How serious we are

How often we play

Not a Question

Player Position on Earth

Websites or Forum

Dedicated Servers

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Too Long Didn't Read

Q: Wow, I can tell you guys are awesome by your stupid name, and don’t like to waste time with any introductions, how do I join?

A: Thank you for your early enthusiasm. Joining “Semi Realistic ARMAâ€, or SERE for short, is really simple. Simply add TheCanadianVendingMachine on Steam and tell him you want to join – he’ll send you an invite to the Steam community group and you’re in! Alternatively you can find him on our Teamspeak, at - 50.23.129.101:10027 under the username: Danyluk.

Submission Questions

Q: That seems a little too simple… don’t you screen your applications?

A: We believe everyone should have a fair shot at joining SERE. However, there is a group of highly trained monkeys who will screen each and every application. SERE does not judge a member based on their skill level. We tolerate all skill levels and, if the member is willing and cooperative, we will assist them in their gaming journey. If we find a member of SERE doesn’t really fit our philosophy, or lack thereof, then they will be silently removed from the group and never talked about again.

Requirements

Q: So are there any requirements to join?

A: You just need to be able to use Teamspeak (a voice chatting program like Ventrillo or Mumble). We are using Taskforce Radio so Teamspeak is a must. We can help you set it up if you need assistance. Other than Taskforce, we require ACE for ARMA II. Again, if you need help setting it up let us know. Other than that, no mods(unless the scenario requires it), but we suggest a few to make life a bit easier.

Name Origin

Q: Is your name really a stupid acronym?

A: Actually, the name is just a brief description on what we do. Although we do like to have fun, we want a good "realistic" scenario as we can get!

What we Are

Q: I feel as a new member of SERE I should understand what SERE actually is… so… uh… what is it?

A: SERE is an semi-casual ARMA 2/3 group. We understand two things about ARMA, that it should be fun, and that you need to work together. We are a group of individuals who understand the meaning of “free time†and won’t waste it. Some of us are just in high school, but we all play together for love of the game.

How serious are we

Q: On a scale of 1 to 10 how seriously do you take ARMA 2/3?

A: 57. Don’t misunderstand, just because we are “semi-casual†doesn’t mean we don’t value the importance of planning, cooperation and teamwork… we just have a lot of fun doing it (and most of the time our plans unravel right before our eyes). Our goal is to complete cooperative missions and have fun doing it. Sometimes the means of which are a little unorthodox.

Time we play

Q: When do you guys play? How often?

A: Hard to say, we schedule events on our Steam Group Calendar so everyone gets notifications before we play. We try for at least two coop games a week and start playing anywhere between 4:00PM – 8:00PM EST (-5 GMT) afterwards, if we have time, we usually do an informal TVT or Deathmatch. Of course if you joined SERE you could always schedule your own events so you can hypothetically play whenever you want.

FAQ Question

Q: This FAQ is really long; I doubt many people will read this far down.

A: That’s not a question, but you’re probably right.

Location's in the World

Q: I’m from Europe/Asia/Antarctica/Mars and that’s way too late for me, but I really want to join your awesome community.

A: We want the most multi-cultural friendly group as we can, even if they are sleep walkers. Just because we are North American based doesn’t mean we can’t have games in other timezones as well. The beauty of our community is that anyone can start a game. So if you’re “differentâ€, by all means, join up! I’m sure other "different people†will love to have you.

Website or Forums

Q: Do you guys have a website or a forum?

A: We don’t really feel we need one, and we certainly don’t want to waste time by forcing people to read a forum. Simply check the calendar, join Teamspeak and play ARMA.

Dedicated Server

Q: Do you guys have a dedicated server?

A: Well, no. But the hosts internet is great! (Citation Needed). Actually, if the hosts internet isn't doing great that day. There won't be any game session

And as always, have fun!

Edited by TheCanadianVending