Finally could get my hands on these badboys! :)

Excellent job from everyone involved! Thank you very much for the work.

More detailed feedback will follow when I get the time.

I am dying of frustration trying to figure out what lines to edit in order to increase weapon damage on the Mk12. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I am dying of frustration trying to figure out what lines to edit in order to increase weapon damage on the Mk12. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
I think it's 'Hit' in the cfgAmmo, but don't quote me on that.

As above, should be CFGAmmo>Hit=x (is a floating number so, 0.3, 9.3, etc, the default for BI 5.56 rounds currently is 8) and then using that round in a new magazine (defined in CFGMagazines)

Though that would obviously require making a new magazine type and round type... which if you're going all the way you may as well put in some research and Add Mk.262 rounds.

The Story of the Mk262 round was that the US Army Marksmanship unit (A non combat unit, they're more like olympic shooters who happen to be in the US Army) wanted more accurate 5.56 rounds for competitions so a company called Black Hills ammo designed a round for them designated the Mk262 Mod 1 which is a 4.98 gram Match grade (high accuracy) open tip (holopoint) compared to the older 4.01 Gram SS109/M855 'Green tip' (standard issue is most NATO armies) which is a solid full metal jacket the new 262 round found much higher accuracy over range.

Due to the noted accuracy it later found its way into use with SEAL marksman which they found that rather than the usual 500m range they were getting in their Mk12 SPR's with regular rounds, the match grade accuracy pushed this out to around 700m, even when fired from an 18 inch barrel.

(M16=20in, Mk12=18in, M4=14.5in - Longer barrel=Higher accuracy, Shorter=Higher velocity.)

In addition to this higher accuracy over range they found the lethality to be much, much higher (Recorded single shot kills at 600m in some cases, something almost unheard of with 5.56mm rounds).

As an example, I'm pretty thin, my upper chest is around 20-21cm deep and with the SS109/M855 the round doesn't start expanding until around 22-23cm into the target, if I was shot with a M855 it would look more like someone pushed a 5mm rod through my chest rather than the fragmentation and internal damage that a bullet needs to do, while the M262 has an open tip for which to tear away when it enters a target starts to tear apart and fragment after just 5cm and has created a large internal wound at around 20cm and lost nearly all of its energy at 30cm, or in perspective, if i was shot with a 262 round there would be a 5mm hole in my ribs and a 60mm hole in my back... if i was large chested you might see 2-3 small fragments come out while my internal organs would looks more like swiss cheese...

So due to the aforementioned accuracy and lethality they've been issued to nearly all US Military marksmen for use in 5.56mm rounds and there's been some people saying that the SEALS, MARSOC, SF, etc are now using it as their standard round.

You may be thinking "But, Holopoint/Exploding/expanding rounds are against the Geneva convention", you would be right... kinda.

First off, the Declaration of St. Petersburg states

"The Contracting Parties agree to abstain from the use of bullets which expand or flatten easily in the human body, such as bullets with a hard envelope which does not entirely cover the core, or is pierced with incisions."

Which pretty much directly points at the design of the 262 rounds, however in 1868 during this declaration the US wasn't considered a major power in the world and wasn't invited to even sign the declaration, only a dozen or so countries signed it (Ottoman empire, Russia, UK, etc)

Later the Hague Convention of 1907 (Which the US DID sign) states:

"…it is especially forbidden -

To employ arms, projectiles, or material{sic} calculated to cause unnecessary suffering;"

Which is fair enough and for many years US Snipers only used solid tip rounds that weren't as likely to fragment and cause 'unnecessary suffering' (We'll just ignore the fact they used flamethrowers for over 35 years and WP on people in Iraq...) However the above only applies to countries that signed the Hague Convention... countries like Iraq and Afghanistan were under control of the United Kingdom at the time so they didn't exactly get a chance to sign it...

Additionally, in 1985 the US Judge Advocate General advocated that:

"…expanding point ammunition is legally permissible in counter-terrorist operations not involving the engagement of the armed forces of another State."

What? You mean Afghanistan is a counter insurgency ('Terrorist') operation... ~US Military

In late 1990 the US SOCOM commander also stated that:

"The purpose of the 7.62mm "open-tip" MatchKing bullet is to provide maximum accuracy at very long range. … Bullet fragmentation is not a design characteristic, however, nor a purpose for use of the MatchKing by United States Army snipers. Wounds caused by MatchKing ammunition are similar to those caused by a fully jacketed military ball bullet, which is legal under the law of war, when compared at the same ranges and under the same conditions. not only meets, but exceeds, the law of war obligations of the United States for use in combat."

Guess what bullet is used in the 262 round? Yup, a Sierra Matchking...

