sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

We are aware of that , at this stage there's a big list of stuff to do, this might have to wait till A3 ... Will see

Thanks for kind reply SGT_Savage. Too bad I'm not getting ArmA 3 but anyway thanks for this outstanding mod. Love it.

Cheers

hey guys

I would know, is the bug with the turn out of the m113s fix?

oh and is there going to be music in 2.6?

with regards

Aussie Digger

Yes that has been fixed :)

There is over 80 different tracks that play out the transistor radios. But if you want music for your missions etc ... best download yourself :)

thanks i hated that bug and how do make the radio sound louder

oh I knew about the radios I was referring to the music that u can put onto waypoints but nvm about that

Edited by Aussie Digger

some of the attach choppers have loudspeakers and a little surprise for the pilot

Hey another idea for this MOD would be to have backpacks that you can put on your back and chose what style you want and put items into instead of it just being stuck there. It was frustrating having to use the modern day ACE pack backs to carry more supplies.

we have backpacks now - the mlods are not available for the units to be edited with packs going on and off the model, but we at least made them function in game, and you can put them down and pick them up and put them in vehicles etc

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/inventory-1_zpsa5189537.jpg (368 kB)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/uns_pax-1_zps8768d90b.jpg (270 kB)

Edited by eggbeast

Don't think we've ever tried ACRE have we? AFAIK there's no ACRE integration. Support radios are pretty nifty however :)

thanks i hated that bug and how do make the radio sound louder

I made it a little bit louder, but as I stated in previous posts its simulated to sound like a small transistor radio not loud speakers :P

yer true

all so sorry to ask but is there going to be 1 ATF in 2.6 or is that going in ARMA 3?

Edited by Aussie Digger

yer true

all so sorry to ask but is there going to be 1 ATF in 2.6 or is that going in ARMA 3?

No mate no aussies in 2.6 , A3 we will look at expanding if we can get enough help from new members

i planted an aussie flag in the FOB on Phu Bai...

and there's beer in the hootch...

only a matter of time before some cobbers show up for a barbie (gnat, sav, rocket, etc)

only a matter of time before some cobbers show up for a barbie (gnat, sav, rocket, etc)

hahha nice :p

Already there mate the esky is empty !!!

have ya seen them flippin shaaarks? man pass me another tinny, we'll swim later

arrrr did u her about the sapper who blew up the s*** house with C4

Edited by Aussie Digger

This beauty is inbound to land on armaholic in a few days. Since it comprises app. 36 liveries from 18 countries, I though that it MUST include these two (below) so I made them today. It's a little bit of a dedication to you gents, for your hard work on the mod :)

Cheers!

p9l1.jpg

epbh.jpg

h675.jpg

By the way, as I have already been granted with kind permission from Virtavia/Alphasim for conversions of their freeware resources, next two are my possible targets, both are loved carrier-based planes:

xg5i.jpg

v00u.jpg

Edited by NightIntruder

wow awesome man !

- initial questions:

will the A3 have working bomb bay doors etc?

are you putting in the aft facing twin 20mm cannons? that would be awesome fun

25 x 500lb, 6 x 1000lb, 8 1600lb or 4 x 2000lb seems to be the loads - if needed we can proxy that easy enough - need some pics of the bomb bays interior though

the S3 - we can fit removable 2x3 racks on wings and then 4 hardpoints in bomb bay = 10 x 500lbs

or 6 CBU's in a 1/1 capacity, or 2x heavier bombs 83/84 on wings only.

can you make a folding wing? we did it on the A6/F4. pook can show you how.

Hey! SGT_SAVAGE Do you still have some Evolution? Hohei or other Co-op ACE Mission's i cant find some ^^ help ;') but great work with this mod!

wow awesome man !

