Group Manager, Loadout and Paper Doll addon

Updated on.. 11/04/2015 V1.05

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD PBO W/OUT REVIVE

OR

DOWNLOAD PBO W/REVIVE

AND

DOWNLOAD USERCONFIG FILE to be placed in Arma 3 User config dir as

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\Subliminal_Scripts\Settings.hpp

For reference

DOWNLOAD ZIP OF UN-PBOD

====Changelog====

• V1.05

Edited the Interface Common Settings to point to the correct location for assets post marksmen update.

Added Norrn's Revive Script so you can be revived and revive group members.
Seperate PBOs ONLY USE 1

• V1.04

Added a reset under Radio 0. (0-0-0) When activated this will reset the monitoring for all Key Commands That this mod uses and therefore support saved and reloaded games.

Edited the Interface Common Settings to point to the correct location for "\ca\ui_f\data\ui_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa" and other PAA files relating to the scrollbar.

• V1.03

Added GUI for spawning and deleting wardrobe. Default mapped to END Key. Radio Action removed.

Changed the Opening command for the Group Manager menu. Instead of being action menu activated this is now activated by the Home key.

Added a user config file for defining the keys of the Group Manager and Load out Manager interfaces. By Default HOME is for Group Manager and END is for load out manager.

====Changelog End ====

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------Post------------------------------------------------------------

I have made a few scripts for my use that I use for the single player campaign. I was missing some of my favourite features like my armory and being able to manage groups a bit.

I have 4 Parts to my scripts

• Virtual Arsenal available at all ammoboxes as standard.

• aeroson's fantastic Loadout management system is available at all ammoboxes. Also Big Kudos to Aeroson for a fantastic utility.

This allows you to save your loadout in a persistent location allowing jumping from mission to mission and loading persistent gear.
Also you can order your team to the box and it will change their gear.

There is also a wardrobe that you can spawn by using the wardrobe interface. As default Bound to the END Key

• A group management system. This uses Arrays from the mouse target mainly and is written by me.

It allows you to

1, Recruit the cursor target to your group.

2, add the cursor target to a global array

3, create new groups (normal and highcommand) from this array

4, grab someone's ass and drag him out of that cammo netting ;)

5, reset someone's animation state so you can recruit a decorative dude.

• Norrin's Revive Script for group members A big thanks to Norrin for this as its a great utility.

This feature essentially works by running norrin's revive script against your squad at mission runtime. Or when you prompt it to re-load by running 0-0-0 on the radio to "Reset Interfaces"

So this is expandable to be run when you recruit people on your travels. However the is a caveat. They have to be named in the mission editor. If placed by Zeus or randomly spawned in likely it wont work because they don't have a name. Otherwise load up Zeus and Name them, or make sure they are named in the Mission editor and everything is good.

Note Even Though the directory is named Subliminal Scripts I take no credit for the fantastic work of the other addon makers, my scripts pale in comparison and not for one second do I take for granted the time and effort gone into them.

With Regards to Norrin's revive script. Once you recruit a group member you have to reset the interfaces (0-0-0 radio) to re-load the init.sqf that goes through all members in the group and assigns them to the pool of revivable characters, otherwise they just die. Also they have to be named. Else the script cannot identify them.

Edited by SubliminalSS

Both downloads are 404 right now. :D

Can you also elaborate a bit more about what this Mod does exactly? I'm familiar with Dyslecxi Paper Doll Gear Menu, but what is Aeroson's Loadout Management System? And I really couldn't understand the group management system.

Also, I guess the ammoboxes in the campaign (haven't played it yet) are not full with every possible item (like Dyslecxi's menu was): does this mean that the ammoboxes will be now refilled with everything even though in vanilla campaign they are not?

Yay!

I need to stop using spaces in everything... try the linkies now

So the group Management system basically adds some interaction with units at the other end of the mouse cursor.

its basically a point and shoot group management. So you can recruit the guy you are looking at, this makes him join your group.

Following on from that there is a global array which is basically a temporary list. You add whoever you're pointing at to this list.

From here you can then force them into a new group or promote them to a high command group providing the module is on the map.

I like sandboxing from pretty FOBs, hence the camp maxwel and then the ability to recruit/dismiss/promote guys.

