sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

lol and how doe s the chopper actually sound in game? is it cloned sound from the mi8 or your own sound?

lol and how doe s the chopper actually sound in game? is it cloned sound from the mi8 or your own sound?

It's mine. It's low-quality real sound of Mi-6 captured from several youtube footages, then processed and converted. There are at least dozen of pictures with sound recorded inside, outside and from large distance as well, in different phases of a flight. Talented sound maker can create great sound based on them, I believe. BTW, I sent you PW.

Edited by NightIntruder

- ok am looking into it

- ok take out the F4E pbo and your armory will work again

we now understand why the F4 causes this problem with the armory it's the entry hasgunner = true in theturret

FIXED it for 2.6

thanks for pointing it out!

Edited by eggbeast

Will there be new SP missions coming alongside 2.6?

We have a new member that will make missions for 2.6 , he is just waiting at the moment till we finish editing all the units,weapons and loadouts first. But no campaign ,Egg has been updating and testing out his Nam evo MP games with his clansmen from what I hear everyone is having a ball with it. Me I popped in briefly to have a look and it looks good.

My only wish that we had the team we have now back in 2.0 - 2.5.... As the community will see it feels like a completely different game but with Arma elements. I can't praise the team enough with all the hard work they have put in. Looking back when I joined the Unsung in 2004 .. I would never have dreamed it could be as good as it's shaping up to be. Again I can't thank the guys enough for their dedication and attention to detail and all the external help from Aplion, Brainbug, Vilas ,Von kunderberg, Deman3 and NightIntruder. Without the generous donations of models from our great friends and the time and effort given it would not be the mod it has become.

Sav

Hi, maybe consider tom3kb and I to do a few Opfor missions for you guys? We love doing the bad guys.

cool man - we should have a classlist available within maybe 2 weeks from now

Happy New Years everyone!!! Loving the Unsung Mod since day one of it's release. I am working on some Landing craft that my father served on back in the landing at Da Nang in '67. Hopefully, they'll be good enough to donate to the mod one day. See ya.

Hey I would just like to start off saying I love this mod and your attention to detail. The biggest thing for me was the hiddenselections for artwork on vehicles and the ambient voices for the ai. I just wondered if there was a way for me to report small bugs, such as some models like the USMC Officer 2 (utility cap) has a first person viewmodel bug where you can see part of his head and eyeball. Thanks again for this lovely mod and look forward to hearing a response.

Thanks for the feed back, we have noticed that issue on some of our unit models. I will discuss it with the team to see if we can in fact fix it for 2.6

Not to give you guys with more work, But is there any chance that the Huey gunships could have the nose mounted 40mm machine guns, Because that is something I've been missing.

:)

arma2oa2014-1-18-23-16-29-848_zps4f4b11f9.jpg

There's many more variants we have made. Just waiting on Spock to enhance the textures and we will drop more screenshots here :)

thats a great variant of the huey, a lot of firepower

Theres a heavier version on the way I think ;)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Here are some shots of the upgraded textures (on some of the other variants :D) still a little bit to do on them though.

First is a shot of the interior

12109945103_f1cf937aa5_z.jpg

Exterior shot of UH-1C with M158 rocket pods and miniguns

12113314625_32f3a6d3b2.jpg

Exterior shot UH-1C with lots of fun bolted to the outside. Probably the heaviest huey in terms of FIREpower.

12113794174_0d9b0e5c79_z.jpg

Here are some shots of the upgraded textures (on some of the other variants :D) still a little bit to do on them though.

First is a shot of the interior

Exterior shot of UH-1C with M158 rocket pods and miniguns

Exterior shot UH-1C with lots of fun bolted to the outside. Probably the heaviest huey in terms of FIREpower.

Even Better! Charlie better watch the skies for the flying death!

Great work! Amazing!

Have you planned a release date?

Carry on the great work gents!

some sneak peeks from the test hive

new handanims in play

riverp_zps814b6e73.jpg

enemy reinforcements

sampangroup-1_zps9b7a4775.jpg

enemy AA

bytaa_zpsa7a01339.jpg

night ops

lights4-1_zps91ae5621.jpg

dawn ops

m1911-1_zps77e0e615.jpg

I really love this mod, a great all around package about the vietnam war.

But i only can play it in Sp because the maps have so much details that our server cant handle it with AI (no probs with domi or evo).

My I7,780Ti,16Gbram have only 25-30fps in SP missions.

Anyone have performance hints ?

Hello Unsung Mod team

I have a question. Since I'm working on quit some missions with your awesome MOD I wanted to ask if in version 2,6 some of the units have been fixed. When units are dead the heads are sticking in the air and it looks really not to good . . . . it's kind of immersion breaking especially in cutscenes. It's not a big deal and it doesn't influence the missions but it's kind of bad looking. I just wanted to ask if guys could do something about it?

Thanks for your kind reply and keep up your awesome work.

cheers