Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Catching up on the Q&A:

Headless Client (Numrollen and others): Server performance with Profiled Virtual AI is already sufficient, so there's been no driver to use HC yet. However, we will provide an option in Profile System to spawn on HC.

Dwarden - will do. As a general guide, we've had 12+ players with a full Altis map of up to 4k Virtual AI, and around 150 'Visual' AI at various places on the map where players were in range (1500m). Server FPS at its lowest point was around 35.)

Sounds great, really great. But also a good decidion to implement HC. You wont stand still and implement more and more stuff, so its always good to have a "ai" performance booster on the hand ;) @tMoment its hard to realize what you are building at the hole concept, so i stay tuned and will test it as soon as something is released. For me i hope this faceless vanilla missions (kill general, capture town...) can get boostet :)

Nah, I'm just stoked to have some new, official news. I've read that interview probably 10 times.

A question out to anyone that might know.

Q: Can I use the MCC Sandbox along with ALiVE and if so will the edits made from MCC stay persistent on server restarts like the rest of ALiVE?

You can use MCC no problem alongside ALiVE, but anything you add with MCC will not stay persistent. In due course we may add the ability to 'manually persist' objects similar to the admin action we had in MSO, for those that recall it.

We are in early talks with the creators of MCC to see if there's anything on the horizon in terms of closer integration, but this will be a long way off yet.

Upvoted.

Looking forward to this guys. Anticipation is high :D

Back in A2, my friend and I converted the MSO package over to the Unsung's South East Asia map with appropriate era men and vehicles. We set up a Firebase up at a special forces camp, manned the MG posts with AI, and after a few hours of gameplay, we signed off. A day later, when we signed on again, in said Firebase, we were taken aback by the fact that our once secure FB, was now in the hands of the Vietcong along with all of our previously AI friendly MG nests. Talk about a "Charlie being in the wire!" situation....we were definitely in the shit if you know what I mean.

The reason for the recollection is the fact that if ALiVE is anywhere near the setup that MSO was, and the amount of enjoyment we had out in the jungle fighting groups that were actually pursing us, I think this is going to suppress 99% of the issues I've quietly complained about in A3. Kudos to the ALiVE team. Hope to try it out soon.

DEVELOPER STREAMING EVENT COMING UP...

Saturday the 9th of November 2013.

8pm Australia [AEST], 9am UK [GMT], 3am US [CST].

Developers and testers will be streaming an ALiVE Operation. Questions and Answers as per stream chat - feel free to ask us any question you have. Query us all you want. This will be a capabilities demonstration...

Tune in, and enjoy!

Tomorrow 8pm EAST. 9am UK. 3am US.

Hosted at Twitch.tv!

What´s the channel on twitch?

Thanks !!

Guys your live are so awesome ! i love that new mission but i have a small question : Do we gonna have some counter insurgency environement like the mso did ?

Yes it will, but not fully implemented yet. It's already possible to set a simple COIN type scenario by using Civilian Objectives synched to an Insurgents Faction Military Placement module. In future iterations we'll be adding things like IEDs and 'destroy' missions, so insurgent forces will conduct hit and runs on civilian infrastructure such as power stations and factories.

really nice ! so if i understand right you work with the AEG guy for a power grid mod ?

We're investigating the art of the possible. Can't promise anything as it's early days yet for the side of things.

Oh I can not wait for the suspense and excitement of this module, MSO was simply the best scenario in Arma 2, and this is looking to be even better !!

Hi All,

I have just released simple mission tutorial videos 1-4 for ALiVE. For a sneak peak of the modules, and some in-depth views of ALiVE take a look. We will be making an episode to cover all the modules to help you all get the most out of your mission making for ALiVE.

Hey ALiVE guys.

You might want to change the editor-placed-modules icon to another more "vibrant" color for better clarity imo

Developers and testers will be streaming an ALiVE Operation. Questions and Answers as per stream chat - feel free to ask us any question you have. Query us all you want. This will be a capabilities demonstration...

Tune in, and enjoy!

Tune in, and enjoy!

Tune in where? A link would be helpful.