Sign in to follow this  
progamer

What to do after bringing a model into oxygen?

What do I do once I bring a gun model into oxygen? Do I have the magazine as a separate model? What do i have to do to make it game ready?

Sorry if this is already posted, couldn't find anything about this.

Does positioning of the grip matter with Arma 3 animations?

Edited by ProGamer

If you have new tools then honestly given your inability to understand and or look at what you have downloaded , take my advice and delete the model you have downloaded and converted and be a progamer not apoor modder , I mean that in all sincerity.

If you havent downloaded A3 tools please do , you wont need any help for at least a week , I promise because in that download is all you need to know to get a gun in game alomg with advice here on forums and open source weapon from tba m16 and kiorysa80

Lastly saying you have search when you havent really is very very low and unrespectful to all them before you who have spent time to write help and make tutorials and given work so you may learn .

Edited by Sealife

If you've already brought the gun model into Oxygen, then why not just look up an existing Arma 2 tutorial on making personal weapons?

If you've already brought the gun model into Oxygen, then why not just look up an existing Arma 2 tutorial on making personal weapons?

I have and am working on it. I got the model here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iueb7dcidqk4scc/hk416.p3d

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

If you have new tools then honestly given your inability to understand and or look at what you have downloaded , take my advice and delete the model you have downloaded and converted and be a progamer not apoor modder , I mean that in all sincerity.

If you havent downloaded A3 tools please do , you wont need any help for at least a week , I promise because in that download is all you need to know to get a gun in game alomg with advice here on forums and open source weapon from tba m16 and kiorysa80

Lastly saying you have search when you havent really is very very low and unrespectful to all them before you who have spent time to write help and make tutorials and given work so you may learn .

Yes I say stupid things a lot, but that is no reason to give up on things.

Edited by ProGamer

I have and am working on it. I got the model here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iueb7dcidqk4scc/hk416.p3d

---------- Post added at 01:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:43 ----------

Yes I say stupid things a lot, but that is no reason to give up on things.

Just install the new tools and go to your Steam folder.

Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Samples_F\Test_Weapon_01

Check it out how it's done in that folder and check if it works.

As for Rvmat etc. look how thats done on the Bi wiki in the Arma 2 area.

Just install the new tools and go to your Steam folder.

Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Samples_F\Test_Weapon_01

Check it out how it's done in that folder and check if it works.

As for Rvmat etc. look how thats done on the Bi wiki in the Arma 2 area.

I have downloaded the tools and had them since they were released.

I have downloaded the tools and had them since they were released.

I'm pointing you into the direction of the sample models of where you should take notice of how BIS made configured their models in Arma 3.

If you do the same with your model in terms of model selections, lods, etc. you should be fine.

about the p3d you posted:

1. it is way too big in size ;)

2. it has WAY to many faces. Maximum faces O2 can read is 20000 (arma2) yours has 50000. Also, a gun should not exceed 3000 faces in the first lod.

look at this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20601 to get started :)

How should I go about correcting the size? I'm using the O2 for Arma 3, does it have the same limit? Because it works with it.

i used the wrong term, o2 is able to show the model, but buldozer won't, and buldozer is essentially the arma3 engine.

i don't use O2 for modelling, best you do that in blender, and look for the tutorials there.

i used the wrong term, o2 is able to show the model, but buldozer won't, and buldozer is essentially the arma3 engine.

i don't use O2 for modelling, best you do that in blender, and look for the tutorials there.

So faces are polygons on a model? Or vertices?

Edit: nm

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

about the p3d you posted:

1. it is way too big in size ;)

2. it has WAY to many faces. Maximum faces O2 can read is 20000 (arma2) yours has 50000. Also, a gun should not exceed 3000 faces in the first lod.

look at this: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20601 to get started :)

First LOD? I got the gun model down to about 15000 faces. LODs are extremely confusing on how to create. Just spent 3 hours trying to figure out to make the LODs... Argh!

Edited by ProGamer

So faces are polygons on a model? Or vertices?

Edit: nm

---------- Post added at 03:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 ----------

First LOD? I got the gun model down to about 15000 faces. LODs are extremely confusing on how to create. Just spent 3 hours trying to figure out to make the LODs... Argh!

Hey bud, Bjorn Christian Sebak has a website ofp.gamepark.cz or something like that. Google it. That is where i learned the very basics on Lods. If you need my help or advice you can hit me up on steam: vainbeginnings. or Weskruger86@ gmail. I'm not a pro by any means, but willing to help.

Hey bud, Bjorn Christian Sebak has a website ofp.gamepark.cz or something like that. Google it. That is where i learned the very basics on Lods. If you need my help or advice you can hit me up on steam: vainbeginnings. or Weskruger86@ gmail. I'm not a pro by any means, but willing to help.

This page? http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

Nice tutorial! Helped a ton. But it does not get into shadow LODs or Distance LODs. Also have a few issues with bulldozer crashing oxygen.

Does the .FBX form have the shadow lod already?

Should the magazine be attached to the gun in the model? Or off of the weapon?

Edited by ProGamer

Nice tutorial! Helped a ton. But it does not get into shadow LODs or Distance LODs.

This one explains the Resolution LODs (OFP based)

http://www.lowlandswarrior.nl/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6&Itemid=8

This gives a basic about shadow lod

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Creating_Shadow_LODs

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?69434-Shadow-LOD

Edit: I cannot seem to load it in buldozer. Could some help me with whats wrong? https://www.dropbox.com/s/iueb7dcidqk4scc/hk416.p3d

For the shadow lod, do i need to create a model in oxygen?

Edited by ProGamer

Edit: I cannot seem to load it in buldozer. Could some help me with whats wrong? https://www.dropbox.com/s/iueb7dcidqk4scc/hk416.p3d

The model has too many vertices to be shown in Buldozer, you should reduce it.

For creating the shadow lod you create a model in the LOD that resembles your weapon.

You can create a very basic shadow LOD in Oxygen, i often just create a box that i use for placeholders on Oxygen until i get the proper one done, Zach's guide to custom weapons explains the Shadow and Geometry LOD, if you follow his guide, even use the model he included in the tutorial first before doing your own.

Back to the shadows, most people will create the shadow and geometry LOD in 3DS Max or Blender (or Maya or whatever) from simple rectangular shapes and then import them into Oxygen.

For a basic shadow LOD you can use the same as Geometry LOD, but in actual fact the Geometry LOD should be a series of boxes to make a shape that mimics the weapon, but is slightly larger than the actual weapon (i.e. so that the weapon will fit inside the entire geo LOD), while the shadow LOD should be slightly smaller than the weapon (i.e. the shadow LOD should be completely inside the weapon model and never outside), the reason for this is, if the shadow LOD is larger than the weapon, it will cast shadows onto the weapon as if it were inside a cardboard box, so I came up with a solution that uses a series of flat planes at cross angles, but this is getting rather advanced.

I would suggest following Zach’s guide, it is spot on, it helped me and is a top bloke that is doing some kick ass models for our weapons pack

edit: Some times i get a 'Too Many Vertices' message when i try to load a model with anywhere between 15,000 - 20,000 faces, if it is telling you 'Too Many Vertices' then you need to reduce it more, if it is not saying anything and just crashing, it must have another problem, i cannot look at the model until I'm home tonight after work.

The model has too many vertices to be shown in Buldozer, you should reduce it.

For creating the shadow lod you create a model in the LOD that resembles your weapon.

Too many vertices? I was told around 15000 was ok.

Too many vertices? I was told around 15000 was ok.

When you launch Buldozer with a model that has to many Vertices it will say 'Too Many Vertices' and not load the model, if Buldozer is crashing and not saying anything then the issue is something else

When you launch Buldozer with a model that has to many Vertices it will say 'Too Many Vertices' and not load the model, if Buldozer is crashing and not saying anything then the issue is something else

Bulldozer works with it but doesn't show anything visually.

Then the model is too big.

You either need to get a lower poly model or find a depreciate tool, that doesn't destroy the model.

Blender has it as a feature.

....... And before you ask another basic question here, try using forum search first or even google. Most of this has been answered many times already.