dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

Hello,

I'm trying to install from 0 Arma3 server in Ubuntu 16 , but once started, when I go to the client , kick me , he tells me that the authentication of steam fails.

And in the server console , I get the error of S_API FAIL :

525ac8ed91f840ee82f00c8ba47f5a69.png

Not what else to do , I took all day with this. I see people who feel the same, but I can not find the solution.

Some clue? Thanks in advance.

That looks fine and the server has started OK. (When it says "Connected to Steam servers" the startup has finished OK)

The S_API_FAIL message is probably due to the server not running the Steam GUI client.

If you are kicked from the server, it's due to some other reason.

Hi, I'm trying to update my old laptop Linux server from version 1.56 to the current one (1.58 it seems) so I can test my missions before uploading them to the groups I play with.

the app_update 233780 validate command doesn't seem to actually update the server to the latest version, because after 3 tries it seems that the server, when launched, still insists on sticking with version 1.56.  Because of this, I cannot see my server in the browser anymore much less connect to it in order to test my missions.

I tried looking around but I couldn't find any relevant information.

Quoting myself just in case anyone else has this problem and notices this post:

For me, the problem was that I had "force_install_dir ~/arma3" and so everything was being updated and downloaded into ~/Steam/~/arma3 which is really dumb and counterintuitive.  I was pretty mad when I realized what had happened.

Anyone else having the problem where loading a mission would cause the server to go back to the mission select screen? Seems like it started after the Apex expansion was released.

this should only happen if you load a mission which req. mod X, check your .rtp

Anyone else having the problem where loading a mission would cause the server to go back to the mission select screen? Seems like it started after the Apex expansion was released.

The same, with 1.62 "performance binary" also.

would need some repro for that, simple mission w/o mods ideally

Dwarden, thanks for the reply , an error in the Mod collection , is resolved.

What was the source of your problem?

I've noticed that the scenarios I can't load also shows the "no entry: gunparticles" error once opened in 3den. I don't know if that's just a coincident or not.

I'm running an Arma 3 server on a dedibox with Ubuntu 14.04 (Linux 3.13.0-71-generic x86_64). I followed installation instructions from BIKI.

This is console output: http://pastebin.com/yrdTZA8Z

Steam API returns:

{	"response": {		"success": true,		"servers": [			{				"addr": "(dedibox ip):2303",				"gmsindex": 65534,				"appid": 107410,				"gamedir": "Arma3",				"region": -1,				"secure": false,				"lan": false,				"gameport": 2302,				"specport": 0			}		]			}}

I cannot find the server on the list and I cannot connect to it via direct ip.

Is it possible to get steam workshop mods onto to my linux server and how might I go about it? Any advice appreciated!

Is it possible to get steam workshop mods onto to my linux server and how might I go about it? Any advice appreciated!

You can download Workshop mods with SteamCMD. They will save in a Workshop folder sorted by mod ID, so you'll need to copy or link them to your mod folder and rename them properly with @.

Dwarden can we get Linux HC fixed, with the check signature bug ?

Dwarden will this ever get fixed?

fyi: HC instance crashing when signature check is set to 2

I have a problem with the start parameter "-ranking" under Linux.
I wanted to capture the Player Statistics.
I have the parameter "-ranking = ranking.log" set in the server start parameters.
But I see no file "ranking.log".
Is this function under Linux not exist?

Hello!

We have experienced a major bug after the APEX update, we can't reach our server (both research in server list and distant connection).

The server start fine and no log problems has been detected. Solved (bug with @ALIVE)

Now, my mission won't launch (return to mission selection) if mod are actived on the server.

To know that i've tried to remove them one by one. The last remaining was CBA and after it was removed the mission launch.

But when I try with all mods without CBA and its dependencys the mission won't start.

Any idea? Solved but waiting for fix (bug with @CBA and All CUP)

Thanks!

Hi guys!

After some times and updates from each mod nothing change from my side!

All mission on Tanoa using CUP or CBA return to mission selection.

Any idea?

Check logs  :)

Hi guys!

Any idea?

I do, and its difficult to know what is the important thing when there is a lot of "normal" warnings or errors.

And more, i cant make a RPT file to send to the mod dev, all methods i've tested didn't work (create the good file but nothing inside).

Dwarden will this ever get fixed?

fyi: HC instance crashing when signature check is set to 2

Confirming that its fixed in latest PREF 

Hi guys!

Any idea?

After the APEX update, no more linux server are working.

Server are up & running but accept no player.

Player launch a mission but return to selected mission windows after select a role in the mission.

I did the test with and without Battleye active on the server.

I did the test on standard Arma Apex server and on Modded Arma Apex server, same result.

I did the test on new linux server Arma and on old Arma server just patched with APEX.

When do this bug will be corrected? 

no problems over here with the linux vanilla dedicated package.

Linux server works fine for me aswell!

I do have some questions tho as I'm getting a new cpu/ram later today

Do the malloc parameter work for linux? Can I just copy the malloc ddls from windows arma 3 client folder if so? Or should I use any special malloc just for linux? Will only have 8gb ddr4, so not sure if or what malloc would be useful for me.

And do anyone know what this parameter actually mean/do?

-disableServerThread : Option to disable the server send messaging thread in case of random crashing

"messaging thread" sounds important to have on, but maybe not. Just curious what the benefits are to disable it.. if any.

And is the arma3server capped at 2047 ram? Whenever I tried to use -maxMem= at anything higher than that value on my old machine the server wouldn't start / or get buggy even tho 8gb ram in the system.

And last question

I run HC and arma3server on the same machine and I was just wondering if I should limit the hc or server with cpuCount because of this?

Like, I will still only have 4 cores with my new cpu, could it somehow be bad if I do not use -cpuCount to limit , for example, the HC to cpuCount=1 ?

I find everything with arma really confusing, extremely diffrent opinions at each search result. I guess its a bit of trial n error and very diffrent with each system/machine. But any help with above questions would be appreciated! And any hints / tips on special system settings for fedora-server that I should be using/disabling for better server performance would also be very appreciated  :)

After the APEX update, no more linux server are working.

Server are up & running but accept no player.

You are loading too many pbos

[14649.251402] arma3server[1242]: segfault at fdcddcc6 ip 00000000fdcddcc6 sp 00000000f59fd2f8 error 14

[29091.382652] arma3server[1524]: segfault at fdcddcc6 ip 00000000fdcddcc6 sp 00000000f6d792f8 error 14

[43545.352514] arma3server[1634]: segfault at fdcddcc6 ip 00000000fdcddcc6 sp 00000000f5bff2f8 error 14

[43545.352589] arma3server[1633]: segfault at fdcddcc6 ip 00000000fdcddcc6 sp 00000000f6d332f8 error 14

??????What happen????

You are loading too many pbos

Are servers only able to handle using a certain number of mods?