Sign in to follow this  
henrique_rp

Cannot lock onto anything with cannon or rockets after using the latest beta patch.

Hello guys,

After one year away from Arma, I decided to get back and had to install the latest Beta Patch because now Community Based Addons will only work with it and the best sound mod we have, requires it.

Anyway, after running Arma2 with the latest beta patch, I've noticed the cannon on helicopters has become completely useless since it won't lock onto anything anymore: vehicles, tanks, aircraft; nothing.

Is this a known bug?

Why would the developers break something that was perfectly functional?

I have the same problem. But it seems like it's not caused by betapatch, but by CBA addon itself. When I run beta without it, helicopters work just fine...

After some extensive looking up in the forums and in the Community Issue Tracker I've found out this is a feature added in the latest beta patch for OA and default for A3. Basically you have to enable "Auto guide AT" in the difficulty settings and all weapons will be able to lock on.

I just don't know why not a single soul popped up and gave this simple answer. I would have taken them 10 seconds to type the answers and it took me a few hours to sort through the terrible search engine this forum has. I think this is the first forum where people are actually supposed to know the answer to their questions before posting. Quite interesting.