nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

You did place a Userconfig folder with TFAR userconfig inside it on your server correct?

And you should have down the Enforce TFAR usage module in your mission at the least.  It helps to have the other modules down also to set your Side configurations.

11 hours ago, ski2060 said:

You did place a Userconfig folder with TFAR userconfig inside it on your server correct?
And you should have down the Enforce TFAR usage module in your mission at the least.  It helps to have the other modules down also to set your Side configurations.

There isn't a userconfig for TFAR anymore. The modules aren't necessary either.

Thanks for the help everyone. Currently radios are working only issue I am trying to resolve now is why I cannot use any assigned keys to change preset radio channels.....I can bring radio up and change them but not per stored keybind.

Fixed all my issues by using 1.-1.0.259...

Hallo gentlemen, 

I hav an question.  

I want to kick any player who is not conected to my TS serever with working TFAR, out of my Arma 3 server. 

I believe  this must have been asked milion times already, but my google searching abilities came up only with some rather empty and not that helpful thread in wich someone sugested: 

if(isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"task_force_radio"))then{endMission "END2";};

Wich doesnt look right to me.

I gues i could use the 

TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName

somehow.

Could it be something like that:

_ts_name = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName;

if (local player && _ts_name != "BlackLion TS server") then {
hint "you are not connected to BlackLion TS server, you will be kicked";
sleep 60;
endMission "END2";
};

In missions init.sqf? 

I have really low coding skill so .....................

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Mirek
edits i the proposed code
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mirek said:

Could it be something like that:

_ts_name = call TFAR_fnc_getTeamSpeakServerName;

if (local player && _ts_name != "BlackLion TS server") then {
hint "you are not connected to BlackLion TS server, you will be kicked";
sleep 60;
endMission "END2";
};

In missions init.sqf? 

I have really low coding skill so .....................

Any help would be appreciated.

Why don't you try it out?
Yes that would be the correct way. You should probably use the channel name instead of server name.. But that shouldn't matter much.
"local player" doesn't make any sense. The player is always local.

I dont ry it out, because iam at work, and have no acces to my game computer here, and got that idea and iam anxious to find out if it would work, too anxious to wait until get to my game computer. :-) Iam not using channel name because  Channel can have the same name on different servers.

On 17.10.2014 at 2:07 AM, auscleaver said:

Would love to see a base station setup that requires the player to sit at the desk to operate. Could incorporate more than one radio such as a JTAC system as well as the standard long range and have them set on speaker so they can be heard by those in the general area. Would be great for HQ radio ops and generally being able to listen in on multiple frequencies during operations.

Keep up the good work.

EDIT: Not sure how hard this would be to implement but I would love to see a booster or repeater station that can be deployed and erected by players in order to boost broadcast ranges. Being able to place them in the editor as well would be great, they could become a strategic objective in disrupting the enemy and player radio communications.

Would love to see this immersive aspect implemented, tactical networking aspects would create new scenarios for dedicated radio operators to keep the radio systems operative and defending their structures/vehicles. Already could see this enhanced to the arma3 sensor overhaul datalink send/receive/broadcast functions somehow included in this, to provide information from battlefield to the commanding elements and other units!

But now were just going to move to tfar 1.0 to test out the repeaters and etc on our zeus games :)

• Like 1

i am runing last beta 265 build and my RPT file is full of

private _lastCache = TFAR_ConfigCacheNamespace getVariable "T>

8:32:24 Error position: <TFAR_ConfigCacheNamespace getVariable "T>

8:32:24 Error Undefined variable in expression: tfar_configcachenamespace

8:32:24 File z\tfar\addons\core\functions\fnc_haveSWRadio.sqf, line 22

8:32:25 Error in expression <

1 hour ago, loopdk said:

i am runing last beta 265 build and my RPT file is full of

private _lastCache = TFAR_ConfigCacheNamespace getVariable "T>

8:32:24 Error position: <TFAR_ConfigCacheNamespace getVariable "T>

8:32:24 Error Undefined variable in expression: tfar_configcachenamespace

8:32:24 File z\tfar\addons\core\functions\fnc_haveSWRadio.sqf, line 22

8:32:25 Error in expression <

That stuff wasn't touched since January. Soo....
For one. Build 265 is not considered stable. Second it is outdated.
Also Undefined Variable errors only happen in scheduled scripts. TFAR is entirely unscheduled.
So it's an error on your end.
Please report beta build problems in Discord or Slack in the future.

Hello,

I have been trying to test out the Communications Tower from the latest Beta release, both the one you can place from 3den with the 50k range, and the script attached to a different tower object. Is there a minimal distance one has to be from the tower for it to be transmitted, similar to the ILBE pack's SATCOM, or does the signal emanate from the tower itself (so any one within 50km of the tower, no matter where you broadcasted from, will be able to hear you)? Also, is there a limit on the number of towers that can be placed on the map, either the 3den placed or script called version?

Also, as a side note, the static radio feature is interesting, but have you considered creating a static radio for input/broadcast? Having a radio system that could be placed on a table or inside a command trailer would be so useful, as we have a Command and control element that remains at an airfield to provide battle-space control, and it would be cool to have a static radio as an object within our HQ cargo trailer that you can sit at and use, much like a vehicle radio instead of having to carry around the pack. Maybe even a radio model with a chair that is a vehicle class? I may be oversimplifying this as I have no experience modding and very little in scripting.

Thank you for your work on this mod! It really is an integral mod for nearly every single Milsim group out there, and we definitely would be lost without it!

