sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod V 2.6 Release

hey guys just wondering will this mod be released in January

When it's done. ;)

hey guys just wondering will this mod be released in January

No chance :(

There's a lot going on behind the scenes and it all takes time. Realistically its months away yet , members of the team like myself want to ensure the last A2 release is best it can be so we plan to finish up with something very special. Also the holidays coming up some members are/ need time with their family. Don't worry we always release , all good things take time.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

the test version has about 300 small issues and a couple of modules to write, otherwise the main mod is pretty much ready. we're just working through the final list now deciding what needs attention and what can (or needs to be) be ignored.

i need a good week on the core evo mission (bringing some of my script fixes back from the A3 version) but otherwise the missions are playing really well also plus others in the community have made lots of good missions, so when we release this, there will hopefully be a surge of playing with no extra mods required... so hopefully lots of online action in A2. some of the testers in the team have said this is the best game of arma they've played in 6 years... we hope you agree!

is it just me or are there no servers hosting this mod? I ran a server list on Six updater (I think its called) and got 2 servers with 0 players on (at the time).

2.6 has not been released yet. if you mean 2.5 then you're in the wrong thread.

there may not be many servers for it. but looking around there's plenty of clans who regularly host it - i guess they switch it on when they play it.

but looking around there's plenty of clans who regularly host it - i guess they switch it on when they play it.

It is exactly like eggbeast says. In ACC we hosted UNS 2.5 several times and usually it was great pleasure to play with (it depends on mission makers' talents too). Pharoah, you may need to find and join a coop society that play UNS occasionally, I am affraid BUT judging at what I can see and read here, release of 2.6 will change that situation, I guess :)

hope so! it will take time to port to A3 so anyone wanting some proper Nam pleasure - buy a copy of combined ops for xmas!

That's great :)

By the way, Sav I've sent you PW with links for the packages we had talked about. Please, let me know whether you got it or not. Sorry for delay.

That's great :)

By the way, Sav I've sent you a PW with links to the packages we had talked about. Sorry for delay response. Please let me know by PW whether you got it or not.

Also, I am wondering if this baby (already released) would fit to your mod:

2x5q.jpg

;)

Edited by NightIntruder

Got it mate thanks again :)

Will be putting it in the mod soon guys are flat out fixing all the other stuff at the moment.

re that chopper I don't think they had that in their arsenal :/ But very nice work just the same :ok:

wow sav let's have it man - i can sure use it and it's a beaut!

As those were mainly employed as resupply / transport vehicles, I wonder if we could give them some transport ammo to dispatch whenever a resupply truck is called. AI should be smart enough to fly to/from a location when the rearm command is given. Or make them REALLY LARGE troop transports. 70 soldiers? WOW! LOL

I wonder if we could give them some transport ammo to dispatch whenever a resupply truck is called.

Well mate, it might need to create some objects inside cargo compartment like fuel tanks with hosses or reammo boxes / palettes and it would serve as you want. Give me some time and I can try to make such additions. However AFAIK, they had never been deployed near front line for such tasks in RL nor served as a transport means of airborne troops BUT I can imagine that they would fly between FOBs and bases fulfilling these tasks. Regarding troop transporter, I need to learn how to hide/unhide cargo proxy to make passanger version based on the same model (to keep the package size small). If anyone of you could help me to get such knowledge (assuming that it is possible) I would much appreciate it :) BTW, model consists 36 seats only plus 5 seats for crew so it needs additional work to have real payload.

Edited by NightIntruder

Regarding troop transporter, I need to learn how to hide/unhide cargo proxy to make passanger version based on the same model (to keep the package size small). If anyone of you could help me to get such knowledge (assuming that it is possible) I would much appreciate it :) BTW, model consists 36 seats only plus 5 seats for crew so it needs additional work to have real payload.

You'll need a ViewCargo LOD no matter what, otherwise the passengers' view be floating in the center of the model.

One thing - in my high-capacity ship, the AI brains seemed to cause some lag whenever they were all loaded. So you may want to keep this in mind when loading many more passengers... if you start to experience lag when near it, that would be why.

We have the mi8 for troop transport , is there a need for another ? The refuel/ rearm version would be useful though , especially transportation of the SA2 missile ;)

Will you also make Chinese type63 assault rifle? It's a kind of auto gun derived from type 56 rifle. It seems the troops of North Vietnam got them from China as well from late of 1960s.

You'll need a ViewCargo LOD no matter what, otherwise the passengers' view be floating in the center of the model. One thing - in my high-capacity ship, the AI brains seemed to cause some lag whenever they were all loaded. So you may want to keep this in mind when loading many more passengers... if you start to experience lag when near it, that would be why.

The addon already has the ViewCargo LOD, however looking at what you and Sav say about possible issues and real needs I would rather focus on resupply version only. Thanks for the tip though :)

Will you also make Chinese type63 assault rifle? It's a kind of auto gun derived from type 56 rifle. It seems the troops of North Vietnam got them from China as well from late of 1960s.

if we can get the mlod for the sks we can pop a 20 round mag on it, make it selective fire and call it a type 63 i guess.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

The addon already has the ViewCargo LOD, however looking at what you and Sav say about possible issues and real needs I would rather focus on resupply version only. Thanks for the tip though :)
if you can pass sav the mlod we can fix it up and hand you back a refined and fully kitted version i'm sure, between me n pook. how does it sound?

if you can pass sav the mlod we can fix it up and hand you back a refined and fully kitted version i'm sure, between me n pook. how does it sound?

It sounds great! :) As soon as the mlod with NVA camo be extracted I will send the package to Sav as you suggested. Thanks for help gents! :)