Some debug features include. Attaching the Target to you so you can move them when they get stuck in random locations like camo netting or a table. Resetting their animation back to nothing so if someone gets stuck in a loop patching someone up or even in the campaign there is one mission where this was handy. (Had to move the medic away from a dead pilot) this also gives the facility to reccruit decorative guys as it kicks the AI back into life in the process by default BIS script disabled AI targeting movement and animation change ability using the "DisableAI" command.

The ammoboxes thing run a global initialization that adds paper doll as an option to all ammoboxes. Note no ammoboxes are filled with anything its important this isn't done to not cause collisions with mission defined loadouts

Also adds the option to store current loadout and then reload later. This is Aerosons script and its fantastic to be honest. I cant describe it but you should now be able to try it out. Couple of times in the campaign I choose my loadout and got dumped with a default one. This script allowed me to spawn my wardrobe (Radio Juliet 0-0-0) and then reload my kit as I had saved it and carry on.

It was very important for me not to be cheating. Self control is required yes. But mainly these allow me to play as I saw it should have. Stuck anims and stuff is also mega annoying when you forget to save...

Thank for your explanation, I'll try this Mod ASAP. :D

Yay!

Drop the .pbo into a folder of you're choice in the Arma directory and enable that folder as an addon. Its not a mission implemented addon in anyway thats the idea. If you need any further help in installing addons for Arma there are many a tutorial already out there.

The first Sticky covers it nicely :) http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150428-Beginners-guide-How-do-i-install-mods-addons

Hope you guys find it useful. Its not trying to be anything major, just a super simple few features.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

damn! just remembered that the addon looks for a userconfig .hpp file I left it in there as a blank encase I wanted to reference it. Cant change it today but it will CTD if not present in the Userconfig directory.

It needs to just be a blank HPP file. and directory can be obtained from launching the game once. I will update when I get a chance for it to not need this file. Will be within the next 24 hours.

Edited by JonieTurnock

Updated Front page with the fixed pbo that doesn't request the userconfig.hpp and made the nice addition that you are able to order a teammate to grab saved gear from an ammocrate and it arms him not you ;)

Im so fed up of micromanaging mysquads loadouts why do they never go to the crates you want them to :confused:

Edited by JonieTurnock

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Fox,

Updated 13/11/2013 V1.02

V1.02

Added a user interface that stops the action menu getting cluttered.

Added option to absorb entire High Command Group.

Added options to Promote Teams of each color (red,Blue,Yellow,Green)

400px-SubliminalScripts6.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

This mod is awesome. Really nice work.

Just a thought: Maybe you should map the "+Open Groupmanager+" to a key that makes the action menu actions available instead of an action menu action. Because right now, this just appears in the center of my screen randomly after changing weapons, opening inventory, reloading or exiting a vehicle, just as if it was the "default" action for the player, like when you walk up to a vehicle, the enter icon automaticly appears. That isn't really a big problem, but it can be annoying sometimes, especially when you hit it unintended (example: while trying to open a door) and suddenly your action menu is full of colored lines.

Also one thing that I noticed is that you can "call" the wardrobe but you can't actually detach it afterwards. Theres just no action menu entry for it. Likely the attach range is a little to far or something. I always had to call an AI and command him to execute the action "detach wardrobe, please". Is this a feature, like: You can't place the wardrobe on your own! Or a bug?

Has somebody yet tested if it works with MP?

I Feel the action menu pain I really do. I'll take a look into the possibility for it being mapped to a keypress and mapped a radio action.

Simply the simplest way to not collide with any other addons/interface configurations (like key mapping) is to put it in the action menu.

In regards to the wardrobe there should be a detach then remove option added but it does take an age to appear and you have to look at the sky and then back down a few times. Ill scrap the wardrobe for a GUI one in the next patch most likely though.

If anyone has any suggestions of how they would like to access their menus then please say would be interesting to hear.

New Version V1.03 addresses the accessibility of some features with the following changes.

Added GUI for spawning and deleting wardrobe. Default mapped to END Key. Radio Action removed.

Changed the Opening command for the Group Manager menu. Instead of being action menu activated this is now activated by the Home key.

