No. It is not caused by CBA. It is due to the the status HUD addon running a script that has dialog-related variables. When a game is saved, any and all spawned scripts that have variables referencing GUI items will stop. The fix for this problem can be seen in step 3 in post #43 above. One has to detect a save-then-reload and then re-launch the "ICE_HUD" thread.

THANK YOU! I changed it in the pbo and the HUD re-appears after saving and loading the mission.

@OP, shouldn't you distribute the addon with that change?

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

I switched to finer compass directions, but 3 letters do not match fully. How can I unpack?/edit the config.bin?

switch (true) do {
		case (_dir >= 348.75 || _dir < 11.25): {_heading = "N";};
		case (_dir >= 11.25 && _dir < 33.75): {_heading = "NNE";};
		case (_dir >= 33.75 && _dir < 56.25): {_heading ="NE";};
		case (_dir >= 56.25 && _dir < 78.75): {_heading ="ENE";};
		case (_dir >= 78.75 && _dir < 101.25): {_heading ="E";};
		case (_dir >= 101.25 && _dir < 123.75): {_heading ="ESE";};
		case (_dir >= 123.75 && _dir < 146.25): {_heading ="SE";};
		case (_dir >= 146.25 && _dir < 168.75): {_heading ="SSE";};
		case (_dir >= 168.75 && _dir < 191.25): {_heading ="S";};
		case (_dir >= 191.25 && _dir < 213.75): {_heading = "SSW";};
		case (_dir >= 213.75 && _dir < 236.25): {_heading = "SW";};
		case (_dir >= 236.25 && _dir < 258.75): {_heading ="WSW";};
		case (_dir >= 258.75 && _dir < 281.25): {_heading ="W";};
		case (_dir >= 281.25 && _dir < 303.75): {_heading ="WNW";};
		case (_dir >= 303.75 && _dir < 326.25): {_heading ="NW";};
		case (_dir >= 326.25 && _dir < 348.75): {_heading ="NNW";};
	};

Edited by tortuosit

Havent tried this mod yet but it seems really awesome already, really close to what I need for my missions.

Im new to this kind of arma editing, (only played around with the editor for many many many years :) ) so im wondering is it possible to change the fatigue/stamina percentage meter to something like a horizontal bar.

Kind of a weird way to explain this propably as I dont natively speak english, but basically a horizontal bar that you would for example see in fighting games as your health bar, bar loses content when you lose health/get fatigued.

Also am I allowed to edit this and perhaps one day release a edited version of the script in a mission of mine? With you being in the credits of course for creating this addon.

But anyways thanks for making an addon like this Im sure its really helpful for a lot of mission makers including me.

I have been using this addon for awhile now and just realized I could use the script and include in my missions for my non-addon using friends. Thanks, it is a very handy script.

There's an update in PW6 network, what's new? Because I already have made some changes in my pbo, i.e. it survives savegames plus it uses directions N, Ne, NE, En, E etc...

Hey, I wanna start thanking you for creating this great addon. Secondly Iwould like to make a suggestion, and I'm shure Pilots will dig it, would it be possible to add the altitude above sea level?

Cheers!

Nice mod, but sadly it conflicts with the "Digital Compass Bearing Mod by BearBison" http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19489

Too bad. I would REALLY like to use both at the same time. Or have a 3 digit compass bearing added to the left of the compass in the Status HUD. When you're communicating with friends in your group, it's nice to have an exact 3-digit bearing.

I was able to edit a couple of lines to get the digital compass bearing to work; but it's not just 3 digits it is 6 digits (I would like to round it up or down to only display 3 digits).

NOTE: I disabled the FPS Feature.

ICE_HUD = 
{
   waitUntil {!isNull player};
   if (!local Player) exitWith {};

disableSerialization; 
   ("ICE_Layer" call BIS_fnc_rscLayer) cutRsc ["TAG_ICEHUD","PLAIN"];

_display = uiNamespace getVariable "TAG_ICE_display"; 
   _ctrlDir = _display displayCtrl 520500; 
   //_ctrlFps = _display displayCtrl 520501;
_ctrlHps = _display displayCtrl 520502;
_ctrlSta = _display displayCtrl 520503;

private "_heading";
   while {!isNull _display} do {

sleep 0.1;
       //_ctrlFps ctrlSetText format ["%1", round diag_fps];
       _ctrlHps ctrlSetText format ["%1%2", round((1 - (damage player)) * 100), "%"];
	_ctrlSta ctrlSetText format ["%1%2", round((1 - (getFatigue player)) * 100), "%"];

switch (true) do {
           case (GetDammage Player < 0.25): {_ctrlHps ctrlSetTextColor [0,0.5,0,1];}; 
           case (GetDammage Player >= 0.25): {_ctrlHps ctrlSetTextColor [1,1,0,1];};         
           case (GetDammage Player >= 0.5): {_ctrlHps ctrlSetTextColor [1,0.645,0,1];};
           case (GetDammage Player >= 0.75): {_ctrlHps ctrlSetTextColor [1,0,0,1];};
	    case (getFatigue Player < 0.20): {_ctrlSta ctrlSetTextColor [0,0,1,1];}; 
           case (getFatigue Player >= 0.20): {_ctrlSta ctrlSetTextColor [1,1,0,1];};         
           case (getFatigue Player >= 0.40): {_ctrlSta ctrlSetTextColor [1,0.645,0,1];};
           case (getFatigue Player >= 0.60): {_ctrlSta ctrlSetTextColor [1,0,0,1];};
	};

If (vehicle player != player) Then {
           _dir = getDir vehicle player;
		_ctrlDir ctrlSetText format [str _dir];

} Else {
           _dir = getDir player;
		_ctrlDir ctrlSetText format [str _dir];
       };

};

};
sleep 0.005;
[] spawn ICE_HUD;

Picture:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=321484625

Example mission with Status_HUD w/ digital bearing and Digital Altimeter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cdi0b8ugck2rqnh/Status_HUD_Bearing.Stratis.zip?dl=0

Edited by csk222

Nice work csk222 ! ! ! But I'm not a code person. I have no clue what to do with this text.

I'll see if there's a file I can open in notepad to compare this info and copy and paste some of the code over.

BTW, I agree that the FPS counter should be optional.

The FPS feature is the reason I use it.. lol :-)

i would love to try this mod out, but the download isn't working, i just get to a 404 error page on dropbox :(

like it says the file has either been deleted or moved.

can sum 1 help i would like to move the hud to like the middle right side of the screen i have been trying for like 2 hrs to try and get it right would sum 1 have it all ready that i can have hope so thanks :) :)

Edited by R0adki11

When I die and load from my last save point the HUD is gone. No matter what kind of mission i am playing....?

I think its because the ICE_Hud does not get enabled after respawn and/or reload.

[] spawn ICE_HUD; 

Edited by BennetArms