple of hand fulls of support units.

Regardless of wether its going to be improved or not, you should know that this mod was never aimed at people with mediocre rigs. You need some high end hardware to get the best preformance. I'm running a GTX680, Core i7 3770K at 3.50 GHz and 16 gigs of RAM on Windows 64bit. Which could be considered as mid-high end hardware, its not the best of the best currently availeble, but its also not to shabby for gaming. I'm not noticing any major preformance drops. Only when turning things up to ridicilous factors with serveral hunderd AI including tanks jets and heli's who are all blowing each other up does my game become unplayable. But if that's the kind of scenario you're after you probably shouldn't be using Blastcore in the first place.

Blastcore should run fine as long as you play more realistic scenario's with a couple of hand fulls of support units.

I ran some tests on a 4770K - GTX 690 - 32 gigs RAM, and a 5930K - GTX 980 - 16 gigs the other day, and in both cases Blastcore effects shat on my framerate by around 15 to 30 FPS flat. Which is considerable in a game where you have such an unstable framerate to begin with. And we're talking about watching a single chopper crashing to the ground.

I don't want to start some kind of shitty argument, which will end with the awful "i-it's not the mod which is problematic, it's your computer hrururhrurueheu !" argument being spouted to hell and back on three pages anyway. So let's simply put it this way : saying Blastcore doesn't affect framerate in a considerable way, and saying the only reason your framerate is impacted by Blastcore is because your computer is medicore is being excessively ignorant.

Now, i don't ask OS to fix or do anything. ArmA is ArmA, and performances in this game are shit to begin with, so when you're trying to make better effects, past a certain stage there's so much you can do. I'm just making a statement.

Edited by Dorak

Dorak - honestly whether you want to "hear-it" or not is a different thing, but Blastcore is not causing any noticeable FPS reduction for me, or others playing - we had 35 on the public last night and no complaints about BC at all - you say a reduction by 15-30 frames - what was your starting FPS; 120 ?

lol :)

I ran some tests on a 4770K - GTX 690 - 32 gigs RAM, and a 5930K - GTX 980 - 16 gigs the other day, and in both cases Blastcore effects shat on my framerate by around 15 to 30 FPS flat. Which is considerable in a game where you have such an unstable framerate to begin with. And we're talking about watching a single chopper crashing to the ground.

I don't want to start some kind of shitty argument, which will end with the awful "i-it's not the mod which is problematic, it's your computer hrururhrurueheu !" argument being spouted to hell and back on three pages anyway. So let's simply put it this way : saying Blastcore doesn't affect framerate in a considerable way, and saying the only reason your framerate is impacted by Blastcore is because your computer is medicore is being excessively ignorant.

Now, i don't ask OS to fix or do anything. ArmA is ArmA, and performances in this game are shit to begin with, so when you're trying to make better effects, past a certain stage there's so much you can do. I'm just making a statement.

I never said it didn't affect preformance, I just said it isn't noticible (to me). I will say however that I don't run Arma on max settings, and I have noticed in the past that the FPS can drop dramatically if you have, for instance, you're viewdistance and render distance set to high when there are FX heavy scenes going on.

But in some way that speaks for itself, because Arma is a game that lets you max out settings beyond most of the hardware that is commercially availeble to begin with. If you think you should be able to run the game comfortably with all settings maxed out and the viewdistance cranked up to 12km, just because you've pumped several thousands of dollars in your machine, then you're severely mistaken.

The game itself reccomends a viewdistance of around 6000 meters at Ultra settings if I'm not mistaken.

However I find it hard to believe that your framerate drops to 15 fps with just 1 helicopter crash, there's something else going on if that's the case. My fps will dip from 55 to around 45 when I run blastcore, but as long as the effects don't pile up to far, I hardly notice it.

I think as long as someone doesn't provide their hardware specs you can't deny hardware that isn't up to par as an argument. I mean its not in the interest of comparing dick size its in the interest of finding the source of the problem. You need good hardware to run Arma and you need hardware that trumps that to run Blastcore.

I will agree with you though, Arma 3 has horrible preformance issues, but it always has, and people should know what they're getting in for by now.

Edited by CyclonicTuna

This is staying in my mod set now, simply amazing. Continue the good work :cool:

Thanks

It depends on what you're doing, not so much on your PC.

Spawn in 100 GBU's on any PC, Blastcore or not, and the combined particle effects will knock your PC on it's arse.

The game itself reccomends a viewdistance of around 6000 meters at Ultra settings if I'm not mistaken.

6000 ? That's nuts !

I don't run more than 1500 max view with a 1200 object on the open and regularly tune the object distance lower in towns - what's the point of rendering objects you cannot even see over 1000m away ? :@)

Note I don't fly - I imagine being a birdman you would need more VD - granted.

I think 6000 is too little, i usually run 12000, because well, in real life, your not seeing a few thousand unless there's fog and such.

The view distance itself isn't the problem. The object drawing distance is.

what was your starting FPS; 120 ?

Around 80 or so.

If i could guarantee 50FPS after a 30FPS drop I'd - take that to the bank...

30fps is good playable Arma3 - 40 is very good. 50-60 - mid game ? Awesome

The view distance itself isn't the problem. The object drawing distance is.

Yeah that's what I meant with render distance, the object draw distance scales with the view distance to a degree.

I think 6000 is too little, i usually run 12000, because well, in real life, your not seeing a few thousand unless there's fog and such.

I can't tell wether you're joking or not, but if not what hardware are you packing because 12000 meters seems excessive.

My fps drops from 50 to like 15 when helicopters are crashing (Stratis airfield, single heli vs single AT rifleman). No other effect give me such a big fps drop.

And a little whining, if y'all don't mind =)) - I don't like how flame on burning vehicles looks. And the center of smoke grenades also doesn't look good - this square made of smoke puffs is not what I'd call a good effect.

WARFXPE.bikey stops our server from connecting to the steam servers. Does any else have this problem?

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Note: It's a linux server.

WARFXPE.bikey stops our server from connecting to the steam servers. Does any else have this problem?

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:28 ----------

Note: It's a linux server.

Linux servers are weird about upper case characters. I'm not positive, but this may be your issue.

Here's a quick tutorial on how to solve the case sensitivity issue for linux servers.

http://erictgrubaugh.com/play/games/arma/a3mp-mod-and-linux-server-compatibility/

Any possible solution to the giant balls tracers (look seem a Kamehameha(Dragon ball manga =) for incompatibility with other mods for example CAF Aggressors...

Im confused. This 3.1 stuff in playWithSix is this newest phoenix version, or phoenix is some kind of addon to it?