8 hours ago, LeClair said:

Hello,

I have been trying to test out the Communications Tower from the latest Beta release, both the one you can place from 3den with the 50k range, and the script attached to a different tower object. Is there a minimal distance one has to be from the tower for it to be transmitted, similar to the ILBE pack's SATCOM, or does the signal emanate from the tower itself (so any one within 50km of the tower, no matter where you broadcasted from, will be able to hear you)? Also, is there a limit on the number of towers that can be placed on the map, either the 3den placed or script called version?

Also, as a side note, the static radio feature is interesting, but have you considered creating a static radio for input/broadcast? Having a radio system that could be placed on a table or inside a command trailer would be so useful, as we have a Command and control element that remains at an airfield to provide battle-space control, and it would be cool to have a static radio as an object within our HQ cargo trailer that you can sit at and use, much like a vehicle radio instead of having to carry around the pack. Maybe even a radio model with a chair that is a vehicle class? I may be oversimplifying this as I have no experience modding and very little in scripting.

Thank you for your work on this mod! It really is an integral mod for nearly every single Milsim group out there, and we definitely would be lost without it!

If your signal can reach the tower then it will retransmit. Imagine someone standing at the tower with his Radio. If he can't receive you the tower also can't retransmit.
There is no limit on towers.
Yes.. We planned the ability to use other peoples LR Radios for 1.0. That has been scratched for 1.0 but will probably arrive in 1.1.
It is not really any different if you remotely use a Vehicle Radio or another players Radio or a Radio that is laying on a table.
That would require a Radio model but that's easy. I really like the Idea.. Can you do me a favor and post that on TFAR Github as a feature request?

Been having the following Teamspeak chat spam since updating to version 268. Clients seem to switch randomly every so often:

Dingus TFAR nosim NoPlugEn
1LT Dylan TFAR nosim NoPlugEn

7 hours ago, CPT J. Shaw said:

Been having the following Teamspeak chat spam since updating to version 268. Clients seem to switch randomly every so often:

1LT Dylan TFAR nosim NoPlugEn

No Spam. Stop posting beta stuff here. For that go to Discord or Slack.

18 hours ago, Stalker01 said:

It's interesting to hear the issues with either the terrain occlusion or maybe issues with LYTHIUM in our use of all the radios, from the PRC-152 to the aircraft sets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95j-A71M76g

A timestamp would be good. I don't have time to watch all that and listen carefully for any eventual errors anywhere.

• Like 1

A friend I'm playing with has TFAR cut out every now and then; the rest of us can hear each other just fine, but there are missions when he can hear us only some of the time or not at all. From what he's said, it seems like it happens with direct chat as well as radio chat. Not sure if this might have something to do with it, but he's based in Australia and has very high pings on my server in western Europe.

Is this something that's happened to others? It's well possible that it's a setup issue at his end, but I wanted to ask, in case this is a known but rare issue.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:32 AM, thirith said:

A friend I'm playing with has TFAR cut out every now and then; the rest of us can hear each other just fine, but there are missions when he can hear us only some of the time or not at all. From what he's said, it seems like it happens with direct chat as well as radio chat. Not sure if this might have something to do with it, but he's based in Australia and has very high pings on my server in western Europe.

Is this something that's happened to others? It's well possible that it's a setup issue at his end, but I wanted to ask, in case this is a known but rare issue.

A little hard to diagnose with the info at hand but I can tell you that my group had several members based overseas and combined with high pings we generally had communications issues with them while the rest of us performed fine. I think that it could be anything from the connection, to his audio set up, to his mic, etc etc. It could be any number of things but it does sound like its on his end. 

Thanks. I know I don't have much to go on at this point; I'll have to find some sort of systematic test in-game. Nevertheless, right now it basically looks like TFAR works perfectly fine for those of us with lower pings but it doesn't work as well for our Australian friend with his pings beyond 500.

• Like 1

We use a few channels to separate the command structure and set the frequencies to nice simple whole numbers to make it easy for people to setup their radios.

Can anyone point me to a recommended frequency setup/scheme to give good separation on 12 (does not sound like a few) channels channels.

Our current scheme uses frequencies 30, 31, 40, 41, 50-53, 60-63 (I guess MHz).  The issue I have is I suspect we are getting break through when the frequencies are too close an wonder if we should be putting more effort in to choosing our channel frequencies.

Thanks in advance.  S

21 hours ago, strider42 said:

We use a few channels to separate the command structure and set the frequencies to nice simple whole numbers to make it easy for people to setup their radios.

Can anyone point me to a recommended frequency setup/scheme to give good separation on 12 (does not sound like a few) channels channels.

Our current scheme uses frequencies 30, 31, 40, 41, 50-53, 60-63 (I guess MHz).  The issue I have is I suspect we are getting break through when the frequencies are too close an wonder if we should be putting more effort in to choosing our channel frequencies.

Thanks in advance.  S

Frequencies are stored and compared as text, not as numbers.
So 60.00000001 cannot interfere with 60.0

• Thanks 1

Another question from me: in a bunch of missions I've downloaded, we encountered the problem that TFAR stopped working when one of us was down; as soon as they were revived, it worked again. Those missions didn't use the default revive system but a mod (possibly AIS).

I've not done any consistent testing yet - but is this something others have encountered? Are there known conflicts between TFAR and certain revive systems?

Im no expert but if a missions uses AIS then there are settings that can prevent communication of any type especially TFAR

Just to be clear its designed that way IF mission designer wants it, not a conflict BUT am only speaking based on knowledge if AIS

Thanks. That sounds strange to me, though; I understand deactivating the radio for anyone who's down, but in a couple of missions it's happened that once one person was down, *no one* could use the radio until that person had been revived, which is just weird. Might well be a bug resulting from an old version of the revive script, though.