Added a userconfig file for defining the keys of the Group Manager and Loadout Manager interfaces. By Default HOME is for Group Manager and END is for loadout manager.

http://editing.17thmedia.com/Filestore/Arma%203/Subliminal_ScriptsV1.03.zip

Edited by JonieTurnock

Glad to hear your on it.

I understand your point with the risk of your mod colliding with another one. But its still the better option. How about adding a userconfig hpp where the user himself can set the key. Most mods do it like this.

As an alternative, you could also use a custom communication menu, like the mod WW_AImenu by Windwalker does. Well, no, wait he uses the standart ArmA communication menu but you can easily create your own one, just rename it to something custom. ( I did this to make his mod compatible with A2OA). Its a rather simple structure if you've got an example for it. And his mod definitly is one. That would furthermore allow the usage of VAC in combination with your mod. Which would just add more awesomeness to it ;D

Any info on MP compatibility?

Edited by Dar

Thanks for the suggestions DAR, take a look at the frontpage and you should see an updated version 1.03 with various changes as suggested.

In regards to MP compatibility its not something I've looked at to be honest. It wasn't built with this in mind but some things will work I guess some will not. You're welcome to try it out and adapt if you wanted. I think most MP servers like to control the way their users have super command controls anyway and generally adapt these controls into their mission file rather than each users addon's. I would also say that's best really.

Thanks, man. Works just fine :D

Only issue I have now is that the HC doesn't work as it should. I can promote groups to HC, and I can enter HC mode, and then there is the group I just created and I can select it. But they are not marked on the map, have no infantry-label and don't react on commands.

And one more suggestion: "spawning" a toilet out of nowhere to redress is kind of not Arma style- How about a simple Supplybox paradrop at which you will be able to change your gear. Makes more sense anyway.

On the other hand changing the gear on the battlefield isn't very authentic either...

So I guess this is like: A toilet on the field isn't very realistic but it would fit in a base and you wouldn't change your gear outside a base anyway, would you? So only spawn it in bases if you want to stay real! :q:

Edited by Dar

The toilet thing is strictly a debug. It was only implemented because I designed the whole thing in the campaign when I lost my loadout I spent about 10 mins doing. Started the next mission and it was gone. So got hold of these mods did it again started next mission started in a car. :mad: So I decided I needed something that I could spawn to gear up and then delete.

The real bit for me was if I exited Camp Maxwel at the end of one mission geared up why the hell was I now with a dodgy rifle and scope...

In regards to the High command it works with the exact same scripts as before. The only new ones are Promote Team Colors. So if the arrays work and the team colors don't then fair enough. However it all relies on there being a high Command Module and Subordinate Module by mission design. I did this as to A) not cause issues with 2 High Command modules being created and B) to not ruin missions by design. Maybe the best thing would be to find Synched objects and if there is no HC module refuse promotion but at least you can split groups as is.

If you find that you have a mission where you have a HC module and HC Subordinate module in and synchronized correctly but still doesn't work then please send over for me to take a look at as all is working ok on this side.

I'm really looking forward to using this mod and I've been trying to get it working for several hours now. I'm somewhat new to the ARMA 3 mods but all of them I've installed so far have worked until this one. I followed the instructions and have the mod activated from the settings menu in Arma, but every time the game loads now it comes up with a "missing picture" error and says "\ca\ui_f\data_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa not found". I have absolutely no idea what this error means and I was hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction. I know I'm close to getting it to work (hopefully) and I'd love to have this thing up and running by the weekend. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

I'm really looking forward to using this mod and I've been trying to get it working for several hours now. I'm somewhat new to the ARMA 3 mods but all of them I've installed so far have worked until this one. I followed the instructions and have the mod activated from the settings menu in Arma, but every time the game loads now it comes up with a "missing picture" error and says "\ca\ui_f\data_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa not found". I have absolutely no idea what this error means and I was hoping someone on here may be able to point me in the right direction. I know I'm close to getting it to work (hopefully) and I'd love to have this thing up and running by the weekend. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Have you already tried to redownload the Mod?

Yay!

Have you already tried to redownload the Mod?

Yay!

