nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

A CBA Settings compatibility to replace removed userconfig would be nice.

I have just noticed that it is possible to take the same radio twice (let's say classename "tf_rf7800str_1") when using the Virtual Arsenal. Can i experience troubles if two players has the same radio and what kind of trouble ?

back in the years with ACRE, it was causing freq change replication trought network (you were able to change the frequency of another player at the same time as your).

(sorry for the double post, thought it was diffrent enought, sorry if it already has been answered, didnt found anything in the first post nor the doc)

I can hear dead people wtf

Same here unfortunately. Not sure if it is some kind of configuration issue (our group has changed a lot recently so some things aren't set up quite right yet) or the 1.62/Apex update has broken TFAR.

We have problems of that sort lately, too. The dead don't hear each other and the guys alive hear the dead sometimes.

My intention is to be a civilian Zeus as a game moderator.

Is it possible to configure TFAR or TS to listen and communicate with all sides (op, blue, guerilla, civilian) using long range radio.?

Of course i don't want to talk to all sides at once (only hear all communication).

Just be forced Zeus - you will have all LR radios.

Can you put this version on Github too?

Thanks

* LR radio is not given by default.

I hope this is an issue that has been fixed and not a change?

Why is the user config still not read ? I would understand dropping the user config when there was a CBA-based config, but that is not present, either

I'm having a slight problem with the plugin (I tried searching the topic but couldn't find anything), apparently sometimes what I say comes through both through the radio/whisper ingame but also once more half a second later (or perhaps before according to others description of the problem) in a different sound-quality/volume, as if it comes directly through teamspeak or through the ingame voice without going through the plugin, has anyone else had this problem and know how to bypass it? It's hard for me to know when it happens etc. since only my friends hear it.

hi nkey what is planned for the future for TFAR, come new functions such as relay station ... or no new functions more? :)

• Like 3

nkey, if it is possible, please unify versions to download.

On tfar side is still 0.9.8, in armaholic 0.9.11, on the beginng of this thread in description 0.9.8 but in links 0.9.11.

This is little bit confusing.

Regards.

• Like 2

Are the new Tano related Textures in the works?

US Tropic and CSAT Green Hex would be great for the Manpacks from an esstatic point of view.

• Like 1

TFAR version 0.9.11 isn't working with Teamspeak 3.1 (Beta), because TS systems has  changed his api to version 21

should plugin still be listed as 0.9.8

Yep, old version of plugin (tested) currently used. I will update it later.

Regarding new functions: I want to find some freelancer (C++ and SQF) to help with it for some money, because currently I have no much time for active development. I hope someone will PM me :)

Nkey, please, if you find the time, answer the questions in recent posts. There's a lot of confusion currently.

• Like 1

Are the new Tano related Textures in the works?

US Tropic and CSAT Green Hex would be great for the Manpacks from an esstatic point of view.

Since the project is open source, everybody is able to participate. You can find the source files including textures on github https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki.

Since the project is open source, everybody is able to participate. You can find the source files including textures on github https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki.

Everybody is so defencive these days and the most common answer these days is: "You wan't something go do it yourself...."

And my question is still not ansewerd, simple yes or no would do the trick.

Two questions about new version of TFAR:
1) is it proper that in package there is no userconfig?

2) after copying files to TS plugins dir, in TS plugins I see still 0.9.8. Is it proper? TS 3.0.19.4

Regards.

Two questions about new version of TFAR:

1) is it proper that in package there is no userconfig?

2) after copying files to TS plugins dir, in TS plugins I see still 0.9.8. Is it proper? TS 3.0.19.4

Regards.

To answer this and a lot of others:

- its easy to test if user config is needed, run the mos without it and see if you get a "blah.cpp not found"

- nkey has stated that the plugin has not been updated for a while

TFR has been working flawlessly on our end through these updates in a dedicated environment.

- its easy to test if user config is needed, run the mos without it and see if you get a "blah.cpp not found"

What is that supposed to mean, "if the user config is needed"

It is not "needed" in the sense that it does not need to be present, because quite frankly, it's not even read in.

But that's the point, I have been asking this several times now and was always ignored: Why is the user config no longer read ? There is no alternative for reading user settings, so why the heck remove user config ? It messes up working servers, and the only thing that can be done is modify TFAR so it does include it again.

I just don't get it, and quite frankly, I wonder why this question is always ignored ?

• Like 2

i think its due to the the mod adapted to the steam workshop, which i think does not allow user config folders/files. but unfortunately it looks like nkey doesnt have any time to provide an alternative at the moment...

i think its due to the the mod adapted to the steam workshop, which i think does not allow user config folders/files. but unfortunately it looks like nkey doesnt have any time to provide an alternative at the moment...

So how will we be able to configure TFAR without a userconfig? Some aspects are crucial, like having all personal radios for all and having the same LR and DD frequency for own side? Frankly, without that we won't be able to use TFAR on our dedicated coop server, and I suppose a lot of groups won't either.

• Like 1