Later on when the Mk23 pistol was being ordered SOCOM even gained permission for Winchester Black Talon rounds, infamous bullets that rather than fragment on impact create large razor sharp 'tallons' or petels on the outside and not only cause more damage to the target but also reportedly sharp enough that surgeons were worries about operating on people shot with said rounds as they thought the petels could cut open their gloves...

Well, this ended up longer than I expected, so i'll put that in a spoiler for you...

Good idea Scarecrow - i will add that Mk262 and it will be default ammo for Mk12/Samr

Mk262 damage will be 8.5 - also arma 2 556 damage was same as it is now , so the arma 3 body armour is kinda too strong tho

Mr. Hammer, you just made my day. Been playing with these nice looking toys all morning. Excellent quality on models and textures.

thank, you for the response. I will do some research as you suggested. As always, great mod, Mr. RH.

Good idea Scarecrow - i will add that Mk262 and it will be default ammo for Mk12/Samr

Mk262 damage will be 8.5 - also arma 2 556 damage was same as it is now , so the arma 3 body armour is kinda too strong tho

Yeah, i noticed the body armor does a bit of a difference on the lower values, particularly at range when the velocity drops.

I ended up doing some fiddling around today and come to the conclusion that I'm glad I'm not in your position when it comes to figuring out weapon damage...

What I seemed to find is that with hit 8.5 firing at 50m suppressors would be 2-3 on a unarmored target and unsuppressed would be 2, body armor generally allows them to take 1 extra bullet and pushing it out to 500m and hitting them with a lower velocity round allows them to take an extra bullet either armored or unarmored... so an armored guy at 500m seems to take around 4-5 shots with a suppressed rifle.

Tried pushing it all the way upto 9.5 at which point it was 2 shots on armored both close and distance and one on unarmored at short range and 2 on unarmored at distant ranges.

Ugh, just typing this out makes me confused from thinking about it...

Probably wouldn't be so bad if there was a incapacitation mechanic at least because, IMO, just flinching from taking 3 rounds to the back is a little ridiculous even if you are wearing DragonSkin you're still going to get knocked over.

Edited by Scarecrow398

I totally agree with you Scarecrow.

In my team, we changed hit values in order to make rifles more effectives.

Here are our settings :

5.56 (Tavor, FN 2000) HIT = 10

6.5 (MX, KATIBA) HIT = 12

7.62 (EBR, Zafir) HIT = 15

9mm (pistol) HIT = 7

Roberthammer :

I really love your pack, textures are amazing !

Do you plan to add more versions ? I really miss shorties like Mk18 or M4 CQBR (I know that some already exist, but they did not reach your quality level...).

If I can add something, I realized that recoil is incredibly low, even in burst mode. Is it due to the BiS update or is it your choice ?

Getting one shotted by MK20s in the campaign I can say that no, body armor isn't too stong. It just doesn't work properly.

Yes they do headshot you in a sec but most of time they hit your chest like 2 or 3 times before you die - atleast it was that in my gameplay of the campaign

Have been testing them out for a few days now. I must say.. amazing work!

Will you add magazines? Maybe pmag? :o

Will you add magazines? Maybe pmag? :o

I may be wrong but I don't think Arma3 handles mags like it does attachments, it's only the one model of magazine per weapon.

I may be wrong but I don't think Arma3 handles mags like it does attachments, it's only the one model of magazine per weapon.

Correctamundo

I see. But what about the MX SW? I think it accepts both 100 and 30 round mags?

About the recoil, i think your might wanna stick with the F2000As recoil. I think the TRG21 still has a recoil comparable to the 6.5 caliber rifles.

I really like your 3D scope of the acog (best acog available for A3 right now). Maybe you could simply create two seperate acoq attachments, one for 2D and one for 3D?

In battle i tend to switch around between weapon modes quite often and a third mode "might" be bothersome. That way everyone could simply equip the optic he'd prefer.

I think these are both good ideas.

Which is really sad, given that you can use the 30-round or the 100-round MX mags on any of the weapons, but they only appear to be the 100-round ones on the MX SW (even if you use 30-round ones... :rolleyes:)

Great idea adding MK262. I use it on the range a lot!! It extends combat engagement ranges beyond 600m. Keep in mind that US SOF have chosen this round for primary M4's also because of its devastating power, extreme accuracy and extended range.

Roberthammer :

I really love your pack, textures are amazing !

Do you plan to add more versions ? I really miss shorties like Mk18 or M4 CQBR (I know that some already exist, but they did not reach your quality level...).

If I can add something, I realized that recoil is incredibly low, even in burst mode. Is it due to the BiS update or is it your choice ?

*ahem* The RH in RHARD Mk18's is RobertHammer :P

I really like your m4/m16 pack i love m4 series

and i like your texture mod,.,do you have a plan to make TAN colour?

and some more weapon?

like mk18 mod 1 with good texture? :bigglasses:

and HK416 weapon?

:cool:

im waiting for the next update and more weapon from you RH

great job :cheers: