Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Operation Aegean Shield - British Armed Forces

hi nightmare top class mod, any chance you could make the rifleman have kiory l85a2 as standard, thanks keep up the good work

hi nightmare top class mod, any chance you could make the rifleman have kiory l85a2 as standard, thanks keep up the good work

I'm waiting for Kiory to release more variants of the L85A2.

I'm waiting for Kiory to release more variants of the L85A2.

I just noticed that apparently kiory's previous L85 was the RIS version which he thought was awful and made the recent vanilla version. Perhaps the RIS one could be utilized for now?

Edited by Modder

I just noticed that apparently kiory's previous L85 was the RIS version which he thought was awful and made the recent vanilla version. Perhaps the RIS one could be utilized for now?

Im not sure he will as they are so thin they look terrible with optics (ris rail is half the size of optic mount) and there is no gl either so I'm guess we are stuck with the f2000 for a while as kiory seems to be making a challnger before the new l85s

I'm getting permission from Antoineflemming to use his awesome textures for the Brits.

One question about your plans for the Brits. What items do you intend on retexturing?

One question about your plans for the Brits. What items do you intend on retexturing?

I want to get the normal textures, but I'd also love permission to use your uniforms, vests, and helmets. I'll be retexturing an ECH, the Kitbag, the Assault Pack, and the Carryall. I will also code up some variations on the uniforms to have Tee, Recon, and Combat versions.

I promise you that I will give you full credit in Bold.

I want to get the normal textures, but I'd also love permission to use your uniforms, vests, and helmets. I'll be retexturing an ECH, the Kitbag, the Assault Pack, and the Carryall. I will also code up some variations on the uniforms to have Tee, Recon, and Combat versions.

I promise you that I will give you full credit in Bold.

For using the uniforms, vests, and helmets, just have my addon as a required addon (including my UK combat uniforms). I'll send you the MTP texture later today. As for OCP, AlexVestin has a better one. I just made my own so that I could make several variations of it. But mine isn't realistic.

For using the uniforms, vests, and helmets, just have my addon as a required addon (including my UK combat uniforms). I'll send you the MTP texture later today. As for OCP, AlexVestin has a better one. I just made my own so that I could make several variations of it. But mine isn't realistic.

Ok, thanks a bunch!

Ok, thanks a bunch!

Actually, just do your own retextures with this: http://imageshack.com/a/img132/5046/dp0j.jpg

Made it a bit more green like the real pattern. This camo is MTP, and is designed to go over a 2048p texture (so if your textures are 4096p, then just upscale the camo to 4096p). Don't scale it over the boonie hat. Just paste as is for those.

Actually, just do your own retextures with this: http://imageshack.com/a/img132/5046/dp0j.jpg

Made it a bit more green like the real pattern. This camo is MTP, and is designed to go over a 2048p texture (so if your textures are 4096p, then just upscale the camo to 4096p). Don't scale it over the boonie hat. Just paste as is for those.

I'll try to do that, but I am quite terrible at reskins. My method is placing a transparent normal map over the camo and then selecting and pasting the details I want onto the normal map/camo. I have no idea how you do your camo, and if you could tell me through PMs that would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Also, if you wouldn't mind sending me or telling me how you did the clothing texture that would be nice. :)

What would be sweet would be a small quick and simple tutorial for reskins like adding colors to certain areas and stuff. :) Again, thanks.

I'll try to do that, but I am quite terrible at reskins. My method is placing a transparent normal map over the camo and then selecting and pasting the details I want onto the normal map/camo. I have no idea how you do your camo, and if you could tell me through PMs that would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Also, if you wouldn't mind sending me or telling me how you did the clothing texture that would be nice. :)

What would be sweet would be a small quick and simple tutorial for reskins like adding colors to certain areas and stuff. :) Again, thanks.

Use my template to do it then. It has a camo layer so that you can just overlay the camo on quite nicely. Everything you need. Here:

Download (MediaFire) [318.3MB]: https://www.mediafire.com/?ek5y9vt13144a68

Just to let you guys know that Im following the discussion on this retexturing thing. Id like to learn how to retexture myself! Downloaded the above templates.

Would you guys be able to provide a sample config on how to setup a new unit with a new retexture?

Just to let you guys know that Im following the discussion on this retexturing thing. Id like to learn how to retexture myself! Downloaded the above templates.

Would you guys be able to provide a sample config on how to setup a new unit with a new retexture?

Guides and sample configs here:

Arma3 Characters Modding Tutorial

[Tutorial]Simple Re-texturing Guide (From Start To Finish)

I've managed to throw together some new stuff!

Now with better MTP, generously given to me by Antoineflemming.

mgXwAUs.jpg

We also now have Urban Terrain Pattern.

I still have to do backpacks and SF uniforms, the Maritime crew will continue using CTRG uniforms.

I've managed to throw together some new stuff!

Now with better MTP, generously given to me by Antoineflemming.

http://i.imgur.com/mgXwAUs.jpg

We also now have Urban Terrain Pattern.

I still have to do backpacks and SF uniforms, the Maritime crew will continue using CTRG uniforms.

Did you happen to be inspired by Slatts Urban units from A2? :D

Amazing camo's, look forward to the release!

Did you happen to be inspired by Slatts Urban units from A2? :D

Amazing camo's, look forward to the release!

...How did you know?!

Also thanks. :D

I've pixelated the UTP so it looks a lot more like an Urban camo.

...How did you know?!

Also thanks. :D

I've pixelated the UTP so it looks a lot more like an Urban camo.

Slatts has the only Urban guys around here I believe, atleast as of lately and until these guys come. :D

I wouldnt mind seeing the new edits you've made to the camo. Could you kindly post a screenshot up for it?

In a sec. Still working on it, and tbh I don't like it that much. :P

...How did you know?!

N'awwwh <3 I was thinking of doing something similar being settling on urban DPM but this looks better then anything I could do :p

I'm renaming this from Operation Aegean Shield, to Operation Magnitude.

I'm renaming this from Operation Aegean Shield, to Operation Magnitude.

Dont tell me this was inspired by the Youtube video?

Hum, I don't think so.

Operation Magnitude was the first name of the original ArmA 3 campaign