dr_eyeball

Tactical Battlefield - A PvP Modification

I love your enthusiasm, but you guys have a problem on your server with performance, around 40 players it starts to desync.

I've been following this mod and I'm surprised to read this. We host 48 people on our server and suffer little desync.

I've been following this mod and I'm surprised to read this. We host 48 people on our server and suffer little desync.

We don't suffer desync on our server either, this is an unofficial server and therefore is not under our jurisdiction, but we feel that no matter whether your official or unofficial you should post your events as we support each other no matter what the conditions.

BECTI is CTI, CTI is basically a large version of AAS with AI, if you enjoy the AI aspect of Arma then TacBF isn't the mod for you.

For me at least the major flaw with running just mission based scripts is that eventually the mission gets so big it has a negative effect on server performance, also you can't create complex UI's or systems such as vehicle respawn and player respawn.

Fundamentally playing just missions without mods is the easiest form of gameplay that's why its the most popular, but if you decide to just develop via missions then you will get a limited amount of space to form your ideas and you will be forced to minimalize everything, this includes for example graphical systems etc.

I've taken a look at some of the changes made to missions such as wasteland or king of the hill, theres a lot that was built into the Arma 3 system which has been removed to help speed the mission up, doesn't that then defeat the point in developing Arma further if we ourselves can't create new ideas as mod makers and use the new systems developed by Bohemia to enhance the visual and virtual aspects of their game?

I agree that we should have a great mod which runs flawlessly, and we will get there, but I would hate to cut out Arma 3 systems in the process like other missions have done so.

I played this mod on Arma 2 when it was PR. It was a good start but the big problem I had with it was the slow pace of the game and I felt like I was always walking. Plus, acting as the resistance was never fun since we always had the crappy weapons. I always felt that it would have been more fun when two factions of equal military might went head to head using the PR/TactBF mechanics. The version of BECTI that I run has been turned into mostly PVP and I do a lot of tweaking to the mission to discourage using AI. Maybe I should give your new version another chance and check it out. Personally, I think the #1 reason you guys aren't more popular is because users have to download your mission file from a 3rd party site/app. It's too bad BIS hasn't developed a system like Playwith6 as a default way to join servers.

For me at least the major flaw with running just mission based scripts is that eventually the mission gets so big it has a negative effect on server performance, also you can't create complex UI's or systems such as vehicle respawn and player respawn.

Come on Dale.... All of the UI stuff and respawns we have are perfectly possible in a mission-only environment.

Sorry wasn't thinking when I posted :p

Edited by SavageCDN

Come on Dale.... All of the UI stuff and respawns we have are perfectly possible in a mission-only environment.

Your right my bad :D

Are there any plans to attract more players? I have checked the server browser several times in the last few weeks, but i have never seen more than 2 players on any of the servers. Maybe i was just very unlucky with the time, but i think, it is still quite a problem.

I'm running BECTI, I'm a bit on the fence about hosting this mission.

Third person script or option would be nice until then my community refuse to play it :( shame really

Tactical Battlefield v3.7 has been released.

Edit:

Note: Unfortunately, there is a minor popup error message upon start-up.

The script is empty so it will have no side-effect to the game play, apart from this first message, so we will not do a hot fix for it at this stage.

See 2nd post of TacBF 3.7 Change Log for more details.

Edited by Dr_Eyeball

Thanks for sending us the updated release! :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Dr_Eyeball) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

@ Dr_Eyeball

Played it just now.

There seems to be an issue with Squad leader.

Anyone that actually leads the squad-seems to progressively have lags in every (next)spawn..to a point the "deployment options" never actually initialize and the player (SL) stucks in main base in a "bugged" state.

*No proper loadout,black shaded screen borders

To fix it i disconnected to the lobby and reconnected as *plain squad member but then..the *other/new squad leader started complaining about the same issue i had before...

*Disregard bad English plz

Edited by GiorgyGR

This needs more players... Any kind of events happening? Like "every saturday at x PM"?

Agree with you Megagoth and only thing to help bring more players is to keep spreading the word about this nice PvP mod in various forums/medias/etc. and link to their website and some good YT videos as well as be friendly to newcomers and explain if they don't know how thing works...

For now the best time to find server populated is ~1900-2400 GMT.

/KC

Interesting (impressive), but maybe too tactical for me, need a new microphone first... Or do you think its doable without mic.?

Edited by tortuosit

Interesting (impressive), but maybe too tactical for me, need a new microphone first... Or do you think its doable without mic.?

Anything is doable..but real time (efficient) comms was always being an essential part..

*Between us..for years now i m using a microphone less than 1.5eu cost.

Everything is fine..of course my outstanding voice makes it even better :D

@tortuosit: AFAIK a microphone is not mandatory to play on the TacBF servers. I've seen several using chat for their comms but as GiorgyGR says VoIP will make you 10x more efficient in your teamwork.

/KC

I think the problem with the playerbase is the very very poor performance of this Mod. I know allot of people who want to play this really allot but nobody wants to play pvp with 13-20 fps, so the problem is behind performance in my opinion.