- initial questions:

will the A3 have working bomb bay doors etc?

are you putting in the aft facing twin 20mm cannons? that would be awesome fun

25 x 500lb, 6 x 1000lb, 8 1600lb or 4 x 2000lb seems to be the loads - if needed we can proxy that easy enough - need some pics of the bomb bays interior though

the S3 - we can fit removable 2x3 racks on wings and then 4 hardpoints in bomb bay = 10 x 500lbs

or 6 CBU's in a 1/1 capacity, or 2x heavier bombs 83/84 on wings only.

can you make a folding wing? we did it on the A6/F4. pook can show you how.

I did not test and reverse engineered them since I've got agreement yesterday:) I will check them to find if they are modeled in such way to have folded wings and send you answer via PM. By the way, have S3s been really carrying regular bombs at those times? Regarding aft cannons, it is possible but could be demanding on scripting side as those cannons were semi-automatic controlled by rear hemisphere radar AFAIK. I can prepare the model to have such function and folded wings, I think.

But speaking about racks and weapon proxies, I will definitively need your help, so thanks in advance :) Also, I do not know atm how to create EKA-3B (electronic warfare & tanker).It requires modifying the model a little bit (I can) and some scripting kung-fu (I am total lame).

EDIT: Both aircrafts have folding wings modeled, and A-3 has bomb bay doors working as well. No clue about bomb bay of S-3B.

Edited by NightIntruder

Looks nice!

Just make a 'dummy' gunner for the aft cannon. use the invisible P3D model (should work?) for the 'gunner'. Tweak his skill setting perhaps but have him spawn and enter turret on vehicle INIT. Make it a new 3D model. USe attachTo for the turret and gunner so the rear 'gunner' position will never show as a squad member. Script "getOut" EH so he always re-enters the vehicle (should never need to get out of the turret anyway). May not be perfect but should work as a 95% solution.

For the folding wing parts, just make sure the control surfaces are child nodes of the folding 'parent bone' in the skeleton. Then of course a separate animation for those control surfaces. Ditto for the memory points like light sources, axis points, etc. A real PITA trying to do it from scratch :) Just make sure all the pieces have the correct "camo1" or whatever so the textures agree when making new squadrons/camo schemes.

S3 was tanker was it not?

Don't let Egg fool you - they probably did NOT carry napalm cannisters or miniguns either :p

Looks nice!

Just make a 'dummy' gunner for the aft cannon. use the invisible P3D model (should work?) for the 'gunner'. Tweak his skill setting perhaps but have him spawn and enter turret on vehicle INIT. Make it a new 3D model. USe attachTo for the turret and gunner so the rear 'gunner' position will never show as a squad member. Script "getOut" EH so he always re-enters the vehicle (should never need to get out of the turret anyway). May not be perfect but should work as a 95% solution.

For the folding wing parts, just make sure the control surfaces are child nodes of the folding 'parent bone' in the skeleton. Then of course a separate animation for those control surfaces. Ditto for the memory points like light sources, axis points, etc. A real PITA trying to do it from scratch :) Just make sure all the pieces have the correct "camo1" or whatever so the textures agree when making new squadrons/camo schemes.

S3 was tanker was it not?

Don't let Egg fool you - they probably did NOT carry napalm cannisters or miniguns either :p

Thanks for tips pookie! :)

Well, S3 was mainly anti-ship/anit-submarine however, as I know now, they were carrying reg. bombs too. USN had ca. 30 planes in tanker version as well, so you are right.

So, to have fully completed Nimitz, I assume that someone should ask Milton Shoupe for his C-1 Traders, as they were workhorse of Carrier-Onboard-Delivery operations at the Vietnam War times. By the way, Vikings entered service after Vietnam war, and they predecessors were S2 Trackers/E-1 Tracers, also made by Milton. Take a look at this real beauty, both in RL and in FSX (in this case it's a Tracer and Trader):

http://www.rikoooo.com/images/photos3/Grumman_E1B_Tracer_FSX_%26_P3D_2.jpg (171 kB)

C1A2.jpg

Edited by NightIntruder