Yeah, several times. I've also re-installed Arma twice. Unless an update for this mod came out in the last few hours, I should have the most up to date. Is there an external link I have to use to get an update? Here's a list of what I've done to this point, maybe I'm missing something obvious lol

Downloaded version 1.3 of the mod

Unzipped mod to desktop

Moved mod folder into main Arma 3 folder

Moved "userconfig" folder into main Arma 3 folder

Activated mod in-game via the "configuration" menu in Arma 3.

Re-started Arma 3 upon activation of mod.

After the above steps were taken, I began getting the error message from my first post. The game has since been re-installed and so has the mod, with the same steps being followed each time. Any ideas?

I really hope I'm missing some super easy step!

Hmm, can you post both your Mod folder and your userconfig folder tree?

Also, I don't see it in the first post, but do you have CBA? It may be required.

Yay!

Im getting a error saying this......................Picture

\ca\ui_f\data\ui_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa Not Found......................Why is this happing thanks

I also have cba_A3 as required....I put subliminal_scripts in userconfig and put @A3tools in common area where all other mods are put.

Edited by bravo409

Got it working for the most part. Not knowing exactly what belongs where for this mod, I copied some stuff around between my mod folders in my Arma 3 directory and the features all appear to be working properly. I still get the error messages on game start, as well as in game at mission start, but they don't appear to have any major affects that I have seen in about 20 minutes of tinkering. There are two things that I still have questions on though...

1) Is there a way to customize the gear/loadout of a member of my squad other than my character?

I've tried selecting a unit and going to the "actions" menu and selecting "gear customizer". The unit will run to the nearest ammo box, but it only brings up my current player rather than the other unit I've selected. Not sure if there's a way to accomplish this other than making all units playable and then switching to each one and running up to the box manually to change gear/uniforms/etc.

2) The menu of the gear customizer is not visible in any menu size other than "Very Small" and "Small". I really don't mind playing this way, but it makes other functions harder to read in the game. Is there a way to shrink down the gear customizer menu (or gui) in the settings part of the mod? That way, the full gui would show up even when my game menu size is set to "High".

I don't know if those are supposed to be regular features (and I still have to tweak files around) or if they are not possible as of yet, but you guys definitely have more expertise doing this than I do. So far, this is the most significant change to the game I've seen from any of the mods I've downloaded and I'm absolutely thrilled that most of the features are working now. GREAT MOD!!!!! :-) Gliptal, thanks for all your help so far!

Im getting a error saying this......................Picture

\ca\ui_f\data\ui_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa Not Found......................Why is this happing thanks

I also have cba_A3 as required....I put subliminal_scripts in userconfig and put @A3tools in common area where all other mods are put.

Since it seems a widespread error, it's probably better to wait for the author for an answer.
Got it working for the most part. Not knowing exactly what belongs where for this mod, I copied some stuff around between my mod folders in my Arma 3 directory and the features all appear to be working properly. I still get the error messages on game start, as well as in game at mission start, but they don't appear to have any major affects that I have seen in about 20 minutes of tinkering. There are two things that I still have questions on though...

1) Is there a way to customize the gear/loadout of a member of my squad other than my character?

I've tried selecting a unit and going to the "actions" menu and selecting "gear customizer". The unit will run to the nearest ammo box, but it only brings up my current player rather than the other unit I've selected. Not sure if there's a way to accomplish this other than making all units playable and then switching to each one and running up to the box manually to change gear/uniforms/etc.

2) The menu of the gear customizer is not visible in any menu size other than "Very Small" and "Small". I really don't mind playing this way, but it makes other functions harder to read in the game. Is there a way to shrink down the gear customizer menu (or gui) in the settings part of the mod? That way, the full gui would show up even when my game menu size is set to "High".

I don't know if those are supposed to be regular features (and I still have to tweak files around) or if they are not possible as of yet, but you guys definitely have more expertise doing this than I do. So far, this is the most significant change to the game I've seen from any of the mods I've downloaded and I'm absolutely thrilled that most of the features are working now. GREAT MOD!!!!! :-) Gliptal, thanks for all your help so far!

Happy you made it work!

Yay!

I wishes the Author of this Mod would respond I cant get this work at all HELP PLEASE